Sign in to follow this  
Drive-by Flatterer

Robert Anton Wilson

I've read most of his books. Cosmic Trigger, Quantum Psychology & The Thing That Ate the Constitution are, I think, good books even for those not interested in ‘Counter Culture’.

There was a film 'Maybe Logic' about his work out in 2003 that is worth watching.

Not bad although the acid trip stylee dates 'em these days. Not a patch on Influx by J C Hall.

Do you mean Influx by J C Jones? An excellent read, well worth the price :ghost:

Fun RAW fact from NNDB:

He had decreed in his will that upon his death his body be cremated and the ashes thrown in Jerry Falwell's face. The executor of his will was to then shout one word only: "Gotcha!"

Fun RAW fact from NNDB:

He had decreed in his will that upon his death his body be cremated and the ashes thrown in Jerry Falwell's face. The executor of his will was to then shout one word only: "Gotcha!"

I believe Dave Thompson would also want his ashes thrown in Jerry Falwell's face if he were to die first

Fun RAW fact from NNDB:

This topic turns out funnier than I expected. :ghost:

regards,

Hein

I found this off the site 10 Zen Monkeys

Robert Anton Wilson enjoyed his first death so much; he decided to try it again. As Wilson himself wrote in his 1995 book, Cosmic Trigger III: My Life After Death:

According to reliable sources, I died on February 22, 1994 — George Washington’s birthday. I felt nothing special or shocking at the time, and believed that I still sat at my word processor working on a novel called Bride of Illuminatus. At lunch-time, however, when I checked my voice mail, I found that Tim Leary and a dozen other friends had already called to ask to speak to me, or — if they still believed in Reliable Sources — to offer support and condolences to my grieving family. I quickly gathered that news of my tragic end had appeared on the Internet in the form of an obituary from the Los Angeles Times: “Noted science-fiction author Robert Anton Wilson was found dead in his home yesterday, apparently the victim of a heart attack. Mr. Wilson, 63, was discovered by his wife, Arlen.

“Mr. Wilson was the author of numerous books… He was noted for his libertarian viewpoints, love of technology and off the wall humor. Mr. Wilson is survived by his wife and two children.”