Grim Reaper

***deathlist Planned Maintenance***

Thanks guys. That seems to have done the trick

Does the "Ignore User" feature block incoming PMs from the person as well?

EDIT: After an experiment with FF regarding soiled garments, it turns out that no, it does not.

I just noticed that the "add reply" button for a closed thread changes into a nifty little silver "closed" button. Thought I'd do another one of my needless posts to mention how much I enjoyed that.

Man, I'm really paranoid about quality lately... news articles good... news articles good... :o

I notice recently that when you click on the number of replies nothing happens,

it used to give a breakdown of who posted in that thread.

It has stopped working for me now, before it stopped for some reason it listed Millwall32 as WilliamBriggs32???

It's working again but why is Millwall32 shown as williambriggs32 in the Dickie O' thread?

weird.

Edited by Tempus Fugit

What's happened to the Board Statistics, it no longer shows the members or number of guests on the forum.

Only the birthday part is visible.

Bit by bit this forum seems to be falling apart, a few weeks ago another function disappered; the list of users at the bottom of each thread, so you could see who else was looking at that thread.

What's happened to the Board Statistics, it no longer shows the members or number of guests on the forum.

Bit by bit this forum seems to be falling apart, a few weeks ago another function disappered; the list of users at the bottom of each thread, so you could see who else was looking at that thread.

I have only just noticed that it shows whether the poster is on- or off-line on the far-left under each post. Is this new? Quite a useful feature.

I have only just noticed that it shows whether the poster is on- or off-line on the far-left under each post. Is this new? Quite a useful feature.

That feature has always been there, if you log in as anonymous it shows you as offline also.

Given the way things are going though, I expect that function will be disappearing soon as well.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that things are falling apart, but I'd like to have the "who's in the house?" statistics on view again too, please, as well as on the threads if possible. They make it feel a bit more community-like if you see that other, familiar people are online somewhere. It's also nice to see how many guests are viewing.

Cheers,

SC

I wouldn't go so far as to say that things are falling apart, but I'd like to have the "who's in the house?" statistics on view again too, please, as well as on the threads if possible. They make it feel a bit more community-like if you see that other, familiar people are online somewhere. It's also nice to see how many guests are viewing.

I agree.

The lack of being able to see who else is around makes me feel every-so-slightly paranoid. :unsure:

Now you can't see the daily post count list or the Moderators list,

This is getting sillier and sillier.

Really? I still can.

Perhaps GR hasn't paid the monthly dues.

Really? I still can.

Perhaps GR hasn't paid the monthly dues.

I can as well when I log out, so it must only disappear when the board clock goes over into thursday.

If you set your Control panel time to GMT, then I'm betting they'll disappear for you come midnight GMT.

I know this is going to sound very weird, but I feel like we're all at a party in a huge house, and all the lights have gone off so it's pitch black. People are moving around, but you don't know who else is at the party until you chance into the same room as someone else. Quite an unsettled feeling, like you know who might be at the party, but you don't know who you're gonig to encounter next.

I'm not sure that makes any sense... and I haven't even been drinking! But that's what this all reminds me of. I'm in the chatroom, btw, if anyone wants to come in and tell me what's going on...

I have been getting this all day :unsure:

serverbusy5gn.jpg

Sorry people - been a bit tied up and the webhosts have been sending me warnings that the forums are stressing the servers too much - so much so that the forums have to be killed if if isnt sorted shortly - as a result ive been trying to reduce the stress that IPB puts on the servers - Guess the last tweaks overdid it - Ive tweaked them back a bit now and should have the time to sort over the next few days - we also need to do another software upgrade to get right up to date - so thatll have to happen this weekend.

Please bear with me for a few days.... :unsure:

Sorry people - been a bit tied up and the webhosts have been sending me warnings that the forums are stressing the servers too much - so much so that the forums have to be killed if if isnt sorted shortly - as a result ive been trying to reduce the stress that IPB puts on the servers - Guess the last tweaks overdid it - Ive tweaked them back a bit now and should have the time to sort over the next few days - we also need to do another software upgrade to get right up to date - so thatll have to happen this weekend.

Please bear with me for a few days.... :unsure:

Thanks Grim, duly noted.

Lovely to see you about, though I must say that we'd come up with some pretty interesting reasons for your absence and the forum problums.

The site might be offline for a while later today while its moved to a new server. Not sure how long this will last but DNS records need to be changed so it might take a while for the changes to propagate.

Apologies for any inconvenience - all DL selections have been asked not to drop dead during this downtime :lol:

GR

GR, I appreciate you're a busy....erm...reaper and that but Profumo and Weinberger are buried and we're still 'awaiting details' on our 'news' page. I mean even a cursory; 'this boring bastard is no more' would be a start.

As they say in Ireland; Go well!

GR, I appreciate you're a busy....erm...reaper and that but Profumo and Weinberger are buried and we're still 'awaiting details' on our 'news' page. I mean even a cursory; 'this boring bastard is no more' would be a start.

As they say in Ireland; Go well!

But just which of the bastards was the boring one MPFC? :lol: One was involved in a weapons scandal, the other in a sex one. Surely that's of some interest?

The site might be offline for a while later today while its moved to a new server. Not sure how long this will last but DNS records need to be changed so it might take a while for the changes to propagate.

Apologies for any inconvenience - all DL selections have been asked not to drop dead during this downtime ;)

GR

Let's hope this cures the server problems, fingers crossed.

SpeedyServers :lol: , I think not.

I don't know if any of you are having the same problem, but for me the the following has been occurring since yesterday:

• The timezone settings in my personal profile no longer seems to work. This is causing the date and times of posts in the thread to appear to be incorrect.
  • Once you log in to DL and enter the main forum page, the date/time of the last post in each of the forums are incorrect
  • The last post in a thread in the main forum is no longer causing the thread that it was posted in to appear at the top of the forum page, so it is difficult to see the latest topic that a post that had been made.
  • Before, if there was a thread that had a new post added to it that had not been read, it would be highlighted by a bold marker and un-highlighted once the topic had been viewed. Now it is not being un-highlighted after being read.

Same here ff.

Also, it appears to me that Octopus, Rotten Ali, M. Lawrenson, Godot and STTG have all been signed in all night (UK time). This is entirely possible, of course, but extremely unusual.

I signed out last night, and when I returned to the board a few hours later I found that I was still signed in, but anonymously!

Clearly, something needs attention, don't you think?

Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

BTW, I have temporarily pinned this topic

Regards,

ff

I think that something was wrong with the time settings of the forum server. To give an example: this post was posted yesterday evening, but has "Today, 08:59 AM" as timestamp.

If indeed we've all been posting in the future, the bit of software that sets the "read" icons gets confused no end.

It looks that timestamps are OK now, so I expect that during the day things will return to normal.

Edit to add: it looks like all's well now.

regards,

Hein

Edited by Magere Hein