Windsor

Most Memorable Of Dl 2005.

Thinking back on all the good times we had over the year, what has been your favorite and most memorable. Is it Banshees power to predict deaths, Tempus’ early obsessive compulsive posting disorder, or indeed my spelling. Was it the heralding of a new era of moderators, the death of deathlist matriarch the Pope or was it simply talking to some of the lovely DL ranters (including our resident Castro ranter).

Indeed, I will share my most memorable time. It is of course, the run in with our good friend the Royal Forums. Who would have thought that it would have dragged on for as long as it did :angry: . We even got a prominent ‘Super Moderator’ to join our ranks. :lol:

I created A thread titled "Deathlist Memories" which yours Windsor

is A bit different since it only concerns 2005. "A good thread though"

There are many glorious moments but mine would have to be

being present for the long awaited death of Pope John Paul.

This year was another cleanout year for long time deathlist

veterans.

Perhaps though the best memory of 2005 still awaits?

"Of course the best alltime deathlist memory will most likely

be Clive Dunn's demise :angry: "

I have no memories of the year gone by.

Thinking back on all the good times we had over the year, what has been your favorite and most memorable. Is it Banshees power to predict deaths, Tempus’ early obsessive compulsive posting disorder, or indeed my spelling. Was it the heralding of a new era of moderators, the death of deathlist matriarch the Pope or was it simply talking to some of the lovely DL ranters (including our resident Castro ranter).

Indeed, I will share my most memorable time. It is of course, the run in with our good friend the Royal Forums. Who would have thought that it would have dragged on for as long as it did :angry: . We even got a prominent ‘Super Moderator’ to join our ranks.  :lol:

That really is priceless,

calling the Pope a matriarch. Your best mistake to date I'd say. :wheelchair:

The biggest DL moment for 2005 I think was Pope John Paul II finally dying after making us wait on him to die for so long.

Three other DL moments come to mind:

1. The poster known as "Death List Observer" supposedly dying.

2. The skirmish between Windsor and poster known as the "The Authority"

and of course

3. Our run in with the Royal Forums

Was it this year that IYG got banned?
I think you made him up!

:angry:

Indeed, I will share my most memorable time. It is of course, the run in with our good friend the Royal Forums. Who would have thought that it would have dragged on for as long as it did :angry: . We even got a prominent ‘Super Moderator’ to join our ranks.  :wheelchair:

That really is priceless,

calling the Pope a matriarch. Your best mistake to date I'd say. :wheelchair:

I take back Matriarch and propose Patriarch.

Is that any better.... :lol:

I've had lots of pleasure from the endless creativity seen as we heaped abuse upon the person of Richard O' Sullivan and his one fan, who kept posting under different names in the hope of fooling us.

I would say that some of the most hilarious DL moments in 2005 came from the Pete Doherty and Michael Jackson threads.

Especially the time when there was a constant and ongoing assault by irate ranters that resulted the Pete Doherty thread being temporarily locked.

The Michael Jackson thread for me was a close second, with all the hilarious comments concerning the charges against him and his trial.

I've had lots of pleasure from the endless creativity seen as we heaped abuse upon the person of Richard O' Sullivan and his one fan, who kept posting under different names in the hope of fooling us.

There is something special abot about the DOS thread.

I would nominate all the bad feeling that seemed to go on during the high-summer about how much posting should be allowed, what polls are legitimate, how one gets to be a moderator, etc. A good blood-leeting period that has made the forum a better place.

On a personal level I would nominate the personal, unsolicited, personal message I received from Typhoid Harry trying to tell me what and what not to post. Telling him to !^££$ off was one of the most self-affirming and pleasant experiences I have had in this forum. Funny , you don't hear much from him lately.

Surely this year will be remembered in DL folklore as the year Windsor, Banshees Scream and Tempus Fugit joined and changed the nature of the forum forever. Whether for the better or not, I leave for others to say. :P But all three are in the Top Ten posters now, so it would have been kinda quiet without them.

I joined DL this year & it's helped me through many a dull day at work. Thank you to everyone for keeping me entertained.

Lady Die, your cheesy avatar pictures have been a constant source of delight to me this year. A comforting reminder that it isn't only the aged and infirm that should concern us.

Surely this year will be remembered in DL folklore as the year Windsor, Banshees Scream and Tempus Fugit joined and changed the nature of the forum forever. Whether for the better or not, I leave for others to say. :P But all three are in the Top Ten posters now, so it would have been kinda quiet without them.

I 'aint changed nuffin mate,

Nah bleeding way I'd do sumfink lark that.

You got nuffin on me pal.

I'm innocent I tells ya.

I find it interesting how some new members who appeared this year "arse first" (as Amanda might have put it) have settled down into reasonably moderate and in the case of Tempus Fugit, intelligent and articulate contributors.

Big praise to the Admins for having the patience and wisdom not to kick them out right away as I would have done.

I like the Richard O'Sullivan thread too, but it was already funny in 2004.

I find it interesting how some new members who appeared this year "arse first" (as Amanda might have put it) have settled down into reasonably moderate and in the case of Tempus Fugit, intelligent and articulate contributors.

Ah yes, Amanda. What ever happened to her....

Anyway, we cannot all be 'intelligent and articulate contributors'. Us humble non-intellects would not dream of stealing your thunder. :)

;)

Lady Die, your cheesy avatar pictures have been a constant source of delight to me this year. A comforting reminder that it isn't only the aged and infirm that should concern us.

No-one would have dreamt of putting Diana on any deathlist in 1997! Life is full of surprises.

2. The skirmish between Windsor and poster known as the "The Authority"

Ah, yes. And don't forget The Authority's honez thread.

I also particularly enjoyed the Sister Lucia thread in the names forum this year. What a lark that was with Eileen. I wish she'd drop in and give us a drive by rant every once in a while.

Two things I'll look back on fondly.

The last-minute victory in the 2004 DDP.

The howling-mad ex-Page 3 'stunna' and Hills Angel who started threatening several of our esteemed members in a manner reminiscent of a fourth-rate 'Sweeney' villain.

The howling-mad ex-Page 3 'stunna' and Hills Angel who started threatening several of our esteemed members in a manner reminiscent of a fourth-rate 'Sweeney' villain.

Aye, she was murder.

I heard from Amanda not that long ago. She was fine and well, and appears to have got some semblance of a life. Lucky her.

No-one would have dreamt of putting Diana on any deathlist in 1997! Life is full of surprises.

Like your avatar honey. :)

Aye, she was murder.

I heard from Amanda not that long ago. She was fine and well, and appears to have got some semblance of a life. Lucky her.

Here I am - life and all!

Happy Christmas everyone!

A new last minute memorable moment of 2005 would be the forum going down.

First I thought I was banned, then (after contact with others) we reached the conclusion that we had been hacked.

This led to the introduction of the Provisional Deathlist.net until services resumed. :P

Might be worth joining incase we find ourselves in that mess again. There is also a 'chat' feature which I remember some people wanted earlier on in the year.... ;)