Guest Jason

Ford dying is gonna suck, not cause i give a flying F**k about the old guy, just because all you hear about for a week is what the asshole did for the country since he was president. Reagans funeral felt like it took 5 years... so long and drawn out, and on every TV channel. Of course Gerald wasnt quite a "Ronald Reagan", hes more along the lines of a Jimmy Carter (who im a predicting for the 2011 deathlist).

Ford dying is gonna suck, not cause i give a flying F**k about the old guy, just because all you hear about for a week is what the asshole did for the country since he was president. Reagans funeral felt like it took 5 years.

Thanks unregistered Jason; your in depth and informed political analysis wins our star post award for this month.

Guest Guest

I'm sure Lady Bird Johnson will outlive Ford.

With these tottering titans of US public life it's hard to call anything. I'd hazard a guess on Betty Ford going before her husband though.

Guest iain

heres a sort of Ford related death- Nixons speechwriter James Keogh has died at 89.Maybe he wrote speeches for Ford too

thats James keogh

That's a bitch eh?

Just when the Republicans needed a guy skilled in batting off calls for impeachment, shoring up an embattled president and putting a workable spin on an increasingly unpopular foreign war.

Guest waiting

Why can't Ford just DIE????????? I hate him!

Maybe if you explain it to him face to face in a calm & reasonable manner, he'll be a bit more compliant. If you can hold the hate in for a moment or two that is.

Some people are just plain obstinate, aren't they?

What, you've met him personally and he was unpleasant to you, he kept ringing you up and abusing you?

Come clean, what's the beef here?

what's the beef... wasn't that mondale rather than ford? i'm just referncing a gag in a simpsons epidsode here (such research). perhaps a colonial can put us little englanders right on this? i did admire the 'why can't he just die' post for its directness, though. tell me that's not what you really think about your deadpool faves.

It was indeed Walter Mondale asking; 'Where's the beef?' Carter's vice-president's campaign is remembered for this and for the fact that Reagan wiped the floor with him vote wise.

Not that I'm a colonial mind, just a Brit with a servicable memory.

Guest Guest

Well Lloyd Bentsen died today at 85 and he was even younger than Ford. It seems that Ford is outliving all of his contemporaries in American political life even those younger than he is!

Well Lloyd Bentsen died today at 85 and he was even younger than Ford. It seems that Ford is outliving all of his contemporaries in American political life even those younger than he is!

he waa mentioned elseewherer you lazy s.o.b.

Oof Bruno!

Hangover or just a bad day? It's hardly a crime to duplicate a point or two. Since a few of us select where we surf it's useful sometimes. Has anyone mentioned football on Gerald Ford's thr.........I'll get me coat.

Ouch Martypoirtfuncity that really was mean. I nevder get hangovers I stay continually tanked.

Anywho, anyway, anyhow, anywhatever, this would indead be an good time to mention Leslie's footballing days back when he was I think in college or something but it will cause a bruhaha type thing here since he played the football of men that is played here in the U.s.A. U.S.A. U.S.A U.s.A. U.S.A. (has a nice sound to it once it gets repeated enough doesn;'t it?)

He played collegiate football in Michigan I think or was it Miami?

Ouch Martypoirtfuncity that really was mean. I nevder get hangovers I stay continually tanked.

Had an old patient at the psych hospital tell me that the only way to beat a hangover is to stay drunk...she had a heart attack and died two hours after saying that.

Gerry played his (American) football at U. Michigan.

Had an old patient at the psych hospital tell me that the only way to beat a hangover is to stay drunk...she had a heart attack and died two hours after saying that.

Gerry played his (American) football at U. Michigan.

thwsat meandr s I got twewo howurs legy wshich is bad since the messtojg of a.A.s at nppn.

Guest Prophet

Ford will live to be 100.

Cheers Prophet

Would you - like - care to enlighten us on your track record of predictions and or reasons for confidence in such a statement? Personally I reckon he'll make it to be oldest surviving president and set a record that Carter, Bush jnr and senior and Clinton will fail to match, but I don't think he'll see a ton. I'd base that on the record of other ex-presidents, Carter's increasing frailty and the chequered health records of both the Bush boys and sleazy Bill. But then, I'm not a prophet.

I predict that we will all be dead before Ford.

I feel your form returning Bruno, don't agree with the above though. I fully expect to watch Ford's funeral on the news.

awww...someone sounds sober today... :lol:

While waiting for Ford to cark it, here is something humorous and Ford-related material for our entertainment. I remember seeing this Saturday Night Live skit some years ago and I managed to track down a transcript of it. Of course, it is much funnier when watching it rather than reading it, but nevertheless im sure you can get a chuckle out of it. Hey and it also makes fun of Tom Brokaw's famous slurr - so it has to be good.

Tom Brokaw Pre-Tapes

Hey wait just a sec, what moderator-gone-bad changed my signature? :lol:

Although I do have to admit it is a nice twist.

Wheather or not you are sober it is impossible to predict, accounting on the fact that your comment usually goes as a sarcastic remark, although doesn't amount since your sober? Or is this just another post under the influence? :)