Sign in to follow this  
Phantom

Ronnie Hazlehurst

Has anyone any idea how old Ronnie is?

The ingenius creator of tv show theme music such as The Two Ronnies, Three Up Two Down, Blankety Blank, Some Mothers Do Ave 'Em, It's a Knockout and various other shows.

The ingenius creator of tv show theme music such as The Two Ronnies, Three Up Two Down, Blankety Blank, Some Mothers Do Ave 'Em, It's a Knockout and various other shows.

The One Ronnie

Guest Toke Deltorso

The One Ronnie

A great and talented man. :D check the site.

The One Ronnie

A great and talented man. :D check the site.

Yes he is. But the ESC arrangement for Bardo's One Step Further in 1982 was rubbish. Should have stuck with the A Song For Europe one Ronnie!

Ronnie Hazlehurst, who wrote so many TV theme tunes has died aged 79.... :skull:

Terrible news. Armitage Shanks is crying into his fourth pint of mild of the morning as we speak.

"he conducted the British Eurovision entry on seven occasions ... as well as the German entry in 1977. In 1977, he famously conducted Lynsey de Paul and Mike Moran's "Rock bottom" with a rolled-up umbrella instead of a baton".

Chap!

Ronnie Hazlehurst, who wrote so many TV theme tunes has died aged 79.... :skull:

Terrible news; Armitage Shanks in crying into his fourth pint of mild of the morning as we speak.

"he conducted the British Eurovision entry on seven occasions ... as well as the German entry in 1977. In 1977, he famously conducted Lynsey de Paul and Mike Moran's "Rock bottom" with a rolled-up umbrella instead of a baton".

Chap!

They wuz robbed! By the last French winner of the Eurovision Song Contest.....

grrrrr I mentioned him a couple of times in the ideas and possibilities threads, but couldn't find much info on his health

grrrrr I mentioned him a couple of times in the ideas and possibilities threads, but couldn't find much info on his health

All this talk of Ronnie's has got me thinking of this...The Two Ninnies!

:P

All this talk of Ronnie's has got me thinking of this...The Two Ninnies!

:P

Guess That Funeral, Mrs

What a genius.

He wrote "Reach" for S Club 7. Is there no beginning to this man's talents?

Guest Castellan

What a genius.

He wrote "Reach" for S Club 7. Is there no beginning to this man's talents?

Errr, no. Not everything you read on Wikipedia is true. That claim has since been removed from the wikiness.

Reach was written by, among others, Cathy "Touch Me" Dennis, who is also responsible for such modern pop ditties as "Can't Get You Out of My Head" and "Toxic" (a song Britney liked so much she decided to treat it as lifestyle advice).

Ronnie Hazlehurst has gone to that great composing kind of place in the sky.

Ronnie

Bit slow doug, the first post was made a full day before yours.

All Ronnie H's posts merged [HCW]

Edited by heaven can wait

Ronnie Hazlehurst, who wrote so many TV theme tunes has died aged 79.... :D

Terrible news; Armitage Shanks in crying into his fourth pint of mild of the morning as we speak.

Chap!

Ronnie in action. I think the best song won.

Ronnie Hazlehurst, who wrote so many TV theme tunes has died aged 79.... :rip:

Chap!

Ronnie in action. I think the best song won.

Hmmm..not bad...Those were the days when France, UK, Germany and that where always placed high in ESC. Not anymore.... :unsure:

I've noticed there are videos of the other entrants to 1977. Maybe Deathlist should have a re-stage of the Contest of 1977 and have a vote.....maybe not! :D

Maybe Deathlist should have a re-stage of the Contest of 1977 and have a vote.....maybe not! :D

My vote goes to God Save the Queen. Hazlehurst in those bondage trousers was quite a sight.

Its funny you should say that harrymac, because I've just bought 'Anarchy in the UK' 7" vinyl today and then I get involved in a debate regarding the relative merits of the French and British entrants for the Eurovision Song Contest of 1977.

What a crazy, mixed-up postmodernist world we live in today, huh? :unsure:

I'm chuffed that Sir Ronald has been given a posthumous thread. Sadly I can't find Spitting Image's South Bank Show spoof for a proper tribute, but here's a little quiz and the music to accompany it.

I can tell you want more, don't you, from erm, "the greatest composer that ever lived"?

Jesus Harry, I remember that spoof!

Sad twat that I am, I actually got all those theme tunes right :D

Joking aside, he was a clever bugger really, so many of his dittys forever etched into our brains.

I'm chuffed that Sir Ronald has been given a posthumous thread. Sadly I can't find Spitting Image's South Bank Show spoof for a proper tribute, but here's a little quiz and the music to accompany it.

I can tell you want more, don't you, from erm, "the greatest composer that ever lived"?

Interesting that the Guardian didn't include the tune to 'To the Manor Born' - it would have confused people, as it is essentially the same tune as Yes Minister....

I have to say 'Some Mothers..' is one of his lesser efforts. But the whole title sequence/music of that programme is a bit of a miss...Compare that to the contemporaneous Doctor Who theme/title from 1973...and they really are from different universes presentation-wise...

Interesting that the Guardian didn't include the tune to 'To the Manor Born' - it would have confused people, as it is essentially the same tune as Yes Minister....

I have to say 'Some Mothers..' is one of his lesser efforts. But the whole title sequence/music of that programme is a bit of a miss...Compare that to the contemporaneous Doctor Who theme/title from 1973...and they really are from different universes presentation-wise...

.......and they are also from different universes content wise.

The "Some mothers" theme was probably spot on for the programme.

.......and they are also from different universes content wise.

The "Some mothers" theme was probably spot on for the programme.

Hmmm..true....

Thinking about it, if I sat down and expectantly watched a sci-fi show for kids and saw a title sequence of a brown paper strip, accompanied by a limp penny whistle, I'd feel short changed...

Just as a adjunct point, I always thought John Barry's peerless tune to The Persuaders! was ill matched to both the programme content and the title sequence. Instead imagine the said sequence with the tune of 'Man about the House', that's more like it!

Ronnie Hazlehurst has gone to that great composing kind of place in the sky.

Ronnie

Bit slow doug, the first post was made a full day before yours.

All Ronnie H's posts merged [HCW]

Odd that. I did a search and there was no post on Ronnie at the time. Hmmmm. Now I see that I posted the message twenty five minutes before I'm writing this. Even stranger. I actually posted it yesterday morning.

An explaination of sorts here.

PS. tmib, I appear to be your Ronnie Hazlehurst thread stalker. :D