Banshees Scream

UFOs, Space Aliens and the like

9 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

There was about 3 other places I could put this, but anyway. Did anyone go out and watch the aurora where they lived last night? The sun was having a moment and it caused half of Europe and North America to see the northern lights.

I went to a local park at 11pm last night with my dad and it was amazing to see. Apparently it's going to be 30% brighter this evening. Just look north and if possible, go to a place with not a lot of light pollution.

Off to a large expanse of grass some miles from town, I suspect people in central London may be planning to pour water into local electrical transformers to buy the dark skies they need!

10 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

There was about 3 other places I could put this, but anyway. Did anyone go out and watch the aurora where they lived last night? The sun was having a moment and it caused half of Europe and North America to see the northern lights.

I went to a local park at 11pm last night with my dad and it was amazing to see. Apparently it's going to be 30% brighter this evening. Just look north and if possible, go to a place with not a lot of light pollution.

I managed a couple of photos of the event last night. There is a degree of light pollution around me, but the photos came out alright. 

20240510_235903.jpg

20240511_000050.jpg

• Like 8

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Off to a large expanse of grass some miles from town

Buoyed by others abiliity last night (heh, nice PB) and your optimism, I headed for the derby dales which according to this site are the least light polluted within a shout of me.

Sadly all I saw was dimwit farmers silo's and barns lit up like xmas trees or various high beams of other clowns out looking for a place to park and gaze. High stratus clouds probably didn't help.

Still, I gave the car a blast. Which was fun.

Scotland 1 - East Midlands 0.

Oh, and I missed the entire Euro song thing. Another plus - from my point of view anyway, even if not that of a lot hereabouts.

FB_IMG_1715501591190.jpg

• Haha 5

• Haha 2

4798e862-3fc3-4f06-819a-46d1446a2306.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sasnak said:

4798e862-3fc3-4f06-819a-46d1446a2306.jpeg

Have you noticed the people that are posting that meme are the ones that didn't see it? 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Have you noticed the people that are posting that meme are the ones that didn't see it? 

Sorry, I would have gone outside for a look but I was busy snorting coke and getting it on with a couple of hot women. You know how it is, priorities and all that.

Okay the above is BS. It was cloudy in Leicestershire 

• Like 1