He did look a bit frail at Ronald Reagan's funeral earlier this year.

i aint dead im just an american :party:

In the spirit of Calvin Coolidge perhaps. When told he had died Dorothy Parker said: "How do they know?"

Guest Jane

i aint dead im just an american :D

Gerald Ford will be dead before his 93rd birthday.

You put Ford on and not Arafat?

Why didn't we listen to him? This guy Tom seems to have had an inside track on deathly matters,,,,,,wonder what happened to him.

i aint dead im just an american :pop:

We shall see - I believe he defeats president Reagons record and dies in 2007 or 2008.

Of course this year also rings a bell.

A sudden stroke would fit rather fine.

Gerald Ford's wife Betty goes into hospital for routine tests.

Also mentioned in the story is the fact that President Ford is doing very well, following his pneumonia. :lol:

Reuters

Gerald Ford's wife Betty goes into hospital for routine tests.

Also mentioned in the story is the fact that President Ford is doing very well, following his pneumonia. :lol:

Reuters

There's a decent case to be made that they should both be on for 2007, which would, I'm fairly sure, mark the first time a married couple had made the list. If only we'd shown the same foresight and picked June Carter the same year we had Johnny Cash.

But let's also resist temptation to make wishful picks in this category (e.g. the Beckhams, the McCartneys, Phil Collins and his next wife, etc.)

There's a decent case to be made that they should both be on for 2007, which would, I'm fairly sure, mark the first time a married couple had made the list. If only we'd shown the same foresight and picked June Carter the same year we had Johnny Cash.

But let's also resist temptation to make wishful picks in this category (e.g. the Beckhams, the McCartneys, Phil Collins and his next wife, etc.)

Unless we introduce a new Death List Couples niche section, if only to put your above suggestions on! I don't know how often it happens with celebs, but quite often when one half of an old couple departs, the other kind of drifts away fairly soon afterwards, nothing to live for etc.

It certainly happened with one set of my grandparents, although obviously they weren't famous, and for DL purposes it wouldn't have been any good as one went at the end of one year, and the other at the start of the next...

Although I won't mind if Collins can't wait long enough for a new wife. To borrow a line from 'the world's greatest drummer'*, 'I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life..' Other drummers seem to know the rules regarding life expectancy.

*except most of the others of course.

I don't know how often it happens with celebs, but quite often when one half of an old couple departs, the other kind of drifts away fairly soon afterwards, nothing to live for etc.

I wasn't going to mention it, as it seemed quite minor, but that's exactly what happened to Sir Peter Masefield & his wife. Sir Peter died a few months ago, and it was reported today, that, just 60 days later, his wife has also died.

But for every Jim & Audrey Callaghan, there is King George & the Queen Mum...

Unless we introduce a new Death List Couples niche section, if only to put your above suggestions on! I don't know how often it happens with celebs, but quite often when one half of an old couple departs, the other kind of drifts away fairly soon afterwards, nothing to live for etc.

It certainly happened with one set of my grandparents, although obviously they weren't famous, and for DL purposes it wouldn't have been any good as one went at the end of one year, and the other at the start of the next...

Although I won't mind if Collins can't wait long enough for a new wife. To borrow a line from 'the world's greatest drummer'*, 'I've been waiting for this moment, for all my life..' Other drummers seem to know the rules regarding life expectancy.

*except most of the others of course.

TLC, with that avatar I'm wondering if your initials stand for "There's Lando Calrissian"? I was hoping the young Lando would pop up in one of the three newer Star Wars films, but because they all sucked he didn't, instead we got Jar Jar.

TLC, with that avatar I'm wondering if your initials stand for "There's Lando Calrissian"? I was hoping the young Lando would pop up in one of the three newer Star Wars films, but because they all sucked he didn't, instead we got Jar Jar.
:lol:

Afraid TLC stands for nothing quite so exciting, Mr Ronnie.

Quite right about the lack of Lando/addition of Jar Jar adding to the disappointment of particularly the first of the three new films. He would have brought a bit of dash, charm & indeed swash to the whole sorry affair with a mere smile or a smooth 'hello'.

Anyway, I better leave the Star Wars thing, but not before I post this pic, Crockett & Lando!

landovice4wo.jpg

Quite right about the lack of Lando/addition of Jar Jar adding to the disappointment of particularly the first of the three new films. He would have brought a bit of dash, charm & indeed swash to the whole sorry affair with a mere smile or a smooth 'hello'.

Yeah, but, in the new films, he would've been about 8 years old, if that. There's only so much dash, charm & suaveness a 8 yr old can bring, even if he is an 8 yr old Lando. And a smooth hello, would've been more like a pipsqueak "Hi".

I mean look at Boba Fett. The Mr. Cool of bounty hunters, and he's just a moppy-topped kid...

Guest iain

i aint dead im just an american :huh:

shes right.Gerald Ford is doomed.I have a feeling that he will be gone by july too

Yeah, but, in the new films, he would've been about 8 years old, if that. There's only so much dash, charm & suaveness a 8 yr old can bring, even if he is an 8 yr old Lando. And a smooth hello, would've been more like a pipsqueak "Hi".

I mean look at Boba Fett. The Mr. Cool of bounty hunters, and he's just a moppy-topped kid...

No, he'd be older. The actor Billy Dee Williams was born in 1937, so he was 43 in 1980 when Empire Stikes Back came out. We're told the third film of the new trilogy takes place 19 years before the original Star Wars, so Calrissian would be approx. 21 then, 18 in part II. Arguably he'd be about 8 in the first film - it's hard to tell how much Anakin ages, while Natalie Portmann gets only 3 yrs older.

Guest iain

damn..looks like im going to have to kill Gerald Ford to get rid of him this year.He just keeps going and going....

No, he'd be older. The actor Billy Dee Williams was born in 1937, so he was 43 in 1980 when Empire Stikes Back came out. We're told the third film of the new trilogy takes place 19 years before the original Star Wars, so Calrissian would be approx. 21 then, 18 in part II. Arguably he'd be about 8 in the first film - it's hard to tell how much Anakin ages, while Natalie Portmann gets only 3 yrs older.

Oh, right, thanks. Age is a difficult thing, in Star Wars, just look at Yoda.

However, we must be mindful that they had Moff Tarkin, Mon Mothma & Wedge in episode 3 reduced to walk-on parts. Shame....

Just to keep this on topic - Gerald Ford looks like the Emperor. :huh:

Gerald Ford troubled over calls for Donald Rumsfeld to resign.

You don't have to be Asafa Powell to release a statement, but you do have to be clear of mind to comment intelligently on current issues.

Also, Betty Ford returns home while we're at it.

You know, I was sitting here trying to think if I should write "intelligently comment" or "comment intelligently," then I recalled that it was the latter, thanks to the DVD Set of The Thin Blue Line that I got yesterday for Easter. So I suppose I should thank you Brits for once again producing programming that can help me in real life. :huh:

You know, I was sitting here trying to think if I should write "intelligently comment" or "comment intelligently," then I recalled that it was the latter, thanks to the DVD Set of The Thin Blue Line that I got yesterday for Easter. So I suppose I should thank you Brits for once again producing programming that can help me in real life. :P
Not as much as we Brits can thank you for making sure one less copy of The Thin Blue Line is available in this country. ;)

It shames me that Rowan Atkinson, the genius of Blackadder fame, has polluted our TV screens with The Thin Blue Line & (deep breath) Mr Bean. ;)

I may be in a minority here to be honest, it's just one of those relatively unimportant topics that sets me off on occasion, a bit like mime artists or Mick Hucknall.... and of course I respect your undeniable right to like or dislike whatever you want, however wrong you might be! :P

It shames me that Rowan Atkinson, the genius of Blackadder fame, has polluted our TV screens with The Thin Blue Line & (deep breath) Mr Bean. :D

I'll admit that the jokes on The Thin Blue Line get tiresome after awhile, but certainly you agree that watching Mina Anwar never gets tiresome? ;)

In Gerald Ford related news, I saw a brief segment on the San Diego news that showed Dubya meeting with Ford at his home. He looked pretty fit, although he walked with a cane, although he had this complete look of "What the hell is going on here?" as GWB carried him out by the hand like a befuddled chimpanzee.

Long story short, I'm not sure what to make of it all, but I'm just reporting what I saw. He is more than able to make public appearences though, at the very least.

He is more than able to make public appearences though, at the very least.

Of course, so is Lenin, and he's been dead for yonks.

I'll admit that the jokes on The Thin Blue Line get tiresome after awhile, but certainly you agree that watching Mina Anwar never gets tiresome? ;)
I just 'google imaged' her to remind myself exactly what she looks like, and I can't disagree with your view on that.

Slightly tarnished by the fact she appears to be in alot of pictures with a certain Joe Pasquale, a squeaky-voiced 'comedian' who I hope for your sake never made it to Canada. For my sake, I hope he'll move somewhere without TV studios. :D

If you want a sneak preview of what it'll be like when Gerald Ford dies, check out Wikipedia's front page.

For a second I thought his picture was on the other side, which would signify that he had died, and I thought DL had another hit...

You beat me to it CP, good article, I didn't realise he was such good pals with Carter or that his name came from his step-dad.

But that 'Gerald Ford was' opening had me revved up for a second there.

Guest iain

im starting to lose hope that Fords gonna snuff it this year to be honest.He'l probably go on for years yet

Guest iain

i feel the time has come

Aye, I'm not too hopeful wev'e picked us a winner here. I reckon November 11th beckons him to one achievement as president that gives him a hold on history and his entire being is focussed in that direction. Then again, there's ex-members of the Manson Family out there and some of those loose cannons have it in for the man. I can't imagine his security people are ultra-vigilant these days.