Rotten Ali

2007 Deathlist picks

Quick note to ask when the admin guys plan to activate the full 50 '07 names.

As I remember the '06 list was not fully available till about noon UK time and from hour to hour names moved up and down on it!

ASAP Admin guys please. :)

As I remember the '06 list was not fully available till about noon UK time and from hour to hour names moved up and down on it!

Take a chill pill you gloating, smug, smelly, annoying man.

It will be up when it is up.

(That may well be my last insult of 2006)

Take a chill pill you gloating, smug, smelly, annoying man.

It will be up when it is up.

(That may well be my last insult of 2006)

How dare you insult my Emporio Armani aftershave!

Hats off to the Admin Staff the list is up and looks interesting.

By the way, your shaddow list can't compete with DL due to the fact that you are not going by the widely known, unwritten DL rules.

Just to comment, on this list we have a 109 year old woman! Several cancer struck canidates like Roddy Piper who I didn't even know about and Tim Johnson who may be pronounced dead momentarilly? And of course Fidel Castro is number 1. Now what to think of this?

To be fair, some good names there.

But you have to ask all in that is holy WHY:

Tim Johnson

Eli Wallach

Olivia De Havilland

Herbert Lom

Abe Vigoda

have been picked despite so, so many better candidates ripe for picking. :)

But I guess it doesn't need all 50 to die....

I'm just glad Clive Dunn makes it onto the 20th Anniversary list - wouldn't feel the same without him :)

Very impressed with the 2007 list - and nice to see a place for old Clive Dunn - one of these days he might just be a success for us....

John Damjemjuk !!! Who da f*ck is he?

Where the hell is Maurice Papon?

Rowdy Roddy Piper is a wrastler (sic) Never heard of him.

A largely uninspiring, unimaginative selection.

I agree. This list appears to be have been chosen on age and on previous selection rather than on illness/actual likelihood of carking it.

It remains to be seen, but I'll wager that my DDP 20 will not be far off the number of hits that this half-century of healthy sods achieves. :)

By the way, your shaddow list can't compete with DL due to the fact that you are not going by the widely known, unwritten DL rules.

The only unwritten rule I know of and flout is that the list must contain the name Clive Dunn. You tell me of any others you know I infringe.

I feel that the inclusion of Hofmann, Wallach LaMotta, Lynn & Moore would have been bettered with Heston, Ali, Wyman Taylor & Thatcher. Least that was a calculated conclusion of hundreds of votes during the 2006 season and year end polls to assist the drawing up of this years list.

Only time will tell.

Last year I predicted I would get about 15.25 hits from my shadow list and did get in fact 15 hits and at the same time said Al Lewis may lose the other Leg!

Heaven knows at this stage if my list is better or worst than the official DL one but if the top 20 will be a straight lift to the DDP entry then I'll put it to you all that Football Fan (even without the FF team) and quite a few others will finish ahead of the Deathlist.net team and that's not a good reflection on the massed ranks who post here.

As a quick cross check to my listings I would rank the above ten names as follows

Jane Wyman 14th on my list, Liz 17th, Heston 21st & Maggie 35th. All before Hofmann in 55th place then Ali in 85th. Patrick would be 109th on my list with Eli, Jake & Vera no way near half way to a ranked place.

Like I say only time will tell.

Where the hell is Maurice Papon?

He made the number 9 slot in my DDP. But more like where the hell is Meinhardt Rabbe?

I think that overall, a good job was done by the DL selection committee for the 2007 list, so kudos to them.

As some of the other members had previously expressed, there are a couple of notable exceptions that I felt could have been included:

Maurice Papon

Luciano Pavarotti

Lee Hazlewood

Zsa Zsa Gabor

Estelle Getty

But then again, you can't please everyone.

There are some excellent selections though, so I am expecting another good year.

Regards,

ff

I also have major doubts that Piper will get the necessary obituary in the unlikely event of him dying in 2007.

But that's the DL committee's decision & I guess it's up to us to support them again.

Guest Guest
looking at the DL for 2007, I'm a little disapointed, I'm sure we could have chosen a couple of better candidates..hopefully I'm proven wrong!

I absolutely agree. Some unknown people (Ruby Muhammed) are on the list, but a woman like Miep Gies is not. Tim Johnson is also questionable. :)

Guest Chewie
Tim Johnson is also questionable. :)

Well Tim has his own Wiki page, here

So that's good enough for me. :P

Chewie

I have no doubt this list will ensure a record year. But it lacks the style of other years, panders a bit too much to the actuaries and far too many centenarians. Comendably free of Iraqi playing cards though. Pavarotti should have been there. Still the Rotten Alis and the Odstocks can hardly complain at this one.

I have no doubt this list will ensure a record year. But it lacks the style of other years, panders a bit too much to the actuaries and far too many centenarians. Comendably free of Iraqi playing cards though. Pavarotti should have been there. Still the Rotten Alis and the Odstocks can hardly complain at this one.

Average age for 2007 = 88.5 which is a year older than 2006's average. Unsurprising given that 25 of the 37 survivors from 2006 have made it to the 2007 DL a year older and, hopefully, a little more frail.

Guest Guest
Tim Johnson is also questionable. :)

Well Tim has his own Wiki page, here

So that's good enough for me. :P

Chewie

as does Ruby

Stop your whining Chemical Ali....If you think you can do so much better then get into your time machine and slap together the 2030 list....or just slap me.

general list seems reasonable, although Piper i think was a strange choice. cant see him dying this year. as to his celebrity, i cant see the problem. i cant stand wrestling but Rowdy Roddy Piper is one of the most famous wrestlers of his generation.

Comments on the new list have been noted.

With the benefit of hindsight, Ruby Muhammad is a bit of a marginal selection (strongly proposed by Cowboy Ronnie I might add) but I think the UK obituary will be forthcoming.

As for the average age, this is a tough one - but the rationale has always been to get the most deaths because on balance its probably more entertaining getting in excess of 10 death rather than say 5 really great successes - a case of quantity rather than quality I suppose.

As for repeats of selections for previous years, it becomes tough to leave some of these people off. I am not sure I can envisage omitting Clive Dunn these days - even though he was my nap selection in 1987 :)

GR