Dead O'Gonner

Death List On Radio1

I recently got a call from radio1 tendering me to be on a daytime so which links up companys and discuss's topics for the day. I wont mention the presenter but she is scottish and i think quite hot.

Anyway if i get selected is it worth giving deathlist a shout and see the nations opinions or would it cause to many ranters to potentially destroy what has been created?

I'm guessing the mods will message directly on that one. We've got a media profile, mind. The Sun newspaper cover us once in a while, especially when Keith Richards says he's pissed off we've dropped him from the list.

I'm guessing the mods will message directly on that one. We've got a media profile, mind. The Sun newspaper cover us once in a while, especially when Keith Richards says he's pissed off we've dropped him from the list.

Im sure he just craves the attention

Doesn't one of our regular posters listen to Radio One quite a bit?

What a strange post^^^.

Read the whole thread....it's quite fun.

That was tough going, but brilliant.

Questions. Who was really who? Was BB also BC, if not who was BC and who were they linked to? Was BBC really ITV?

WTF?!? :referee:

I recently got a call from radio1 tendering me to be on a daytime so which links up companys and discuss's topics for the day. I wont mention the presenter but she is scottish and i think quite hot.

The presenter who is "friendly" with Cat Deeley? :referee:

The presenter who is "friendly" with Cat Deeley? :referee:

Are we talking "Rug Munching" or have I got the wrong end of the stick, as it were.

Anyway if i get selected is it worth giving deathlist a shout and see the nations opinions or would it cause to many ranters to potentially destroy what has been created?

Hm... assumedly you're talking about Edith. The various times I've heard the segment you're referring to it's been things like: ways you've ended long-term relationships or most embarrassing location you've found yourself in, the morning following a booze-up. I remember one in particular when the topic was getting on the housing/property ladder (the "guest" was a mortgage advisor at a bank or something); Edith kept repeating how "serious" the topic was, compared to "the usual" subjects discussed. Not quite sure how death would go down as a topic...

I had forgotten about that thread. Now I remember that I miss Bruno.

Hm... assumedly you're talking about Edith. The various times I've heard the segment you're referring to it's been things like: ways you've ended long-term relationships or most embarrassing location you've found yourself in, the morning following a booze-up. I remember one in particular when the topic was getting on the housing/property ladder (the "guest" was a mortgage advisor at a bank or something); Edith kept repeating how "serious" the topic was, compared to "the usual" subjects discussed. Not quite sure how death would go down as a topic...

Yes it is miss Bowman, It wasnt really the concept of death that i thought would be a good topic but the idea of deathlist and maybe if anyone one else has lists such as bingo. We used to play a game called baldy bingo at school, a teacher obviously hairless who we all hated. We all wrote down 5 thing he would say during the lesson. Whoever marked theres all off first won. Needless to say we were all trying to influence the game.

According to wikipedia, Edith Bowman has some sort of heart defect, which could require a full transplant. I'm not a doctor, but I played one on TV, and that sounds kinda serious. Anyone know if there's a shred of truth to this, or is wiki getting its facts from the Man in the Pub again?

And so long as the names of those responsible are kept confidential, it would be pretty cool to listen to discussion about the DL on Radio 1. Their phone lines would probably overheat, the site would be flooded with traffic, and we'd probably get an injunction shutting us down.

I'm not a doctor, but I played one on TV, ........... Anyone know if there's a shred of truth to this, or is wiki getting its facts from the Man in the Pub again?

I don't know, but I'd probably trust you if you were a real Doctor.... or George Clooney for that matter :referee:;)

According to wikipedia, Edith Bowman has some sort of heart defect, which could require a full transplant. I'm not a doctor, but I played one on TV, and that sounds kinda serious. Anyone know if there's a shred of truth to this, or is wiki getting its facts from the Man in the Pub again?

And so long as the names of those responsible are kept confidential, it would be pretty cool to listen to discussion about the DL on Radio 1. Their phone lines would probably overheat, the site would be flooded with traffic, and we'd probably get an injunction shutting us down.

Oh do tell who you played - Dr Kildare? Dr Findlay? Dr Who? Share!

Oh do tell who you played - Dr Kildare? Dr Findlay? Dr Who? Share!

She wasn't a Doctor, although I think Sonny was a scientologist, which is almost the same.

Doesn't one of our regular posters listen to Radio One quite a bit?

What a strange post^^^.

Read the whole thread....it's quite fun.

That was tough going, but brilliant.

Questions. Who was really who? Was BB also BC, if not who was BC and who were they linked to? Was BBC really ITV?

WTF?!? :referee:

Bloody hell just looked at the link!! After that i dont think its very wise if i mentioned DL to edith she really had a problem with Iain! but maybe that could work in my favour and reinvent the image of our site and the members!! Ahh bollocks..... Tell you what tho i wish i was around during Iain's height of power!

So you're an actor Ronnie? Tell us more.

Did you make various appearances on 'ER' or could you just be that nut job from 'House'? But Hugh Laurie isn't British so that doesn't work out.

Tell us Doctor Ronnie. Are you in Scrubs?! It couldn't be.

Slave you're worth it all right now! I was almost positive he was born in Canada. I don't believe he is Hugh Laurie, he better not be. If he is were having a long talk.

"I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV" was a line from a US TV ad for some sort of medical product. It was played straight, as if an actor who played the role of a doctor (on a daytime soap opera no less) should be considered an authorative source on health care. The typical US consumer would no doubt have unquestioningly accepted the guy's Hippocratic credentials and bought the product in large quantities.

It's probably from the same school of copywriting as "Calm down dear, it's only a mouse!" - so crap that it actually sort of works.

I just can't help but crack up after making myself watch this. I don't know if this is the commercial, but I'm sure it's of the same quality.

"I'm not a doctor but I play one on TV" was a line from a US TV ad for some sort of medical product. It was played straight, as if an actor who played the role of a doctor (on a daytime soap opera no less) should be considered an authorative source on health care. The typical US consumer would no doubt have unquestioningly accepted the guy's Hippocratic credentials and bought the product in large quantities.

It's probably from the same school of copywriting as "Calm down dear, it's only a mouse!" - so crap that it actually sort of works.

Damn, I feel a bit of a tit now.