Godot

Assassinations

Why has my assassinations thread (nice and general) been changed to a highly specific John lennon thread? That doesn't make snse when we are trying to keep down the number of threads. Is tis the work of an Oompa Loompa, or a Mod acting in an Omopa Loompa capacity?

Godot CFY

I merged it, then thought it looked silly too, but couldn't be arsed unmerging it.

HCW (CFY?)

I merged it, then thought it looked silly too, but couldn't be arsed unmerging it.

HCW (CFY?)

Comes From Yorkshire :lol:

It just needs a new title - the old one. I can't do these quote thingies either.

Sorted, HCW DCFY

I haven't heard of this form of killing before. Apparently Castro fears "death by underpants".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...24/ixworld.html

Sounds like some "journalistic license" was taken with that article. Even if it's 100% true, which I doubt, it's obviously meant just to make him seem foolish.

Either that, or Castro is far less mentally sound than I've been arguing...

Hi CP, I posted it more for amusement. Perhaps I have a warped sense of humour but I find the idea of killer underpants enough for a brief chortle (geddit?). I would prefer exploding underpants, of course, but I doubt if the CIA have perfected the technology for shredding shreddies. Those fearful of a castrated Castro might find themselves posing this question:

In fact you might ask yourself:

If Castro's shreddies should suddenly shred, shaving his shuttlecocks, should he, shocked and shaken, sheepishly shed his shorts, shamelessly showing all that's shorn and have the shredder shortly shot?

:lol:

Is the new title any better?

Oh, it's fine, just spent quite a long time on that last post.

Why has my assassinations thread (nice and general) been changed to a highly specific John Lennon thread? That doesn't make sense when we are trying to keep down the number of threads. Is this the work of an Oompa Loompa, or a Mod acting in an Oompa Loompa capacity?

Godot CFY

Apparently an Oompa Loompa is unable to access the main forum Mod control.

Only secret places elsewhere.

Just for MPFC. I think Zacarias Mousaoui is unlikely to last in to old age. Someone will bump him off given half a chance.

Perhaps now we should have a Seppuku or Harakiri thread for the likes of Charles Clarke.

Just for MPFC. I think Zacarias Mousaoui is unlikely to last in to old age. Someone will bump him off given half a chance.

I disagree Godot. Check out the place where he's going, scum of the Earth in there that's for sure, but specifically designed for people who try to kill other prisoners or people who are likely to be murdered in prison.

A nice thought though. Mixes a lack of martyrdom with an early demise.

I disagree Godot. Check out the place where he's going, scum of the Earth in there that's for sure, but specifically designed for people who try to kill other prisoners or people who are likely to be murdered in prison.

A nice thought though. Mixes a lack of martyrdom with an early demise.

Looks quite nice. They even have a rockery.

Mark David Chapman, the man who shot John Lennon in 1980 is due for a parole hearing this month. He has been denied parole 4 times prior, and is not expecting to be let out this time. Chapman is obsessed with the book, The Catcher in the Rye, and says he modelled his life around Holden Caulfield, and even re-enacted scenes from the book prior to shooting John Lennon. After killing John, the gun was knocked out of his hand by a security guard. Chapman then sat on the kerb and began reading a portion of 'The Catcher in the Rye' until police arrived and arrested him without incident.

He says the reasons for his acts were that he admired Lennon, until he started to become a 'phony' which angered Chapman. He saw himself as a total nobody, and so decided to steal Lennon's fame by killing him. He fired 5 hollow point rounds, delivering 4 wounds to Lennon. Lennon was pronounced dead roughly 20 minutes after the shooting, and was reported to have lost 80% of his blood.

They'll never let Chapman out, mainly for his own safety. As soon as they did, some extreme Lennon fan would murder him, ironically, in the name of 'peace'.

I say let him finish the job. Only two more to go and we'll have a beatles reunion.

Catcher isn't exactly 'War and Peace' length wise. If he's still obsessed with it he must be pretty bored as his 26 year of captivity rolls around.

Depends, do crazy people experience boredom?

Chapman claims he is now an evangelical christian, and also claims to have vomited up to six demons during his time at Attica prison.

If that isn't crazy then I don't know what is.

Chapman claims he is now an evangelical christian, and also claims to have vomited up to six demons during his time at Attica prison.

Chapman is a F*ckwitt, end of.

Sounds like a review of a Dio track.

Vomiting up six demons. I think he really is insane. He should have been F*****g executed, but there are ways he can suffer and we can laugh. I hope JD Salinger publishes a new version of 'Catcher In The Rye' if I were his lawyer, I would purchase 500 copies and tell him to read every inch of every page. I'd say there is a reward after you read the 144,000 pages. He would do it if I said Jesus will make you a cheif of heaven. little does he know, that he'll burn in hell.

They'll never let Chapman out, mainly for his own safety. As soon as they did, some extreme Lennon fan would murder him, ironically, in the name of 'peace'.

I say let him finish the job. Only two more to go and we'll have a beatles reunion.

Chapman will die in prison. I don't care how many times he has to read Catcher In The Rye. I disagree with your 'Let him finish the job' I mean Paul could use a beating but not death yet. And I can't see Ringo going anywhere. Your an idiot Holy Diver.

Chapman will die in prison. I don't care how many times he has to read Catcher In The Rye. I disagree with your 'Let him finish the job' I mean Paul could use a beating but not death yet. And I can't see Ringo going anywhere. Your an idiot Holy Diver.

Not familiar with jokes round your neck of the woods then?

I don't think Chapman is a bad person, he's just severely disturbed. In all seriousness, I don't think they should allow him back into society, that would be dangerous for both parties, but I think he needs treatment. He is obviously mentally disturbed.

The fact that people want to see him rot, and harbour this much resentment to towards the man is a shame. I am sure Lennon himself would have forgiven him, because he was very mixed up.

Production of a film titled 'Chapter 27' (an allusion to the fact Catcher in the Rye only has 26 chapters) is being made about Chapman, and the days leading up to the shooting. Some parties are against this, as it would give Chapman the fame he cited as one of his motivations for shooting Lennon. Whether people like it or not, Chapman already has that. He's infamous as the man who ended John Lennon's life. I very much want to see this film, because I want to learn more about what drove this man to kill his favourite beatle. (as far as I know, he saw Lennon as a 'phoney' which angered him, especially seeings as Chapman was a nobody, whilst phoney Lennon was a big somebody.)

Anyways, like I said. Two more to go until a Beatles reunion. :banghead:

(I put the smiley in so you can tell I'm joking. Because some people might not get it.)

(P.S. in case people start flaiming me, at NO POINT, have I said I support or even admire Chapman, He is a looney. I am just very interested in the situation, and the effect The Catcher in the Rye has on people:- The Author is now a recluse, Chapman killed Lennon, and John Hinckley Jr (also obsessed with the book) tried to assassinate Ronald Reagan. So don't anybody start flaming me. I think Chapman is a man to be pitied, not hated. He's batshit insane, and his life must be very hard for him. Being angsty and waspish won't change the fact he's already killed Lennon. So can I also ask for a cessation of the "I hate Chapman and he should be executed" posts. Murder is never justified, especially not in the pursuit of justice.)

I still believe that Chapman was a lousy shot and was aiming for Yoko.

I don't think Chapman is a bad person, he's just severely disturbed. In all seriousness, I don't think they should allow him back into society, that would be dangerous for both parties, but I think he needs treatment. He is obviously mentally disturbed.

The fact that people want to see him rot, and harbour this much resentment to towards the man is a shame. I am sure Lennon himself would have forgiven him, because he was very mixed up.

Production of a film titled 'Chapter 27' (an allusion to the fact Catcher in the Rye only has 26 chapters) is being made about Chapman, and the days leading up to the shooting. Some parties are against this, as it would give Chapman the fame he cited as one of his motivations for shooting Lennon. Whether people like it or not, Chapman already has that. He's infamous as the man who ended John Lennon's life. I very much want to see this film, because I want to learn more about what drove this man to kill his favourite beatle. (as far as I know, he saw Lennon as a 'phoney' which angered him, especially seeings as Chapman was a nobody, whilst phoney Lennon was a big somebody.)

I agree that he is mentally disturbed. The book 'Catcher In The Rye' just might explain his feelings to a reasonable extent. I don't believe the goverment had any involvement in Lennon's death, why Chapman did this I don't know. I think at one point he may have thought he was actually John Lennon. It is a mystery that remains unsolved, as this book seems to reach out to those who are disturbed. I believe that if Lennon would have survived in time he would have forgivin him. For all we know the next day Chapman could have regretted his actions. I wasn't serious Holy Diver, your not an idiot. Just a person who wants to see success more then everybody else. In all fairness, around the Deathlist forums that isn't a crime. :banghead:

I still believe that Chapman was a lousy shot and was aiming for Yoko.

He'd have got off with justifiable homicide if he could have scrambled a few witnesses willing to testify he'd spent more than two hours listening to her early solo albums!

I agree that he is mentally disturbed. The book 'Catcher In The Rye' just might explain his feelings to a reasonable extent. I don't believe the goverment had any involvement in Lennon's death, why Chapman did this I don't know. I think at one point he may have thought he was actually John Lennon. It is a mystery that remains unsolved, as this book seems to reach out to those who are disturbed. I believe that if Lennon would have survived in time he would have forgivin him. For all we know the next day Chapman could have regretted his actions. I wasn't serious Holy Diver, your not an idiot. Just a person who wants to see success more then everybody else. In all fairness, around the Deathlist forums that isn't a crime. :D

It isn't an unresolved mystery. Chapman said himself, the reason he shot John Lennon is because he wanted to be famous, and was angry with John for becoming a 'phony'.

Lot's of people who claim to be able to relate strongly with Holden Caulfield have problems with depression. I relate to Holden, but that's because I'm still a teenager, and am still looking for things in the adult world, that I perceive should be there, but aren't. Catcher in the Rye is my all time favourite book right now, because I can relate to so many of the themes in it, the death of innocence, being untrusting of adults, the desire to run away from the world, are all things that most teenagers experience, so it's no real wonder so many people love the book. It's letting go of that teenage phase that some people find difficult, and often ends up causing severe social problems (eg Mark Chapman, and John Hinckley Jr) they see the book as a justification for holding on to that perception of the world, which is inappropriate as they become adults, because they are in effect have to become what they mistrust; adults.

Anyways, back to JD, not many people know about his health, due to his reclusiveness, so I dunno how well educated a DL entry this will turn out to be.

Mark David Chapman, the man who shot John Lennon in 1980 is due for a parole hearing this month.

Couldn't find a better place for this, so I'll list it here: parole denied

Cheers CP, no change there then. Him and Manson - amongst those in whom we're interested - almost certain to die behind bars.

Ronnie Biggs might make freedom before he croaks.

Ismail Haniya, Palestinian PM, escaped this time but might not be so lucky the next time.

Joseph Sarkis thinks that he might be a good bet. You can't argue with that.