Sign in to follow this  
faustus

Jack Palance

Jack Palance has died. Here it is.

Is anyone else surprised by this? I mean he was on the long-list, sure, but he wasn't someone I was expecting to drop anytime soon.

:banghead: Good actor.

Also Jack Palance was the first person I ever picked in a deadpool type competition to die next, some 5 years ago... I haven't got much better since. :banghead:

[Posts moved from "Near Misses" -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein

He was a good actor. What a shame. And he should have been on this years f****n list. But what a good actor. It's really a shame. But i'm guessing he was around 86\87 years old so he has had a long life.

I once had an office goldfish called Jack Palance. One morning we came in to find him dead on the floor. A portent? Well it was 30 years ago. A reminder of our mortality nonetheless.

Is anyone else surprised by this?

I am. He really seemed like the tough-as-nails type, I thought he'd make it to 90 at least... and BS, I don't think we can fault him for not being on the DL list... I don't think he seemed like a likely possibility given the facts at hand.

What a great name though...JACK PALANCE! :banghead:

... I don't think he seemed like a likely possibility given the facts at hand.

In the end... we were dead wrong.

Octopus of Odstock Posted Yesterday, 10:53 PM

QUOTE(Canadian Paul @ Nov 10 2006, 10:30 PM)

Is anyone else surprised by this? I mean he was on the long-list, sure, but he wasn't someone I was expecting to drop anytime soon.

Good actor.

Also Jack Palance was the first person I ever picked in a deadpool type competition to die next, some 5 years ago... I haven't got much better since.

[Posts moved from "Near Misses" -- MH]

Yep, quite suprised. No sign of ill health, but it just shows anyone can just drop dead of anything. He was very low down on my 684 name long list. I had his "game" figures at 47pts and I'm using a 120pt cut off at the moment.

Great charactor actor - don't make them like that anymore. Think we will be watching City Slickers on TV this Christmas time.