Dr Strangelove

didtheydie.com[ments]

Is "didtheydie.com" a complete waste of server space  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When did Lennie Bennett die ?

Every night,

Which is why he 'aint on the TV any more

Oh I know that, but when did he become worm food? They have him listed as dead. I don't remember him dying and it's the sort of strange thing I would remember

Seeing that pic of him brought back a very vivid memory of being violently sick once when Punchlines was on. I must have been about 4 years old

Seeing that pic of him brought back a very vivid memory of being violently sick once when Punchlines was on. I must have been about 4 years old

I think most of us were (violently sick that is, not 4 years old.)

I think most of us were (violently sick that is, not 4 years old.)

I've been both, but not necessarily together.

Basically DTD's overdone the gimmicks. We here on the DL are not afraid of our own intelligence and ability to amuse each other. So I'm sticking around here.

:lol:

I'm not sorry you think we're overdoing the gimmicks. I'm chuffed, and we've got a whole lot more of 'em lined up!

I noticed some other guy also stating that we're "No competition" for Deathlist. Whilst I'd second this, I think it's pretty obvious that it's comparing chalk and cheese, an I hope that you don't think did they die is some sort of "pretender to your throne"!

I'm afraid that 'didtheydie.com' has no claim to the throne so I would not even give it pretender status. :)

I'm afraid that 'didtheydie.com' has no claim to the throne so I would not even give it pretender status. :)

Good, but hey, wasn't that the point I made?

I was agreeing with you, while promoting my mother-site and denouncing yours. :lol:

Basically DTD's overdone the gimmicks. We here on the DL are not afraid of our own intelligence and ability to amuse each other. So I'm sticking around here.

I'm not sorry you think we're overdoing the gimmicks. I'm chuffed, and we've got a whole lot more of 'em lined up!

I noticed some other guy also stating that we're "No competition" for Deathlist. Whilst I'd second this, I think it's pretty obvious that it's comparing chalk and cheese, an I hope that you don't think did they die is some sort of "pretender to your throne"!

I wish you luck with your site,

Gimmicks have their place, just try to make sure the gimmicks don't swamp the core content.

There is also an ad at the top of the page, which is pretty contemptible really, given the low price of a pint of web hosting these days.

That would disqualify you both somewhat from the HLEGA*, wouldn't it?

(*Honourable League of Enthusiastic Gentleman Amateurs)

When you're kicking out a load of bandwidth, hosting isn't free. Advertising is a commercial reality. You'll find it on most internet sites.

You take my point though, I presume.

I didn't say bandwidth is free. I said it's cheap.

As is advertising, but in a different sense.

I didn't say bandwidth is free. I said it's cheap.

As is advertising, but in a different sense.

Understand your point totally... still, didtheydie won't be making millions any time soon.... though visits are really picking up, and people are starting to leave more comments on the profiles ... usually slagging us off for "dissing" their favourite celeb ;)

I was extremely surprised to receive a comment calling us "dickheads" for Angela Rippon's profile

Obviously we're approving all such posts so they get on the site... and advising these people to contact our helpline, where they can slag us off some more!!

:skull:

bicker, bicker, bicker... hands up if you're tired of the circular nature of this thread. ;)

bicker, bicker, bicker... hands up if you're tired of the circular nature of this thread. ;)

Sorry, should have made it more clear: those comments I found so amusing were not bickers/gripes from you guys but were sent in by "readers"/"users" of DTD... a bit like the very funny Irate Visitors rant here if you must! forum.

Every night,

I think this deserves a spot on our classic "Joke thread" ;)

Every night,

I think this deserves a spot on our classic "Joke thread" :lol:

We resurrected him: Lenny Bennett turns out he's not dead, just dossing in golf clubs.

Thanks for the picture, thanks to you guys we're nearing 85% accuracy, and that's just swell.

XT

Every night,

I think this deserves a spot on our classic "Joke thread" :lol:

We resurrected him: Lenny Bennett turns out he's not dead, just dossing in golf clubs.

Thanks for the picture, thanks to you guys we're nearing 85% accuracy, and that's just swell.

XT

You really, really shouldn't have.

You might provoke the man into attempting an ill judged comeback. :D

Just put a "do not disturb" sign on his file.

The career dead are best left comatose.

Edited by Tempus Fugit

Apparently Lennie Bennett is fabulous company on the golf course and now scratches a living as an after dinner speaker for "international corporate clients".

More interesting for you guys perhaps is this gem I found on the net which says that in 1994 Lennie Bennett suffered a massive heart attack - possibly a contender for the next few deathlists?

Apparently Lennie Bennett is fabulous company on the golf course and now scratches a living as an after dinner speaker for "international corporate clients".

More interesting for you guys perhaps is this gem I found on the net which says that in 1994 Lennie Bennett suffered a massive heart attack - possibly a contender for the next few deathlists?

There's scraping the bottom of the barrel,

and then there's excavating beneath the barrel.

Lennie is most definitely the latter.

I recall footage of Mr. Bennett playing in a 'charity' cricket match with some other '80's nonentities and the all-conquering West Indies team. He rather ill-advisedly tried to catch an enormous Viv Richards shot and ended up spitting teeth all over the grass. Made me laugh like a drain as I recall.

He rather ill-advisedly tried to catch an enormous Viv Richards shot

Sorry, this sentence just stood out and brought all sorts of unpleasent images into mind

I recall footage of Mr. Bennett playing in a 'charity' cricket match with some other '80's nonentities and the all-conquering West Indies team. He rather ill-advisedly tried to catch an enormous Viv Richards shot and ended up spitting teeth all over the grass. Made me laugh like a drain as I recall.

Those were the good old days when the West Indies had a decent cricket team. :P

As promised earlier, the DidTheyDie webservice ("RandomStiff") is now available for your consumption.

Those of you who know what a WSDL is and how to use it, will find the service here

http://www.didtheydie.com/RandomStiff.php?wsdl

If anyone needs any assistance using this, please let us know. Free for any use.

XT

WWWhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeecccccchhhhhhhhhh!!!!

That was the sound on that - http://www.didtheydie.com/RandomStiff.php?wsdl - flying right over my head :(

As promised earlier, the DidTheyDie webservice ("RandomStiff") is now available for your consumption.

Those of you who know what a WSDL is and how to use it, will find the service here

http://www.didtheydie.com/RandomStiff.php?wsdl

If anyone needs any assistance using this, please let us know. Free for any use.

XT

Why is the a-z celeb list on didtheydie.com, listed alphabetically by first names and not their surnames?

Very annoying.

Why is the a-z celeb list on didtheydie.com, listed alphabetically by first names and not their surnames?

Very annoying.

I think you may have stumbled across the answer yourself.