Guest wizard

Bob Dylan

Guest wizard

Could it be the that the conscience of a generation is about to die? Could his recently released chronicle be his last? Possible preparations to die? Could be.

His ol' mate Johnny Cash graced the ranks of the 2003 deathlist, could Bobby's time finally be up??

The answer is blowing in the wind...

Well unless you know something i don't, that's gotta be very unlikely - 63 years old, in fine health (as far as we know) and still touring like a trooper...in my opinion it ain't Bob knockin' at heaven's door any time soon :lol:

• Like 1

Guest Guest

well you say that but you've got years of abuse to content with here. it not a straight forward 63. I reackon you've got to to add 50 percent for the lifestyle and in my opinion hes going out on the road, he be pissed off with himself if he didn't..

Guest Arturo Bandini

What the f**k is this!? What are ya'll talkin' about!? He's human, he has a life, if he was part of your family, would you talk about him like this? Geeze, after everything he's done you speak 'bout him like he's a character in a soap opera...

I think he wont get very old... hard life....

but I hope he will be - and hope he'll bring out much more albums such as "time out of mind"

What the f**k is this!?

This is DeathList a site where you can suggest who you think is likely to die fairly soon.

What are ya'll talkin' about!?

We're talking about Bob Dylan in this thread. Some people think he's going to die sooner rather than later. Some people don't agree; myself included.

He's human

Well spotted. Yes he is.

he has a life

Yes he does. If he didn't, he wouldn't warrant being discussed here.

if he was part of your family, would you talk about him like this?

Yes I would.

Geeze

I don't know if that was meant to be Geese or Jeez, either way it's wrong.

after everything he's done you speak 'bout him like he's a character in a soap opera...

That's exactly why we're talking about him. If he was a two-bit nobody then he'd hardly rate a mention, would he? Bob Smith from next door might be on his last legs, but if no-one's heard of him, there's no point in posting it here.

Ah! Great to see that the dying art of rant deconstruction is alive and well. B)

Oxymoron

Guest Guest

Bob Dylan hasn't an ounce of talent. His voice is absolutely horrible and his lyrics are utterly childish. It amazes me that people see him as a legend. This is a guy who found a niche in the 60's and people have elevated him to legend status since. I mean, this guy couldn't get a job singing at a Holiday Inn based upon his talent if he were to start out today. Without a doubt, the least talented celebrity in the world. Another example of the mindless masses following along like sheep.

Without a doubt, the least talented celebrity in the world.

I must protest...

JadeBigBroPA.jpgtara_palmer_tompkinson_203.jpg

Guest Misanthropy-life
Bob Dylan hasn't an ounce of talent. His voice is absolutely horrible and his lyrics are utterly childish. It amazes me that people see him as a legend. This is a guy who found a niche in the 60's and people have elevated him to legend status since. I mean, this guy couldn't get a job singing at a Holiday Inn based upon his talent if he were to start out today. Without a doubt, the least talented celebrity in the world. Another example of the mindless masses following along like sheep.

You just know this 'guest' is gonna be a Cliff Richard fan.

respect all opinions and all that, but this chap is just wrong.

Guest Bill K.

I wish I could say that I have the standing to comment on Bob Dylan (I can't). All I know is that the latter 20th century will truly be over when it's poet laureat -- Bob Dylan -- passes on.

For my part, I hope he lives as long as he wants to.

For my part, I hope he lives as long as he wants to.

I would like to echo those sentiments. Were he to die, the airwaves would no doubt be swamped by his whiney voice for weeks on end, which would be unbearable!

Great songsmith - CAN'T BLOODY SING!!!

Geeze

I don't know if that was meant to be Geese or Jeez, either way it's wrong.

after everything he's done you speak 'bout him like he's a character in a soap opera...

That's exactly why we're talking about him. If he was a two-bit nobody then he'd hardly rate a mention, would he? Bob Smith from next door might be on his last legs, but if no-one's heard of him, there's no point in posting it here.

Perhaps he meant Gee whiz. No not "gee, Cheez Whiz.", just a simple "gee whiz." sort of along the lines of "gee whillickers", or "gee, gosh golly." Are you ever like me and wondering why they settled on Gee instead of Hee, or Lee?

Apparently you've heard of Bob Smith~ come to think of it so have I. He used to be on that oh so charming television program Howdy Doody. What? You don't remembelate the great Buffalo Bob Smith? How about Princess Summerfall Winterspring? Bob Keeshan? The Peanut Gallery?

Guest Binzy

WTF is it ?? You think a musician can survive for 40 years without any talent.....what utter rubbish !! He's truly a legend. His lyrics are powerful and has more meaning in it than the life itself. "Tambourine man", " Blowing in the wind", "Knocking on the heaven's doors", "i'll be your baby tonight" ,"I shall be released","lay lady lay" , "dirge "......etc are matchless creations...........he's truly lving legend.

Bob Dylan hasn't an ounce of talent. His voice is absolutely horrible and his lyrics are utterly childish. It amazes me that people see him as a legend. This is a guy who found a niche in the 60's and people have elevated him to legend status since. I mean, this guy couldn't get a job singing at a Holiday Inn based upon his talent if  he were to start out today. Without a doubt, the least talented celebrity in the world. Another example of the mindless masses following along like sheep.

WTF is it ?? You think a musician can survive for 40 years without any talent.....what utter rubbish !! He's truly a legend. His lyrics are powerful and has more meaning in it than the life itself. "Tambourine man", " Blowing in the wind", "Knocking on the heaven's doors", "i'll be your baby tonight" ,"I shall be released","lay lady lay" , "dirge "......etc are matchless creations...........he's truly lving legend.

Mr Tambourine Man - 1965

Blowin' In The Wind - 1963

Knockin' On Heaven's Door - 1973

I'll Be Your Baby Tonight - 1967

I Shall Be Released - 1971

Lay, Lady, Lay - 1969

Dirge - 1974

All I can say is that the songs you pick to illustrate your view seem more to support the Guest post that he found his niche in the 60's and has survived on it until now.

Now, if you had used the more modern classics, such as

The Times They Are A-Changin' -1964

Like A Rolling Stone - 1965

Just Like A Woman - 1966

All Along The Watchtower - 1967

we might have taken you more seriously (are you sure this list is right - Ed)

Course, I will credit Desire as a great album, and one of GR's favourites as well.

Course, I will credit Desire as a great album, and one of GR's favourites as well.

Id have to add Hurricane to that list of Dylan classics too - it might have got a bit overplayed with that movie a couple of years back but still a classic in my book ;)

I have to say for those who don't think Bob Dylan is much of

a living legend they must not know much about rock n roll.

Dylan had many songs and many hits but even if you diden't

enjoy any of his music he still was a major influence on the

world of rock and roll. His song "Like A Rolling Stone" had

a major influence being that it was mainly the first song

in 1965 or whatever it was that was 6 minutes long.

To tell the truth i really am not the biggest Bob Dylan

fan but you should atleast give him somewhat respect. ;)

His lyrics are often good, but that voice has killed off thousands.

I don't think he tries hard enough musically. He plays harmonica and guitar alright but he doesn't seem to realise there's room for cymbals between his knees and a bass drum on his back.

He's only ever reached half his potential. ;)

Fans of His Bobness might be able to help me with this. I heard a Dylan song on the radio at work recently. It's a long, slow song possibly from Slow Train Coming or somewhere around that time. The chorus goes "Somethin' is happening and you don't know what it is" Any ideas?

Fans of His Bobness might be able to help me with this. I heard a Dylan song on the radio at work recently. It's a long, slow song possibly from Slow Train Coming or somewhere around that time. The chorus goes "Somethin' is happening and you don't know what it is" Any ideas?

Not being a fan, I may be wrong, but it sounds like 'Ballad of A Thin Man' from Highway '61 Revisted.

A little extract...

You walk into the room

With your pencil in your hand

You see somebody naked

And you say, "Who is that man?"

You try so hard

But you don't understand

Just what you'll say

When you get home

Because something is happening here

But you don't know what it is

Do you, Mister Jones?

You raise up your head

And you ask, "Is this where it is?"

And somebody points to you and says

"It's his"

And you say, "What's mine?"

And somebody else says, "Where what is?"

And you say, "Oh my God

Am I here all alone?"

Because something is happening here

But you don't know what it is

Do you, Mister Jones?

and on and on and on ......

Yes I'm sure that's what it was, thank you my little ursine friend.

Guess I was out by 15 years or so.

Could it be the that the conscience of a generation is about to die? Could his recently released chronicle be his last? Possible preparations to die? Could be.

His ol' mate Johnny Cash graced the ranks of the 2003 deathlist, could Bobby's time finally be up??

The answer is blowing in the wind...

No way. he has only missed one gig through ill health in the last 40 years and he looks fine in the upcoming Scorcessee doc.

• Like 1