Sign in to follow this  
Octopus of Odstock

Ideas & Possibilities - The Names

Not that I trust Wikipedia for shite, but somewhere someone mentioned that actress Suzanne Pleshette had lung cancer, a claim which is backed up by many a reputible news source.

According to the 'pedia, there was an article in The Globe claiming that Pleshette's cancer had spread and her husband Tom Poston (who happens to be an actor I enjoy) is also suffering from cancer: Wiki.

The change was made by a credible Wiki user, so it may not be total bullshite, but if anyone has access to the Globe, perhaps they can verify it, since a GNS didn't turn up anything for me. Wouldn't have posted it unless I thought it was worth looking into perhaps, and because I enjoy Poston's performances.

Plus it doesn't hurt to bump this thread up a bit to make life a bit easier for poor OoO, who's constantly updating this excellent list.

The answer is in another thread, CP.

There's no need for 700-800 names, whatever it was, so I decided to have 250 names to choose from, which is enough for DL, DDP, CPDP, WDP & RDP.

Some I deleted as they simply won't get an obit for DL, DDP, CPDP, and some weren't featured on RDP.

Some are not going to die in the next 15 months, end of story.

What's left are those that have a good chance of dying, the very old, and those that fit DL requirements, as well as a few "odds & ends" - there's enough choice for everybody there AND still room for people to have their "surprise" candidates.

These 250 are VERY broad, not MY suggestions, and even if I am sceptical about their illness (Stand up Mrs. Tomlinson), I have added them in. Most of the "Big Uns" (ie Ford, Pinter, Biggs) are in there, lets put it like that.

Couldn't really see anywhere else to put this:

Pleshette & Poston health update:

Suzanne Pleshette may have lost all her hair — but she hasn’t lost her sense of humor. I received this card from her: "Suzanne Pleshette & Tom Poston Medical Update: Bad news: I lost all of my hair. — Good News: I’m saving a fortune on Bikini Waxes I look like sh*t — Tom has lost all peripheral vision so he doesn’t know. Tom has a catheter in his dickie — At his age we’re just glad he has a lump in his pants. We have round the clock nurses, a walker and a wheel chair — WE’RE MADLY IN LOVE AND WE FEEL LUCKY. AIN’T LIFE GRAND!!!!!!"

I phoned Suzanne. She sounded — like Suzanne — loud, laughing and full of life. "We’re doing so well –" she started. "It’s all going according to plan. I’ve finished the chemo and I’ll have the surgery in a week." She indicated the prognosis for the surgery was excellent. "And," she added, "I hope your cold is better."

Guest Guest
S

R. Sargent Shriver - politician, b. 1915. Member of the Kennedy family by marriage, amongst other notable things. Has suffered from Alzheimers for some while.

Despite his Alzheimers Sargent Shriver is a very healthy and active man who still makes some public appearances. He is perhaps the only sane member of that conceited Kennedy family. Just like his indomitable mother-in-law, he could make it to 100 at least. I hope Sarge will at least outlive the fat drunken idiot Teddy. Mary Jo will be waiting to confront him.

Think we can scratch cancer suffering Terry Jones from next year's race, he says he'feels great' and is enjoying a pint nine days after bowel cancer surgery.

Think we can scratch cancer suffering Terry Jones from next year's race, he says he'feels great' and is enjoying a pint nine days after bowel cancer surgery.

Thanks MPFC.

Ah good, glad to see he's recovered well, he's someone I've got a lot of time for.

I'll have a look & see if there's anyone else worth culling off the list. Then sometime next month, I'll bring it back to the top in case anybody needs some general ideas/possibilities for 2007.

I had a dream last night that Phyllis Diller died. Not a very reliable source I realise, but I also did once have a dream that someone was stabbed outside Woolworths, and the next day lo and behold it happened.

Sadly though, the dream I had that I was going out with The Fonz did not come true.

Just bringing this thread back one last time before it dies its natural death at the end of the year, so people can remind themselves of the best candidates for 2007.

Word of warning, I last updated new entries about two weeks ago as work committments have increased recently, so people like Balasingham aren't on the list.

Just bringing this thread back one last time before it dies its natural death at the end of the year, so people can remind themselves of the best candidates for 2007.

Word of warning, I last updated new entries about two weeks ago as work committments have increased recently, so people like Balasingham aren't on the list.

I pretty much have most of my 2007 DDP, HDP and PoolOfDeath lists complete. For the DDP, I am trying to decide my last 2 selections out of 4 people.

Lots of pondering to do. Sigh ...

I pretty much have most of my 2007 DDP, HDP and PoolOfDeath lists complete. For the DDP, I am trying to decide my last 2 selections out of 4 people.

Lots of pondering to do. Sigh ...

I'm sure your list will be as good as the one for 06...

I'm down to 30 possibles/probables for DDP (I'm only doing that and the DL 'shadow' list).

Had a bit of a scare with the new rules, but it makes for a more interesting list.

Deathlist.net could have problems if 06 list is anything to go by - they're all ancient! :lol:

Finally done with finals, so now I have a chance to go over everything in detail, to remove some candidates that have stuck around there for a while that I haven't bothered updating. I was thinking of making a new thread where we could do our final discussions for the year, but I think this one will do just fine. :lol:

Before this thread disappears into (out of ? ) the bowels of 2006, here is another name; this one for a New Forum for 2007 (or sooner): "Boring Egotistical Crap". It would be populated by Rebecca de Winter and anyone else who cares to apply for entry, but blissfully unavailable to others. The DO'S (and other appropriate) threads could then be safely parked until required.

Reviving this thread for possibly one last time, are we going to keep this around for 2008? 2009? etc. If so, we should update it (Barbera, Bernhard, Drake, Ford, Hussein, Pinochet)...

Should be a 'sticky' for next year I think... :pop:

Reviving this thread for possibly one last time, are we going to keep this around for 2008? 2009? etc. If so, we should update it (Barbera, Bernhard, Drake, Ford, Hussein, Pinochet)...

No. Or at least, not from my end.

Few people seem interested enough & I've got too many committments now, compared to when I compiled the list.

In any case, not only will it be easy enough to discard who is dead, but illnesses come & go. Farrah Fawcett is no longer such a good choice for example.

But if someone else wants to copy & paste what is there, amend it & keep it running for future years, then I would welcome that and actively encourage them.

A problem I have is with the other Ideas and Possibilities thread.

There's too much stuff about the latest health scares of somebody or other, rather than proper suggestions.

Maybe there should be a 'Latest News' thread for 2007, with the I&P thread being used just for suggestons, idle speculation and over-confident prediction..

Just a thought... :pop:

[/b]

Kurt Vonnegut - novellist, b. 1921. In failing health, since a fire at his home in 2000. Has attempted suicide twice, and has mental problems, nearly blind, a heavy drinker & smoker..... BUT still very active indeed.

If only they had listened to you.....so far Frankie Laine and Kurt Vonnegut....(and probably others if I sift though all the names)....this list is doing better than the ones they did choose. Oh, the shame and degradational impact of it all.