Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

'People are people so why should it be

That you and I get along so aw-ful-eeeee'

To think that people now take Depeche Mode seriously!

Brinsworth - were you entirley sober when you wrote that doggerel?

No. Pissed as a handcart.

;)

No. Pissed as a handcart.

;)

Good. It was an inspiring ad lib.

Isn't there any "new" news regarding RO'S? :( (although I suppose no news is good news)

Isn't there any "new" news regarding RO'S? :( (although I suppose no news is good news)

Dickie O' is doing just fine, see the Brinsworth House thread for a recent picture of him.

Gee! thanks! I didn't expect an answer this quick! (and with a picture!) :(

Brandy,

There are also some updates regarding our hero's movements here:

Where You Can Stalk Dicky

From the link I learned that there are a couple a pubs in Covent Garden that he frequents from time to time and he also apparently cut some demo discs in the sixties.

Wow, bet they'd fetch a fortune on e-bay and no mistake.

Brandy,

and from this link I quote:

Recently I heard that Charlie Drake has also been admitted into Brisnworth House. He has had a stroke and gone blind. Wonder if he ever bumps in to Richard.

submitted by D. Head

A pseudonym by any chance?

Brandy,

Recently I heard that Charlie Drake has also been admitted into Brisnworth House. He has had a stroke and gone blind. Wonder if he ever bumps in to Richard.

submitted by D. Head

Are you and Twelvetrees identical (and stylish) twins, or is that a pseudonym of yours? :(

Why didn't I know about that site before?

This one is particularly good:

Its good to see so much interest out there for Richard. My friends and I would be delighted to see him back at work. I wonder if, by any chance, he and Tessa Wyatt may work together once more.

submitted by P.O'Oka

Brandy,

submitted by D. Head

Are you and Twelvetrees identical (and stylish) twins, or is that a pseudonym of yours? :(

No. I saw that twelvetrees had adopted the avatar that I have, from time to time, made my own over the last couple of years. He also appears to share an interest in Peter Hammill, whom I once saw live, and assorted literary and musical figures who have hit the spot with The Pooka. Clearly a fine young man.

A close analysis of our literary styles will demonstrate that we are not the same person. Twelvetrees is an aficionado of the paranomasia and is attracted to gerunds. Call me old-fashioned but I am a synecdoche man (with a hankering for neo-Conradian excess).

Why didn't I know about that site before?

This one is particularly good:

Its good to see so much interest out there for Richard. My friends and I would be delighted to see him back at work. I wonder if, by any chance, he and Tessa Wyatt may work together once more.

submitted by P.O'Oka

The contribution of Mr P O'Oka is clearly bogus and, possibly, the work of one twelvetrees (see above).

It is unlikely that Ms Wyatt, bless her, will ever work again. She seems curiously reluctant to leave her accommodation other than for the occasional visit to Brinsworth in the company of a number of Equity 'minders'.

PS Did anyone happen to see Angela Down in a re-run of Poirot last night? She was another fine young woman to whom I developed an attraction back in the days of 'Take Three Girls'. An unfortunate misdirection led me to bumble into her dressing room at the Shaftesbury one night. The exclusion order from theatreland was quite unnecessary.

How much evidence is there that Ms Wyatt either wants to or needs to work again?

Well, those we've known with a mind to stalk the poor woman for starters and then there's the drive by ranters who've entertained us and seem permanently marooned in 1979, plus the handful of fans she'll have generated through cable shown repeats.

But not you and me, Tempus.

For better or worse, several people on this thread. And, let's face it, it could be said of anyone whose name is posited on Deathlist. It's not in many places that one could find likeminded souls who have a thing for the God-like Peter Hammill, the even-more-God-like Jason King, and actresses of a certain age (I always preferred Liza Goddard's Victoria in Take Three Girls). After all, one has to pass the time somehow...

Well said Pulphack, it's a lost opportunity in my book that Hamill and the inimitable Wyngarde didn't collaborate on a pretentious prog rock album, I'd be giving it a spin to this very day, oh yes.

For better or worse, several people on this thread. And, let's face it, it could be said of anyone whose name is posited on Deathlist. It's not in many places that one could find likeminded souls who have a thing for the God-like Peter Hammill, the even-more-God-like Jason King, and actresses of a certain age (I always preferred Liza Goddard's Victoria in Take Three Girls). After all, one has to pass the time somehow...

As ever, pulphack, you are right about Liza Goddard. However, when Alvin Stardust chased me with a cleaver I transferred my affections to others more deserving.

On the way back from seeing Hammill's Van der Graaf Generator at Weymouth, I bought the newly released Imagine by John Lennon. From underground to mainstream in one fickle leap.

I reckon Alvin Stardust should sue the makers of X-Men for image rights where Wolf is concerned. Or maybe in an out of court settlement force Wolf to break into Jealous Mind during a fight sequence.

Alvin Stardust has a lot to answer for. To this day people in gloves perturb me. It was the way he pointed at the camera during TOTP whilst wearing those leather ones. With great big rings on. Eurghh.

Between him, Gary Glitter and Jimmy Saville it's no wonder I'm f**ked up.

Getting back on topic, it's probably why I sought childhood solace in 'safe' places like Robin's Nest and MATH. But I'm no pyschologist.

I've re-read this and it doesn't quite read right, especially that second paragraph, but I'll post it anyway. Publish and be damned, as they say at lulu.com.

I get yer drift BHB but how come so many others survived the seventies glam rock tossers on tv to become sane citizens. Maybe, like Syd Barrett, you had the propensity to tip over the edge and Alvin Stardust just gave you the push you needed.

Alvin's official site.

In case you're feeling nostalgic:

So, there I was last night comfortably relaxed in BHB Towers, Guinness and Stilton by my side, dog and family at my feet and book in hand. Currently it is 'REMINDER', Dennis Waterman's autobiography. Imagine my surprise when I reached the part about his being at the Corona Academy and read a list of names of fellow pupils who would go on to attain varying levels of stardom:

Frazer Hines- Twat who was in Emmerdale when it was a farm.

Michele Dotrice- Frank Spencer's ditzy trouble n' strife (see, I'm picking up Waterman's 'Lahndan' accent already)

Judy Geeson- Fit bird from the seventies and was in Carry On England.

Susan George- Even fitter bird who starred in two of my all time fave films, 'Venom' and 'Straw Dogs'. She also holds the dubious honour of my having knocked one out over pics of her over the years.

Robin Asquith- The long haired Mick Jagger of sitcoms.

John (Mitch) Mitchell- Jimi Hendrix's drummer.

And...drum roll, please...

Richard O' Sullivan! Death List legend and aspiration to us all! Possibly.

Anyway, this is all probably old news as the book was originally published in 2000, but it does confirm that Dennis thought Dicky was a lovely bloke and that he used to come back from filming 'Cleopatra' in Rome just to watch Chelsea.

Apparently our Dicky was one of the oldest and best in the classes and owned a red sports car and so got all the girls. The old rogue, eh? And it's heartwarming to see that the opposite sex was just as shallow then as they are now. Dodgy barnet, buck teeth and the personality of a kipper? Never fear, buy a red sports car and end up fighting crumpet off with a shitty stick!

And, er, that's it really. Some six year old news about news that was from the fifties anyway. Hmmm. More from your intrepid reporter and the rest of the 'out of date news team' this time next week!

Mitch Mitchell at the academy with Asquith and Our Dickie. Incredible.

It really is exciting to see the depth of research that this thread has inspired. I think we should begin to consider creating Deathlist University. This would allow us to award Degrees and Diplomas to those of us, like BHB, who have extended the frontiers of human knowledge. I shall look into the matter.

Unfortunately my own doctoral research was curtailed by some unnecessary exclusion orders (eg London). These followed a number of unfortunate misunderstandings regarding the nature of epistemological enquiry.

Nevertheless, I am open to suggestions of collaborative research in which my like-minded partners could take responsibility for some painstaking fieldwork at certain addresses in the city.

Susan George- Even fitter bird who starred in two of my all time fave films, 'Venom' and 'Straw Dogs'. She also holds the dubious honour of my having knocked one out over pics of her over the years.

Thanks for your thoughtful and vivid contribution BHB, I'm sure that £10 cheque for post of the week is a foregone conclusion. Maybe you should forward a pic of yourself to her stud farm. That woodentop actor she hangs around with is away filming Casualty for days on end, she might want to return the complement.

Hmm... the thought of Susan George indulging in the sin of... no, stop it! Let's get back to the important stuff (by the way, wasn't her first film role being strangled by Ian Ogilvy in 'The Sorcerors'?) - Mitch Mitchell, Dickie, Asquith, and Waterman? That could have been Kipper. You'd do the Clapham with them, wouldn't you? And knowing what that references means you could qualify for the new DL Trivia University. Lots of people on here would hate the idea (boring sods), but let's face it, how else can you justify knowing so much ridiculous and inane information about pop culture? Particularly when you can name the contents of Tessa Wyatt's wardrobe in 1978 and yet not be able to remember how many miles were on the limits of that pesky exclusion order?