Give him a hand everybody, 'He thinks if women are pregnant they stay that way!' Cardinal Keith O'Brian!

An indefinite gestation period! Or would he allow them to give birth too?

Would it be wrong to suggest this Cardinal looked into retroactive abortion whilst he's at it... maybe we could arrange a meeting between himself and Kevorkian?

Well I think I'm with the Cardinal. What right have we to take a life in the womb? Shouldn't an unborn child have rights?

Yes - it has the right to remain silent until the doctors come.

If you ban abortion, there will be an increase in unwanted children. Surely that can't be a good thing.

Well I was unwanted and I think I've turned out to be a good thing or at least that's what my mum said. I think it should stay for rape cases and I don't count the morning after or first week or two, but I do think a foetus has rights. The woman is the host, the carrier and, finally, the mother. But a life is a life, distinct from that of its parents.

Well I think I'm with the Cardinal. What right have we to take a life in the womb? Shouldn't an unborn child have rights?

Yes - it has the right to remain silent until the doctors come.

If you ban abortion, there will be an increase in unwanted children. Surely that can't be a good thing.

Well I was unwanted and I think I've turned out to be a good thing or at least that's what my mum said. I think it should stay for rape cases and I don't count the morning after or first week or two, but I do think a foetus has rights. The woman is the host, the carrier and, finally, the mother. But a life is a life, distinct from that of its parents.

There's a big difference between unexpected and unwanted. I think there are enough disadvantages in the world without adding "mistake" to the list. I agree that there is a stage in pregnancy where a collection of cells becomes a person with rights but until that point abortion should be allowed. I would certainly want the option.

Can you tell I'm not a parent..

There's a big difference between unexpected and unwanted.

I think I was both. Until she saw my bonny looks. She never approved of the cigar though.

When you buy things on ebay, and leave feedback, you get this message:

Congratulations, you've left Feedback for 1 transaction.

How annoying is that? Makes it sound like it should be a challenge for the average ebay user. I think it's an insult to the masses of ebay users.

Bastards.

When you buy things on ebay, and leave feedback, you get this message:

Congratulations, you've left Feedback for 1 transaction.

How annoying is that? Makes it sound like it should be a challenge for the average ebay user. I think it's an insult to the masses of ebay users.

Bastards.

On the subject of ebay - people giving negative feedback in response to the negative feedback you gave them, then using bullyboy tactics to mutually withdraw as one negative to you makes a large impression compared a few blips on a power sellers record. (Assuming they fully deserved the negative response you gave them that is!)

Indeed, the whole feedback system is annoying.

I only buy on ebay, I don't sell. As a buyer, my transactions are complete before those of the seller (I pay before the item is sent). Even though my transaction finished two or so days before theirs, most of the time I'm the first to give feedback.

They should be leaving feedback first.

Indeed, the whole feedback system is annoying.

I only buy on ebay, I don't sell. As a buyer, my transactions are complete before those of the seller (I pay before the item is sent). Even though my transaction finished two or so days before theirs, most of the time I'm the first to give feedback.

They should be leaving feedback first.

Here here! In fact I've had a running dispute with those in charge of ebay (feedback department). They are about as necessary as a heatwave in the sahara. Their responses made for entertaining reading. You could tell they were reading from the sheet. Not the sharpest tools and all that.

Guest Try, Athlete!
Not the sharpest tools and all that.

I'd put those who cheat at sports with performance-enhancing drugs into Room 101.

Not the sharpest tools and all that.

I'd put those who cheat at sports with performance-enhancing drugs into Room 101.

I know what the onion is now, I can't fall for the same joke twice...can I?

People who think "good" is an adverb.

That would be most Americans and most players of Association Football.

sounds good NAP

Bullshit. I don't think good is an adverb? You know what I don't get, British people using the slang Tea for dinner.

So unnecessary. That's like me calling dinner coffee.

For some of us dinner is coffee.

I used to like a nice mug of coffee with my tea.

Anyway, in the old days school dinner was always served at lunchtime, so we weren't going to have our dinner again at teatime just to please Banshees Scream, were we?

So you've been homeless. I feel so bad. Give me your address, I'll mail you a check so you can buy a tooth brush and more coffee and even a full loaf of bread! Your day has come!

I used to like a nice mug of coffee with my tea.

Anyway, in the old days school dinner was always served at lunchtime, so we weren't going to have our dinner again at teatime just to please Banshees Scream, were we?

Or even dinnertime served up by the dinner ladies. Though I would hate to cause anymore confusion.

Francophones have the same problem. In France it is usually called déjeuner for lunch and dîner for tea but in Belgium it is dîner then souper.

Or even dinnertime served up by the dinner ladies. Though I would hate to cause anymore confusion.

Speaking of dinner ladies, Monoclinic do you have a husband? Some people can't figure out your gender but I think your a guy.

Speaking of dinner ladies, Monoclinic do you have a husband? Some people can't figure out your gender but I think your a guy.

I can't see how it really matters either way if we know who is what. With t'internet being this completely anonymous domain 67% * of the people are probably not who they make out to be but I am afraid you are yet again wrong, I am female.

* According to the 78% of all statistics are calculated on the spot principle.

There are three meals in a day: breakfast, dinner and tea. I tried to be posh once and ask friends over for supper which they thought meant cheese and biscuits. Never again.

By the way, I'm sick of huge tasteless American helpings. All American food should go in to 101. There's f**k all to do in New York. That should go in to 101 too. Also lost of boring people I've never heard of keep dying. I'm coming home, hopefully to some decent deaths.

By the way, I'm sick of huge tasteless American helpings. All American food should go in to 101. There's f**k all to do in New York. That should go in to 101 too. Also lost of boring people I've never heard of keep dying. I'm coming home, hopefully to some decent deaths.

What are you being fed Godot, Macdonald's? Taco Bell? No wonder your all disappointed. New York is a great place and there is a lot to do, so I advise you - If for some reason you don't like New York, get on your little Godot row boat, and sail back to your mother country. (By the way who died? ' Nobody told me.

What are you being fed Godot, Macdonald's? Taco Bell? No wonder your all disappointed. New York is a great place and there is a lot to do, so I advise you - If for some reason you don't like New York, get on your little Godot row boat, and sail back to your mother country. (By the way who died? ' Nobody told me.

Some senator. I wouldn't go near any of that filth. I was thinking more of the Deli filth and huge portions that creates the need for wide pavements (sidewalks) just to get past people. Also there's too many people speaking with American accents. I've had a bad day.

Some senator. I wouldn't go near any of that filth. I was thinking more of the Deli filth and huge portions that creates the need for wide pavements (sidewalks)

It's a big world. (Good one Godot) :crossbone:

Some senator. I wouldn't go near any of that filth. I was thinking more of the Deli filth and huge portions that creates the need for wide pavements (sidewalks) just to get past people. Also there's too many people speaking with American accents. I've had a bad day.

Godot, there's a link here to a restaurant which is possibly best avoided in spite of being in one of the more respectable bits of town.

The new Big Brother race row.

It's pathetic.

I feel some discretion should have been used given the context in which the word was used.

Yes, it is a horrible word which can be offensive.

The problem with that particular word is that the usage of it can be confusing.

For example, you would not use it when chatting to Nelson Mandela or Trevor McDonald.

Today's youth culture has put a new spin on the word. Indeed, it is often used as a trendy phrase in certain company (with no offensive intent). Had it been another black person who directed that comment, nothing would have been made of it. In my opinion the word should not be off limits to white people if no racial discrimination is meant.

Quite frankly, I think that the bitch it was directed towards has made an arse of the black community. She is not and was not offended. She played it up hopong to become the next Shilpa Shetty.

I don't watch Big Brother. Honest...

I don't think "N-word" is offensive at all, unless it is specifically intended in an offensive or demeaning way (which is usually very clear if that is the case).

I'd be careful whom I used it in front of, in fact I don't use it much at all, but mainly due to the danger of knee-jerk accusations of racism which is very much greater than the danger of actually insulting a black person, many of whom use the word themselves liberally, or at least have a slightly better developed sense of humour than your average political-correctness hypocrite.

I don't watch Big Brother either; I would sooner eat nails. I saw the story on the BBC website, and thought: "Dear God, aren't these people idiotic?"

And they are.