Sign in to follow this  
Cup of Tea

Thirteen 13

Numero Trece  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I dont know wether I have done this poll right, or wether we were meant to continue with the other poll.

but what the heck.

If there is another DL graduate before the end of this year, my guesses for #13 would be either Claude Lévi-Strauss or J.K. Galbraith.

My pick for this poll is Claude Lévi-Strauss.

I dont know wether I have done this poll right, or wether we were meant to continue with the other poll.

but what the heck.

You beat me to it cup of tea. I normally take great pleasure in setting up these polls after someone has died. I had a punt on the Yogi.

I refuse to take part in discriminatory polls such as this when a perfectly suitable one has already been in place for quite some time.

I don't think there will be another DL success,

but I voted anyway, for Byron Nelson. Some old golfer.

My vote again goes to Mr Biggs. Sometime, who knows when, he really will kick the bucket.

Don't think anyone else is poised to go this year, but if it has to be someone, my vote'll go to Hoffy.

I bollocksed up my vote!

I wanted to vote for the Professor :rolleyes: , but instead of hitting Vote! I hit the other option and my vote was nullified! And I was so looking forward to a poll where young Claude had more than just one vote against his name. :dead:

I bollocksed up my vote!

I wanted to vote for the Professor  :rolleyes: , but instead of hitting Vote! I hit the other option and my vote was nullified! And I was so looking forward to a poll where young Claude had more than just one vote against his name.  :dead:

You have your wish!

I always find making these decicions very difficult, being a *Libra-type, so you helped me make up my mind.

* And I don't care what Hones has to say about that. :o

I bollocksed up my vote!

I wanted to vote for the Professor  :rolleyes: , but instead of hitting Vote! I hit the other option and my vote was nullified! And I was so looking forward to a poll where young Claude had more than just one vote against his name.  :dead:

You have your wish!

I always find making these decicions very difficult, being a *Libra-type, so you helped me make up my mind.

* And I don't care what Hones has to say about that. :o

I doubt very much that you are a Libra Captain Oatez

I doubt very much that you are a Libra Captain Oatez

Correct.

I'm a Virgoan.

But (as anyone who has studied astrology beyond just looking in the local rag will know) that is only the tip of the iceberg.

I am Pisces .... most nights

I bollocksed up my vote!

I wanted to vote for the Professor  :lol: , but instead of hitting Vote! I hit the other option and my vote was nullified! And I was so looking forward to a poll where young Claude had more than just one vote against his name.  :(

You have your wish!

* And I don't care what Hones has to say about that. :P

Well, being an *Aries-type, I'd like to thank you for allowing me to guide you to the correct choice. :P (<-- the only smiley guy with ram-like horns)

*Bossy and pretty much always right

I voted Astor as per usual.

I voted Astor as per usual.

Ditto Ronnie B

No Brooke Astor for me, this time. Alexander Solzhenitsyn seemed like a good pick! The Russian winter can't do much good to a man of his age...

:P raider+Dec 13 2005, 03:59 AM-->

QUOTE(Tom(:lol: raider @ Dec 13 2005, 03:59 AM)
No Brooke Astor for me, this time. Alexander Solzhenitsyn seemed like a good pick! The Russian winter can't do much good to a man of his age...

I'm not so sure... the man has survived combat in a major war, years and years in the Gulags and emerged with nothing except a trip to the the hospital for high blood pressure.

Speaking of trips to the hospital, I brought this up on his thread, but I'll mention it here since I was posting anyways. CNN is reporting this headline, which is more impressive on their own website:

"Former President Gerald Ford, 93, admitted to hospital in Rancho Mirage, California, for tests, according to his chief of staff."

EDIT: They have a less impressive but fuller story now and a less promising article.

Think it'll be an unlucky #13 for Mr. Ford this year?

Guest iain

I too have gone for Gerald Ford,in light of todays news.I have a feeling we could be in the end game for him.Heavy cold that wont go away could turn out to be pneumonia at any time..the usual cause of death for elderly people.

PS wonder if it could be a Ford/Thatcher double whammy?

I too have gone for Gerald Ford,in light of todays news.I have a feeling we could be in the end game for him.Heavy cold that wont go away could turn out to be pneumonia at any time..the usual cause of death for elderly people.

PS wonder if it could be a Ford/Thatcher double whammy?

They aren't giving it much press here though... watched CNN Headline News and they did like a two second story on it.

Then again, no one here seems to like Ford :)