Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that i had baked the lad a cake and sent it to Brinsworth. But, alas, there has been no response. Its a shame because it took so long to bake it and I'll never find that recipe again.

Dickie O and 'major' parts are not exactly synonymous.

I've had women say that about me.

Heart breaking. I would have said bite me. Lick the floors I walk on.

Nobody should put you down like that.

so mr pooka, are you suggesting that dickie should relaunch his career with a cover of macarthur park? he could make a video singing it to a framed photo of tessa wyatt, with tony blackburn luriking in the bushes with an axe... or weas that just soemthing i dreamed after watching ukgold, coming in from the pub last night?

Your diseased imagination shows clear potential Pulphack, all three careers mentioned could do with a boost.

Dickie O and 'major' parts are not exactly synonymous.

I've had women say that about me.

Heart breaking. I would have said bite me. Lick the floors I walk on.

Nobody should put you down like that.

Unless you've paid them to do so.

I understand that this happens, most notably of course in the world of politics, but I would rather spend my hard earned on Guinness.

Besides, Mrs BHB puts me down for free. :P

so mr pooka, are you suggesting that dickie should relaunch his career with a cover of macarthur park? he could make a video singing it to a framed photo of tessa wyatt, with tony blackburn luriking in the bushes with an axe... or weas that just soemthing i dreamed after watching ukgold, coming in from the pub last night?

The song was already pretty weird. The video would really set it off. Get in touch with the respective agents, Pulphack. I'd do it myself, but an unfortunate misunderstanding has meant that I am no longer allowed to contact La Wyatt (or go within 10 miles of her).

the film song is a nice piece of kitsch, but the lyrics seem to only vaguely fit. did, i wonder, hack composers of the sixties and seventies have a drawer full of toons that they could pull out and vaguely readjust to fit a quick commission?

pity you've got that -er - problem with judges and ms wyatt, pooka, as i had you in mind to direct the video: lots of lingering, soft focus lens work on the dear girl. i wonder - did dickie ever sing? i've never seen anything to suggest this, or stumbled across a junk shop gem of dubious origin, but it seemed to be a common phenomenon - mr waterman, the god-like richard h, and ray brooks spring immediately to mind. i can see dickie as a kind of light ent scott walker, given his reclusiveness in latter years. bet he'd do brel...

the film song is a nice piece of kitsch, but the lyrics seem to only vaguely fit. did, i wonder, hack composers of the sixties and seventies have a drawer full of toons that they could pull out and vaguely readjust to fit a quick commission?

pity you've got that -er - problem with judges and ms wyatt, pooka, as i had you in mind to direct the video: lots of lingering, soft focus lens work on the dear girl. i wonder - did dickie ever sing? i've never seen anything to suggest this, or stumbled across a junk shop gem of dubious origin, but it seemed to be a common phenomenon - mr waterman, the god-like richard h, and ray brooks spring immediately to mind. i can see dickie as a kind of light ent scott walker, given his reclusiveness in latter years. bet he'd do brel...

Another surprising singer was Peter Wyngarde (aka Jason King. Is that The Pooka's picture?) who made a very unusual album When Sex Leers Its Inquisitive Head with all kinds of off-beat tracks including one called "rape". I understand he was once up before the beak for committing an act of gross indecency with a bus driver. Wonder what he's up to now. He's 73.

I'll confess to owning that Peter Wyngarde album on CD, it's too bizarre to be easily explained here. 'Sinister kitsch,' is getting close although that 'Rape' track is one of the strangest things I've ever heard.

Didn't Peter Wyngarde leg it to Australia or somewhere like that? Or maybe he's in Brinsworth House. Incidentally, I think he's older than 73, more like 80, he was one of those who's birthdate was - erm - inconsistent.

I thought it was France he'd moved to. I'm considering choosing Peter for my 2007 list. Not sure why though

It'd be an ambitious choice if you did. Yeah, he may be in France. I just remember he appeared to have moved beyond the easy reach of those 'where are they now? features in the press.

Can't think why he'd want to do that, maybe the bus drivers are a bit more discreet in his new home.

It'd be an ambitious choice if you did. Yeah, he may be in France. I just remember he appeared to have moved beyond the easy reach of those 'where are they now? features in the press.

Can't think why he'd want to do that, maybe the bus drivers are a bit more discreet in his new home.

It was one my earlier incarnations: possibly my favourite. Here it is again.

Peter's career was, alas, cut short by some over-enthusiastic onanism in a bus station in Leicester, I believe. I visited his web-site a year or so back but the link is now defunct. All I can recall is that he was born in France, issued an album that is a hoot and is now in Australia.

Link to the said hoot. A favourite at MPFC Towers.

Sorry, forgot Amazon links end up at the help desk. Click on music, go to Peter Wyngarde and it's a snip at £7-99.

i'd forgotten the jason king album! a record dealer chum had the (very expensive) original pass through his hands about fifteen years ago, and played it to me. i had no idea it had been re-issued! most of it is very odd, as i recall, and shows an 'interesting' sense of humour. trainspotters may care to check out the original version of 'neville thumbcatch' by the attack, available on any attack cd you care to mention (they're all combinatioons of the same acetates and singles). i can't blame our cyril for moving out of range of the media considering how he was treated at the time - i hope he's happy bus-spotting in deauville (or wherever). he'd HAVE to go somewhere out of dornford yates...

Sad to say that if you Google the name Richard O'Sullivan now, this link is not at the top of the search.

Is there anything we can do to fix this?

Sad to say that if you Google the name Richard O'Sullivan now, this link is not at the top of the search.

If I understand the workings of Google, from what I can recall, it would require several visits to that website at which time it would begin moving up the ladder of Google hits. It may also involve the actuation of approaching said website via the Google website itself. If this matter is approached correctly, then your link should successfully move back to the top of the listings.

millwall - do you really want to put this back to the top of google - a plan to annoy some of the people on the forum, perchance?

I will steadfastly offer any support that might be needed for this worthy cause, Millwall. :)

millwall - do you really want to put this back to the top of google - a plan to annoy some of the people on the forum, perchance?

Why would the fact of having this thread at the top of the Google search be annoying to users of this forum?

Are there many users of deathlist, deeply concerned for R O'S' health, who will be annoyed to found him at the top of the search?

What are you talking about?

This thread epitomises the piss poor turn of DL banter. For those that haven't read my post in the other thread this was the reason for my sabbatical and probably why Tempus Fugit is MIA.

Poor show DL regulars... :)thumbsdown4ob.gif

hoswte6mr.jpg

HOS man, I take yer point but we can all pick and choose around here, that's part of the beauty of DL for me. Some of us do Dead chat, some of us don't, some of us swap jokes, some of us look in only on people about to die.

Some of drop into the common room, I mean, Dickie O thread.

Can someone please summarise for me why this thread has reached 80+ pages.

Luck?

millwall - what i was talking about was epitomised by the post that followed... some of us like this thread (which may or may not be our problem) but if you read back through the acres of pages, you'll find there are a hell of a lot of people who would like to see this slip off googles dickie o results, thus aiding its slow slip into oblivion. jeez, talk about touchy...