Not if you are Queen of England in the 16th Century.

Men want to marry you for the power they can gain.

Elizabeth did love some but never persued 'her' interest in them.

Are you studying history by any chance?

Not if you are Queen of England in the 16th Century.

Men want to marry you for the power they can gain.

Elizabeth did love some but never persued 'her' interest in them.

Are you studying history by any chance?

The deathlist is the only history lesson ye shall ever need. :blink:

Indeed.

Nothing to do with Tudor England tho. Its more 20th Century Europe and Scotland 1690-1850. Rather boring...

Indeed.

Nothing to do with Tudor England tho. Its more 20th Century Europe and Scotland 1690-1850. Rather boring...

20th Century Europe,

God what a bore,

nothing happening there, apart from:

WWI

WWII

The Russian revolution

The Cold War

The collapse of the USSR.

Move along please nothing to see in the 20th Century. :blink:

Its boring when you are stuck with a German lecturer talking about both wars and the hardships of Germany in the interwar and post war periods.

And its especially boring when you have an American lecturer with a monotone, Bill Gates style voice going on about the A - Bomb for an hour. :blink:

I don't believe in royalty.

Your born into a faimly thrown into it with no choice and

told as a young child what you will be.

Some may take this as an honor but if the individual is a complete

asshole.......then look what you have running GB.  ;)

It isn't only royal children who have their destiny determined at birth. Children (especially sons) born into mega-rich families (Maxwells, Murdochs, Kennedys etc) are expected to carry on the family business when the "old man" is no longer around.

And Prince Charles could, in theory at least, have removed himself from the line of succession at any time in the past, eg by marrying a Catholic woman. I believe there is a Japanese princess who did exactly that recently (and no, I don't mean marrying a Catholic woman).

The Japanese princess became a commoner automatically by marrying a commoner; it didn't have to do with religion, just status.

I don't know about George Bush, but Dick Cheney is becoming increasingly despised, as is Donald Rumsfeld. People are beginning to see who's really behind some of the more malevolent idiocies of the current Administration, and it ain't Dubya.

I don't know about George Bush, but Dick Cheney is becoming increasingly despised, as is Donald Rumsfeld. People are beginning to see who's really behind some of the more malevolent idiocies of the current Administration, and it ain't Dubya.

rove_medal_of_honor.jpg

So, how do most Americans view the lovely Karl Rove?

Depends if they're Democrats or Republicans. These days most things seem to be seen through the bias of one's political position: for Republicans Karl Rove is a scapegoat, and for Democrats he's a criminal.

Its boring when you are stuck with a German lecturer talking about both wars and the hardships of Germany in the interwar and post war periods.

And its especially boring when you have an American lecturer with a monotone, Bill Gates style voice going on about the A - Bomb for an hour. ;)

Did you sign up for this course voluntarily?

New most hated: the inconsiderate fool who sat next to me on the train this morning and opened a packet of CHEESE AND ONION CRISPS. I mean really, 0730hrs. Inappropriate timing AND location for such activity.

I made my feelings known and he moved seats, but not before I'd inhaled at least 3 nosefuls of the noxious odour. Made my stomach turn. ;)

Guest Guest

You're lucky it wasn't prawn cocktail. ;)

And its especially boring when you have an American lecturer with a monotone, Bill Gates style voice going on about the A - Bomb for an hour. ;)

Did you sign up for this course voluntarily?

Yes. :D It seemed like a good idea at the time.

New most hated: the inconsiderate fool who sat next to me on the train this morning and opened a packet of CHEESE AND ONION CRISPS. I mean really, 0730hrs. Inappropriate timing AND location for such activity.

I get the same feeling with pensioners and busses. You see, in Scotland they get a free bus pass and god do they use it. They take up all the seats and if all the seats are full, you don't get on the bus.

I had to stand for over an hour (hourly service) in snow because the bus I intended to take was full of pensioners. And another thing, if you actually do get on the bloody bus, one of them always farts and it smells like they have followed through. Vulgar! ;)

Serious answer, statistically checked - Anne Robinson, no question aboudit. Except, to her credit, she did slag off the Welsh so she must have some judgement. It's not the Weakest Link Anne, but all those years doing Points of View, and that wink. Just writing this has spoiled my evening.

Yea she's a biatch all right! I'm just waiting for the day when someone loses it on her show and twats her one with a half-brick........mmmmmmmmmm.......Anne Robinson with here teeth in a basket......

I get the same feeling with pensioners and busses. You see, in Scotland they get a free bus pass and god do they use it. They take up all the seats and if all the seats are full, you don't get on the bus.

I had to stand for over an hour (hourly service) in snow because the bus I intended to take was full of pensioners.

That's God's way of telling you to buy a motorbike.

Don't believe all that nonsense about them being dangerous, in fact winter is the ideal time to learn to ride a bike.

Serious answer, statistically checked - Anne Robinson, no question aboudit. Except, to her credit, she did slag off the Welsh so she must have some judgement. It's not the Weakest Link Anne, but all those years doing Points of View, and that wink. Just writing this has spoiled my evening.

No, sorry to continue your torment, but worse than Anne on Points of View was Anne on Watch-a-dog. She's right up there with Vorderman.

Her only saving grace (other than the Welsh jibe) is that Nicky Campbell is even more of a c*** than she is!

BITCH!! I hate her!!

:sicktherm:

time for my tablet.

Noooo, I quite like Vorderman, even if she did kill poor Mr Whiteley (bet nobody picked him). Also Chris Evans is turning nice gradually. Who'd have thought it?

Don't believe all that nonsense about them being dangerous, in fact winter is the ideal time to learn to ride a bike.

Hmm.

Statistics show that motorbikes are involved in accidents about as often as cars. They also show that the chances of getting injured are much higher when you get in a motorcycle accident.

I don't know about that winter thing. I learned to ride, and did the test, in summer. What I remember most of riding in winter was the trouble I had operating the clutch and the front brake of my Honda CB400 because I couldn't stretch my fingers. :referee:

regards,

Hein

I don't know about that winter thing. I learned to ride, and did the test, in summer. What I remember most of riding in winter was the trouble I had operating the clutch and the front brake of my Honda CB400 because I couldn't stretch my fingers. :referee:

regards,

Hein

Quite like the idea of that little seat extension that is sticking up in the middle. Is it because your legs are too long?

I know quite a lot of people with a pretty strong aversion to Andrew Lloyd-Webber.

Not sure why. :(

I can't believe that after 7 pages there has been no mention of Paul McCartney. Elsewhere in DL he has been roundly excoriated.

So my nominations are:

Smug McCartney, his first wife (if she were still alive), his second wife and his equally smug daughter.

I know quite a lot of people with a pretty strong aversion to Andrew Lloyd-Webber.

Not sure why. :(

Probably because he's ugly & his music is crap.

And he gets lots of fit birds, shags them and dumps them when another piece of totty comes along. Jealousy probably.

Not sure why. :)

Probably because he's ugly & his music is crap.

an excellent summary. ;)