faustus

2. Dick Van Dyke

7 hours ago, Comped said:

I've always wondered who the oldest person to vote in the US (or anywhere, really) actually was...

Marita Camacho Quiros (former First Lady of Costa Rica) voted in the April 2022 presidential election at the age of 111. I’m not sure if she’s the oldest to ever vote but definitely up there

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?id=1010547626&story_fbid=1395374867588006

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Comped said:

I've always wondered who the oldest person to vote in the US (or anywhere, really) actually was...

Gertrude Baines voted for Obama when she was 114, and attempts to explain why here:

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Gertrude Baines voted for Obama when she was 114, and attempts to explain why here:

A little light on the explanation, but I guess I'll take it. Obama almost certainly has to be the last president someone born before 1900 voted for in that case. Could be not terribly long before we get a president who's the last one to get a vote from someone who was born before World War I, maybe even this November. Assuming any of them left actually vote... Two men and a handful more women.

(To tie it back to good old Dick, the last American man who could have actually voted for Lincoln would have died when Dick was in his 40s or 50s depending on how accurate you believe verification to be, similar with anyone alive during Lincoln's term. So he very well could have met people who voted for Lincoln as a young man.)

• Like 1