Godot

Assassinations

And we all know Bush isn't exactly the most popular of US Presidents.

Acrually his latest numbers are up.

Boris Johnson, now that he's back on the front bench. Probable weapon: stick in bicycle wheel. Possible assassins: anyone from the Kop end

Two new candidates: a silly one and a serious one:

Serious: George Galloway (ripped apart as he leaves the BB house)

Silly: Binyamin Netanyahu (I can never pronounce his name without screwing my nose up)

The man who shot Pope John Paul II will be freed

Well he can't shoot him again can he....

....on second thoughts, perhaps Benidict would have been a good candidate.

The man who shot Pope John Paul II will be freed

Unfortunately, his freedom was fleeting; he's being sent back for another 4-stretch.

Outrageous.

I bet he's glad the bullets missed!!!

We could do with a good assassination (a word Shakespeare invented, by the way) so perhaps the death list could be divided up into Natural Causes/Suicides/Muders.

Could be fun.

We could do with a good assassination (a word Shakespeare invented, by the way)

Are you sure, I thought it was from the same root of Hashish....

The Assassin movement, called the "new propaganda" by its members, was inaugurated by al-Hasan ibn-al-Sabbah (died in 1124), probably a Persian from Tus, who claimed descent from the Himyarite kings of South Arabia

Sorry, I meant Shakespeare was the first person to use the word in its current sense.

It is a great word, though.

I want to be assassinated when I go, as I think people who are tend to be remembered for longer after they go.

As do the assassins.

Sorry, I meant Shakespeare was the first person to use the word in its current sense.

It is a great word, though.

I want to be assassinated when I go, as I think people who are tend to be remembered for longer after they go.

As do the assassins.

You only get assassinated when your famous,the 99.9% of ordinary people get mugged/robbed.

You only get assassinated when your famous,the 99.9% of ordinary people get mugged/robbed.

No, I fancy being struck down by a politically-motivated assassin, and then be granted a state funeral.

Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas stands a good chance of been assassinated by the Israelis. :banghead:

(Just like Yasser Arafat was IMHO)

Ahh John Lennon. Well my stories would shake your world but apparently it's 1.00 AM here in New York and I have to get to bed.

Many artists show a preoccupation with death...goya and poe come to mind, tim burton, Willie the Mall Santa. The strong emotions and whatnot are very condusive to creativity...or something.

And, might I add, with few exceptions (Gerald Ford) everybody is going to die. Everyone has a premonition of their own death.

I haven't heard of this form of killing before. Apparently Castro fears "death by underpants".

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml...24/ixworld.html

Sounds like some "journalistic license" was taken with that article. Even if it's 100% true, which I doubt, it's obviously meant just to make him seem foolish.

Either that, or Castro is far less mentally sound than I've been arguing...

Marc Bolan once said he didn't think he'd live to see his son's second birthday. Bolan described himself in the song 'Dandy in the Underworld' as a 'gypsy explorer'. The site of the rock star's death is between Rocks Lane and Gypsy Lane, he died days before his own 30th birthday and days before his son's second birthday. When he died a copy of that week's NME was open on the back seat of his mini car. It was open on a page featuring an interview with Pete Townsend of The Who, the headline on the page read - 'Hope I Die Before I Get Old.'

Spooky or co-incidence?

Why has my assassinations thread (nice and general) been changed to a highly specific John Lennon thread? That doesn't make sense when we are trying to keep down the number of threads. Is this the work of an Oompa Loompa, or a Mod acting in an Oompa Loompa capacity?

Godot CFY