DevonDeathTrip

Nick Du Toit / Simon Mann / Mark Thatcher

No news, DDT, but there is a BBC drama starring Robert Bathurst as Sir Mark Thatcher on next Friday (30th June) called Coup!

Whilst it will not help or hinder Mr. Du Toit's health, it might heighten interest in him from the media, and maybe an update on his condition.

I live in hope OoO, there are a lot of points at stake for my DDP, Unique Pick, Under 50 and my joker (although I concede that was a little wreckless)

I must say,from a deathlist point of view, I'm rather concerned about Equatorial Guinea's humanitarian concern for Marius Boonzaaier.

I do hope the BBC drama sheds some light on his current health, there has been no recent news and Black Beach Prison haven't replied to any of my emails. :skull:

I know no one else cares... but look!

He's gone from this:

nickdutoit0le.jpg

To this:

2006072510110524_Nick_du_Toit220.jpg

He looks better in the second photo,

he really should consider marketing that diet programme.

I know no one else cares... but look!

He's gone from this:

nickdutoit0le.jpg

To this:

2006072510110524_Nick_du_Toit220.jpg

Yes, yes, quite... his Roger Moore impression is a shadow of its former self, isn't it?

I'm assuming that's a microphone and supporting radio connection cum powerpack arrayed over the front of the fetching pale blue shirt.

It's not a device to support a dodgy heart or owt is it?

I'm assuming that's a microphone and supporting radio connection cum powerpack arrayed over the front of the fetching pale blue shirt.

It's not a device to support a dodgy heart or owt is it?

The camera tripod in the background is what gives it away. My guess is he's just auditioined for the Equatorial Guinea Pop Idol show, or similar.

Guest Assholes

You people F*****g digust me! You no nothing of the world he is in, yet you sit there and make jokes about the F*****g tripod and mic on his shirt. oviously you people have nothing better to do with your very pathtic waste of lives that you should not be living.

You people F*****g digust me! You no nothing of the world he is in, yet you sit there and make jokes about the F*****g tripod and mic on his shirt. oviously you people have nothing better to do with your very pathtic waste of lives that you should not be living.

Here is how this ranter scrored according to the rfc 616 - deathlist rant index.

1. [0] The post states that the members of DeathList.net are sick.
  2. [0] The post states that a relative or friend of the writer died recently.
  3. [0] The post states that a living relative or friend of the writer suffers from cancer or some other terminal disease.
  4. [1] If the post is written in a topic about a person, living or dead, the post states or infers that the subject is above criticism.
  5. [1] The post states or infers that the poster is morally or intellectually superior to the members of DeathList.net.
  6. [1] The post contains one or more obscenities.
  7. [1] The post states or infers a wish of a painful or imminent death on the members of DeathList.net.
  8. [0] The post states or infers a wish that the members of DeathList.net to go to hell.
  9. [0] The post contains five or more misspelt words. Obvious typos do not count as spelling mistakes, nor do accepted spelling variants.
  10. [1] The post contains two or more grammatical errors.
  11. [1] The post contains one or more instances of misuse of "there / their / they're / there're".
  12. [1] The post contains one or more instances of misuse of "your/ you're".
  13. [0] The post contains one or more instances of "alot" instead of "a lot".
  14. [0] The post contains one or more instances of the pronoun "I" in lower case.
  15. [1] The post contains five or more instances of bad interpunction and capitalisation.
  16. [0] The post contains three or more instances of a multisyllabic word written in ALL CAPS.
  17. [0] The post is written in one case only (lower case or capital).
  18. [0] The post contains one or more instances of consecutive question marks (??) or exclamation marks (!!).
  19. [0] The post contains l33t5PE@K or AOLese.
  20. [0] The post speaks about the poster in the third person
  21. [1] The post contains one or more direct contradictions.
  22. [1] The post contains one or more statements that are widely agreed on to be false.
  23. [0] The post tries to rebut a statement that was not made in a previous post in the topic.
  24. [0] The post contains one or more email addresses.
  25. [0] The post contains one or more threats of physical violence. Warnings are considered threats.

The DLRI of this post is (10/25)*100 = 40.

regards,

ff :)

Quite right Sir/Madam.

A shocking rabble, clearly not up to your high moral standards.

(But rather better at spelling)

Quite right Sir/Madam.

A shocking rabble, clearly not up to your high moral standards.

(But rather better at spelling)

:):D

President Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo has said it is too soon to pardon any of the foreign mercenaries jailed for trying to overthrow him.

With regard to Nick Du Toit, his comments are especially unpromising:

"Their leader, Nick du Toit in particular. That one, he's still got 20 years, minimum"

His comments about the quality of life in Black Beach Prison fail to convince me:

"Today this prison resembles a five-star hotel. Everything has been redone, the cells, the paintwork, the yards, to enable rehabilitation. The prisoners are happy, including the mercenaries,"

I am still convinced that Du Toit's 34 year sentence is a death penalty by default and he won't make it out of Black Beach Prison alive. :wheelchair:

May well exclude him since:

a: The main motivation for this is better relations with influential foreign countries.

b: Du Toit was planning violent overthrow of a president very fond of hanging on to power and could - therefore - be argued to be nothing but a highly paid mercenary.

c: Du Toit's predicament isn't the main worry when foreign powers get worked up about human rights in EG.

Incidentally, anyone know what Eric the Eel is up to these days?

One of the alleged plotters has died in jail.

Unfortunately, for DDT, it's not du Toit.

One of the alleged plotters has died in jail.

Unfortunately, for DDT, it's not du Toit.

Two of the eleven foreign nationals arrested in Equatorial Guinea have now died and one was released on health grounds. I'm hoping for more news on Du Toit if Simon Mann gets extradited there.

I just don't understand why Nick Du Toit is always a unique pick in deadpools.

Simon Mann looks like he's on his way to Equatorial Guinea, though not in the manner he originally intended.

If this goes ahead, and I can't see Mugabe intervening, it leaves him to the less than tender mercies of Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo. In anything but name it is a death sentence.

This will be an interesting moral conundrum for deathlisters everywhere, though I suspect it will be somewhat more stimulating for Mr. Mann's family and friends.

Simon Mann looks like he's on his way to Equatorial Guinea, though not in the manner he originally intended.

If this goes ahead, and I can't see Mugabe intervening, it leaves him to the less than tender mercies of Teodoro Obiang Nguema Mbasogo. In anything but name it is a death sentence.

This will be an interesting moral conundrum for deathlisters everywhere, though I suspect it will be somewhat more stimulating for Mr. Mann's family and friends.

I propose we dedicate a thread to Mann once his plane touches down in EG.

(topic title edited, ATJ)

And the very next day.

"Zimbabwe’s biggest hotel and leisure group has signed a multimillion dollar deal to develop seaside tourism in Equatorial Guinea and has already began building a five star hotel there."

Simon Mann is in real trouble now. I read somewhere that he is suffering from extreme hypertension. When he is clapped in irons and thrown in to his crowded, fetid prison cell to begin his 'life' sentence, his condition may be exasipated to the level above 'extreme'. I doubt he will be allowed to remain in Zimbabwe long enough to get the hip replacement and hernia operations he needs either.

Now that Mbasogo has his man, he surely has no reason to keep Nick Du Toit alive for much longer.

Despite all that, I still can't find it in my heart to feel much sympathy for either of them. They were fully aware of the risks, motivated by money and are ultimately responsible for the circumstances in which they now find themselves. :)

Guest Dyslexia Helpdesk
And the very next day.

"Zimbabwe’s biggest hotel and leisure group has signed a multimillion dollar deal to develop seaside tourism in Equatorial Guinea and has already began building a five star hotel there."

Simon Mann is in real trouble now. I read somewhere that he is suffering from extreme hypertension. When he is clapped in irons and thrown in to his crowded, fetid prison cell to begin his 'life' sentence, his condition may be exasipated to the level above 'extreme'. I doubt he will be allowed to remain in Zimbabwe long enough to get the hip replacement and hernia operations he needs either.

exacerbated?

And the very next day.

exacerbated?

sorry - pished.

He's also in trouble becuase Zimbabwe have no friends and need oil from EG, they can't offer too much in return so Simon Mann is - almost - currency in this case. And with no real friends, Mugabe can't easily be leaned on.

Just hope he has a pulse on New Years Eve, I haven't got him on any deadpool.

If you believe what you read in the The Daily Mail, things are looking especially unpromising for Simon Mann.

"According to sources inside Equatorial Guinea, the President has promised his henchmen that once Mann, a close friend of Sir Mark Thatcher, is extradited to Black Beach, he will be paraded in triumph to his palace in the old port of Malabo to be sodomised personally by the President before being skinned alive."

"According to sources inside Equatorial Guinea, the President has promised his henchmen that once Mann, a close friend of Sir Mark Thatcher, is extradited to Black Beach, he will be paraded in triumph to his palace in the old port of Malabo to be sodomised personally by the President before being skinned alive."

Would you care to elaborate on these 'sources?' Sounds to me like Care in the Community is alive and well in Africa.

The Mail On Sunday have sent one of their journalists to Black Beach Prison to have a good look at what it has to offer. The linked article contains a new picture of a remarkably healthy looking Nick Du Toit, although he is described as looking "gaunt". It also confirms that the old Black Beach Prison was demolished a year ago and a newer facility has been built in it's place. Also the article resurrects Sergio Cardonos, who was reported to have died earlier this year.

Nick Du Toit told the visiting reporter:

"It feels like I've been here my whole life. We are locked alone in our cells most of the time while other prisoners go out to the exercise yard and get fresh air....When Simon Mann arrives he will see what we have gone through for three years and get a taste of it himself. Maybe if he tells them what they want, we will all get out sooner."

Chin up Nick, only another three decades to go.