Guest Arnold

Richard O'Sullivan

Wow.

I have put together a rating system for stalkers based on FF's index for ranters.

Deathlister celebrities or other celebrities out there please feel free to add to or amend this:

1.) Person has a complete disregard for the privacy of the object of his/her desires.

2.) Person has never for even a second contemplated the notion that his or her

attentions may be unwelcome.

3.) Person displays a high opinion of themselves and is eager to share it.

4.) Being the center of the universe is a serious business; person has no sense of humor.

5.) Person has an entire agenda mapped out for his/her object of desire and will be astounded

when the OOHD fails to follow it.

On a scale of one to three:

1.) Uh-oh.

2.) Time to change your phone numbers

3.) Run for Your Life!

In my opinion neither LCD or the Pooka gets more than an uh-oh rating because they are both far

too self-deprecating and funny.

Thank you for the vote of confidence, Madame. Who is LCD?

Anyway I hope that my avowed interest is seen as little more than a whimsical fancy taken to its extreme for amusement - mainly my own. Clarissa and Am I dead Yet seem to be altogether more serious in their R O'S obsession. But, as MPFC says, Lady C embodies the unpredictability that makes this site and this thread attractive.

This is a site dedicated to death and its prediction. It will inevitably attract the esoteric, the strange and the unconventional and it should welcome them - even if they don't seem able to use paragraphs.

To be honest the only thing that chills me to the marrow on this site is the thought that one of its moderators has a senior position in the Boys' Brigade.

This is a site dedicated to death and its prediction. It will inevitably attract the esoteric, the strange and the unconventional and it should welcome them - even if they don't seem able to use paragraphs.

I think that's the point for those of us who are, shall we say, a bit put off by the recent postings in this thread.

No one I can think of has a problem with esoteric, strange, or unconventional. What we do have a problem with is the gushing, pre-pubescent hero worship that sounds like a convention of teenyboppers.

I mean, I'll grant you that Richard O'Sullivan was cute in his heyday, but I really don't have any desire to break into Brinsworth and rape him.

For what it's worth, I don't think he's going to kick off anytime soon.

Fire when ready.

:rolleyes:

Am I the only one who finds this a bit nauseating? If not, I'll move on....

I'm not sure, CA, but you may be the only one who bothered reading both of those posts in their entirety.

Without benefit of paragraphs, they stand before me like the north face of the Eiger, and here's me with just my North Face jacket, a map, a compass, a flask of tea and a pair of Jimmy Choo slip-ons. No way I'm attempting that ascent...

Oooh, a "sniper"...better get out my M16...

:rolleyes:

Am I the only one who finds this a bit nauseating? If not, I'll move on....

Agreed CA. It was funny at first but it's become very dull very quickly

So don't read...I would hate to be responsible for boring you to....death...

Wow.

I have put together a rating system for stalkers based on FF's index for ranters.

Deathlister celebrities or other celebrities out there please feel free to add to or amend this:

1.) Person has a complete disregard for the privacy of the object of his/her desires.

4.) Being the center of the universe is a serious business; person has no sense of humor.

5.) Person has an entire agenda mapped out for his/her object of desire and will be astounded

1.) Uh-oh.

3.) Run for Your Life!

In my opinion neither LCD or the Pooka gets more than an uh-oh rating because they are both far

Perhaps you need to look up a dictionary - apparently you don't actually know what the word "stalker" means, in relation to The Pooka and I, who are not, in fact, stalkers. On the other hand, you seem to have a good grasp on the "idea" - are you in fact a "closet stalker"??

If people are finding these posts 'dull' and 'creepy' might I suggest that you don't bother reading them? :) Our mistake Clarissa, we are not wishing the poor man dead, not that that's creepy at all :rolleyes:

Here's an idea, stop hijacking our forum you lot of muppets.

Might I suggest you buy your own domain and start your own Richard O'Sullivan forum.

As for you Richmond, your jokes are worse than mine. Stop now.

Lot of muppets? Relevance? Suggestion taken under advisement. Apparently you missed the whole point if you think it's all a bit of a joke...perhaps you should go back to watching "The Muppets"...

Might I suggest you buy your own domain and start your own Richard O'Sullivan forum.

What is really the deal with Richard O'Sullivan getting so much attention? It really gets annoying after a while. I'm afraid to look how many times Maryportfuncity has posted in this thread. It's out of control. It's enough to make an innocent person want kill themself.

Richard O'Sullivan rates attention because he is a celebrity....jealous??

Again I say, knock yourself out...oh, wait, you said an "innocent person"...and that would be?...

If people are finding these posts 'dull' and 'creepy' might I suggest that you don't bother reading them? :) Our mistake Clarissa, we are not wishing the poor man dead, not that that's creepy at all :rolleyes:

How about if we suggest you go find a hero worship stalker site and post this drivel there?

Since you have totally missed the point of this site anyway....

Again, suggestion taken under advisement....interesting that you think the "drivel" is worth commenting on after not posting for, like, ever...and the point of the site would be.....oh, wait...I know this one...give me a second....nope, guess you're right after all.

Speak fer yerself, I'm enjoying this discourse immensely.

Cheers, Anubis, my second-fave Egyptian God!!

I thought we'd kind of established in the long dark day of the locking of this thread that it's - unofficially - a kind of DL common room. In which case there's no way Lady C's posts could be inappropriate. I've given up being amazed at the twists and turns of this thread which is rapidly approaching it's 75,000 th hit, in fact that fact alone is bordering surreal.

Cheers, MPFC...thankyou for the support...you are one of the reasons I started posting on this thread...your passion is awesome...I salute you!

I quite like this thread.

If anyone from Brinsworth House, or God willing even Mr. O'Sullivan himself were to read it (and we are told from time to time that they do look in from time to time) I think they'd see right away that we mean no harm and all we want to know is how the poor old fellow is doing. Perhaps they'll even drop us a hint one day.

Our two new members' posts are certainly unusually long, and can be quite hard work to read, which is atypical for the forum, but why not? Theyr'e certainly enthusiastic about the subject matter of the thread.

Welcome you two, and don't mind the professional grumblers.

Thankyou for the welcome, NAP....I'm having a little trouble understanding why some people on this forum have trouble reading long posts...sorry, I'm not a sniper who leaves one-liners, if that's what they want and expect....but that can be remedied...however, I do not want to degenerate into the realm of personal criticism that so many people feel they need to in order to feel clever and witty.

Indeed, NAP. One place we've been deficient in the past is in attracting genuine lovers of our targets for death discussion and keeping said people. If you want proof of the genuinely strange creation this thread has become it has to be there in the form of Lady C, giving her all to take it to previously unimagined levels of involvement with the man.

A phenomenon I'd not noticed with the massed ranks of - say - Lou Rawls fans.

Again I say, many thanks, MPFC....I'll take that as a compliment and hope you meant it that way!

Hmm, I wonder if she has a view on Steve Irwin.

Don't even go there.....be afraid, be very afraid......your avatar could well turn into the real you pushing yourself over a cliff eternally into the pits of hell...I kid you not...

11 consecutive posts in the same thread? Eleven? Lady Clarissa Richmond, I believe you may have achieved some sort of record.

Someone call Roy Castle & Norris McWhirter, we have a winner! That's not just a DeathList record, it must be a World Record!

You could have had more were it not for hungry kittens and a food-laden refrigerator drawing me downstairs in the middle of the night. Feel free to re-commence your posting spree, M'Lady; let's see how far you can take this thing... I for one, am rooting for you!

11 consecutive posts in the same thread? Lady Clarissa Richmond, I believe you may have just achieved some sort of record.

Someone call Roy Castle & Norris McWhirter, we have a winner! That's not just a DeathList record, it must be a World Record!

RELEASE THE KITTENS!!!

Wow.

"5.) Person has an entire agenda mapped out for his/her object of desire and will be astounded

1.) Uh-oh.

3.) Run for Your Life!

Thank you for the vote of confidence, Madame. Who is LCD?

Anyway I hope that my avowed interest is seen as little more than a whimsical fancy taken to its extreme for amusement - mainly my own. Clarissa and Am I dead Yet seem to be altogether more serious in their R O'S obsession. But, as MPFC says, Lady C embodies the unpredictability that makes this site and this thread attractive.

To be honest the only thing that chills me to the marrow on this site is the thought that one of its moderators has a senior position in the Boys' Brigade.

LCD was either a spelling error, (but of course noone on this thread ever makes those, do they, because they were all public school educated and therefore, would never do that ) or, it was a not-so-subtle dig at me - well done!! To all the snipers out there with tiny penises - not everyone is young and was educated at a time when computers were the normal form of communication - thank the gods for that. Some people don't spend all their time sitting in front of said machines trying to prove something, and hiding behind avatars so noone knows who they are - it's easy to be rude that way, isn't it? How many of you would have the nerve to say these things to each other in person? Yes, you have made me a tad angry - congratulations...well done..but that was, no doubt, your intention.

I think that's the point for those of us who are, shall we say, a bit put off by the recent postings in this thread.

No one I can think of has a problem with esoteric, strange, or unconventional. What we do have a problem with is the gushing, pre-pubescent hero worship that sounds like a convention of teenyboppers.

I mean, I'll grant you that Richard O'Sullivan was cute in his heyday, but I really don't have any desire to break into Brinsworth and rape him.

For what it's worth, I don't think he's going to kick off anytime soon.

Fire when ready.

I think you have way more problems than that, CA...oh, wait, isn't that an abbreviation for cancer....who here wants to "break into BH and rape Richard O'Sullivan"? Did anyone say that? So, how do you want it, I have a colt 45 that needs a good workout...

Just who is Richard O'Sullivan anyway?

11 consecutive posts in the same thread? Eleven? Lady Clarissa Richmond, I believe you may have achieved some sort of record.

You could have had more were it not for hungry kittens and a food-laden refrigerator drawing me downstairs in the middle of the night. Feel free to re-commence your posting spree, M'Lady; let's see how far you can take this thing... I for one, am rooting for you!

Well, it's like this - I am at the other end of the planet as you may, or may not, be aware. Which means that when you are awake and posting, I am asleep and dreaming (of Dick Turpin). As you see, I felt a certain "need" to answer my hordes of critics...nearly finished...at least I seem to have accomplished one thing - I have awakened some "sleepers" from the doldrums...

[Well, it's like this - I am at the other end of the planet as you may, or may not, be aware. Which means that when you are awake and posting, I am asleep and dreaming (of Dick Turpin).

Dreaming of Dick eh? And you call yourself a lady.

Anyway Clarissa, I've re-read some of what I've written and I do sound a bit too bloody negative. I think your letter will definitely get to him, why wouldn't it? (our post is often late but it usually gets to its destination!) In which case, even if you don't get a reply, you will have the peace of mind of knowing that he received the letter, and no doubt he will be chuffed to bits to read it. From the feedback I got, he loves receiving mail and you sound like such a big fan and such a nice person that I'm sure he won't fail to be touched. I am probably doing him a disservice too, as he sounds like a lovely bloke and I'm sure you are completely right that he is now happy to talk about the business with him being surrounded by fellow actors and being removed from the acting world as he once knew it.

I'm so sorry you've been though such a bad time, you above anyone can identify with him, and I'm sure that he wouldn't feel threatened by you at all. Sometimes I am too honest, mostly with myself, he is 'in the business' so to speak, we are just nobodies (to him) who watched his shows - sadly in the real world you don't get to meet or fall in love with celebrities, though who hasn't wished for that ?(Pooka!) I'm sure he doesn't think anyone would want to hurt him, but I expect he just can't be bothered with 'outsiders' as such, I think if I was knocking on and had been in bad health I would probably be the same. Anyway, maybe we are getting a bit too heavy :) . I made contact with him and it does make you feel good to know that he knows people care, you should feel the same. If I was ever fortunate enough to drive past him, I would sweet talk him into allowing us to tour his home, I would contact you like a shot, don't you worry! You'd better be on that plane! Don't worry I don't consider you to be mad, or in the same league as the two others! I don't really speak to them much now as they were a bit creepy, I just scrounge the odd photo now and then, I wouldn't mind but the really obsessed one is married with 4 kids - can you imagine, the poor bloke would bin the walking stick and run like he was DT again :lol:

Hmm, 70's fashions....yes, some dreadful clothes were worn in that decade. It was his sideburns that were the best though, almost met in the middle! Larry seemed to get the better clothes to wear. He suited his hair long though. Dear God, I sound like my younger sister now.

Won't have as much time to post here, but will speak to you soon ;)

Hi, Am I Dead Yet. You have no doubt seen all my recent posts. I actually let some of those people "get" to me...silly me...but some of them actually like what we are doing, so that's got to be a good thing, right? I'm sure my letter did arrive - it would have been there probably 2 weeks ago, so he will have read it and binned it by now! You don't have to reverse tack to make me feel better! Say what you want to me - I don't mind at all. I think it's better to be honest here, since you seem to know more about our hero than I do.

No, sadly, most of us don't get to meet our heroes in real life, but it is great if we can at least tell them that we think they are great...of course, there are those who are gracious enough to reply to letters (no criticism of RO'S intended - I totally get where he is at)), and those who are even kinder who take the time to sign autographs and converse with their fans.(I'm sure he did all that in the day) This brings to mind an experience I had when I was 15. Liv Ullman was here in Australia doing a play, and my Mum took me to see it, (Mum being a fan, not me) and we met her afterwards - she was so gracious and "human", chatting away to Mum, while I stood frozen to the spot and couldn't speak I was so overwhelmed! And then, a few years ago, I met Marina Sirtis (Deanna Troi of StarTrek The Next Generation) at a convention - she is amazing, a really beautiful woman, inside and out - she was so natural and charming, she thanked all her fans who she said were responsible for her career and even her marriage to a rock star, who is one cool dude too.

I have been lucky, but not as lucky as I would have liked - Richard was actually here, in Australia, way back in the 70s, doing a play - of course my parents never would have allowed me to go off chasing moonbeams back then, and I was definitely a "gushing teeny-bopper" type back then, who would have creeped him out no end! Harking back to you saying you thought he would never get involved with a fan, and if he were to become involved with anyone it would probably be someone who didn't know who he was - in what universe would I ever have met him? And in what universe would I ever have not known who he was? I could have run into him in 1983, or 1988, when I was in London, but how would that have ever happened? Most things in life don't happen by accident - we aren't living in an age where we all sit around politely waiting for someone to notice us and ask us out. That may have been a more gracious age, but how many people settled for what they didn't want, and how many people were profoundly unhappy regretting lost opportunities, and wishing they'd had the "bollocks" to flout the customs of the day? Oh, crap, listen to me....all my "fans" have now been bored to sleep....sorry, people...I hope you enjoy the paragraphs...

I will eagerly await your call, and will book a stand-by flight to London..ha ha...so, about your "acquaintance" who is married with 4 kids and obsessed with Richard - let's hope it is just an outlet for her or she may be in real trouble! I wonder how her hubby and kids feel about this? Or maybe they just think she is a bit eccentric? Or, is her family life "up s**t creek in a barbed wire canoe without a paddle"? Yes, and let's hope she doesn't get too carried away and break into BH and frighten the bejesus out of Richard, or he will never trust a fan again! And, just for the record, I do have a life - I have a son - you guessed it, his name is Richard...I kid you not. Talk later...I may have some inside info coming...stand by.

I think you have way more problems than that, CA...oh, wait, isn't that an abbreviation for cancer....who here wants to "break into BH and rape Richard O'Sullivan"? Did anyone say that? So, how do you want it, I have a colt 45 that needs a good workout...

Oh boy. A Colt 45. I bow to the Australian John Wayne - while shaking in my shoes, I might add.

Didn't take long to get down to threats. Have you blown all your literary abilities on your fantasies of Mr. O'Sullivan?

I'm still trying to figure out the CA/cancer thing.....

If all you've got is a Colt 45 you're sadly losing from the start. Even broke teenage aspiring drug dealers here won't lower themselves to single action.

Star Crossed, I think I'm going to give in to someone who doesn't understand how to consolidate posts, can't pick up on sarcasm and who can't come up with a response better than waving around obsolete firearms. Release the kittens if you see fit, but I suspect there are more worthy things to sic them on. Personally, I'm going to leave this particular den of treacle and find some intelligence in another thread.

Whoever pinned this can live with it.

Clarissa, just a quick post, compared to normal! I can't be bothered commenting on all the stuff that's been posted already. However, I do agree that this is probably not the place to be posting this sort of stuff, it is a p*ss taking forum after all, I was expecting the backlash :rolleyes: So I reckon we pack up and move elsewhere. I wouldn't advise giving away any insider information here either.

Why not come to http://p197.ezboard.com/bwhirligigtv - probably need to copy/paste. I am thinking of joining up. There is a Richard thread there in the 1950's tv section. Nowhere near as lively as here, but the good thing is you can send private messages. If you post there using your name I will get in contact via the ezboard thingie. I have no problem with people here and love the regular posters in this thread, but like I say, I think this is more a drop-in, take-the piss kind of place and should probably remain so really.

I'll drop in again tomorrow maybe before I leave, so let me know if you want to join up etc....

Speak to you later.

Wow.

1.) Uh-oh.

3.) Run for Your Life!

Perhaps you need to look up a dictionary - apparently you don't actually know what the word "stalker" means, in relation to The Pooka and I, who are not, in fact, stalkers. On the other hand, you seem to have a good grasp on the "idea" - are you in fact a "closet stalker"??

Here is an amusing link which will explain my interest in stalkers.

http://www.deathlist.net/forums/index.php?...amp;#entry72156

I haven't gotten around to replacing the dictionary yet.