maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2009

Bad research by me. No chance she can be revived is there?

Yep. I'll shamelessly join in as well, if only because Lei Clijsters has given me a head start (assuming he gets the necessary obit).

Heaven Knows They're Miserable Now

Dai Lllewellyn

Albert Uderzo

Billy Graham

Edwin Morgan

Wendy Richard

Patrick Swayze

Lei Clijsters

Tony Hart

JG Ballard

Bobby Robson

Ted Kennedy

Shaun Greatbatch

Paul Birch

Les Munro

Susan Atkins

Ingvar Kamprad

Abdel Basset Ali al-Megrahi

John Mortimer

Eric Hobsbawm

Norman Wisdom

Yep. I'll shamelessly join in as well, if only because Lei Clijsters has given me a head start (assuming he gets the necessary obit).

So we can wait for people to die, then enter a team, including the dead? This game is easy. I'll go for the Travolta kid.

I wouldn't mind entering but as Pat Hingle as already died, I don't think it would be fair to enter my DDP team on this AFTER he has gone.

So, in the issues of fairness, I'll sit out. Good luck to all teams & MPFC.

Guys

Things are a little more hectic at work over the next fortnight than first anticipated. No big deal and that but please note, I won't have the shitload of time I was expecting next week so I've brought forward the closing date for entries. Owt logged by midnight on Jan 7th goes in, and I'll get the masterlist, scores and the rest up on Thursday afternoon. Before wall to wall work, broken only by a trip to Elland Road on Saturday, takes over.

OoO man, please feel free to join us, hell you do enough managing of deadpools to deserve an easy crack at someone else's. It's not like you have to pick a new team or joker.

I wouldn't mind entering but as Pat Hingle as already died, I don't think it would be fair to enter my DDP team on this AFTER he has gone.

Yeah, I did concede it was shameless. If people feel strongly about this I don't mind forfeiting Clijsters's points, and just going with 19 people.

Why the Devil not.

R.I.P. It Up And Start Again

1. Tony Hart

2. Clarissa Eden

3. Patrick Swayze

4. John Simpson

5. Susan Atkins

6. Ronnie Biggs

7. Fidel Castro

8. Basil D'Oliveira

9. Michael Foot

10.Farrah Fawcett

11. Dai Llewellyn

12. Sir Patrick Moore

13. Sir Bobby Robson

14. Norman Wisdom

15. Vasily Aleksanyan

16. Richard Attenborough

17. Lord Roy Mason

18. Billy Graham

19. Millvina Dean

20. John Mortimer

OK, at the risk of violating innumerable Death Race rules and all sense of sportsmanship and fair play, may I submit the following:

The Hole in the Ground Gang

1 Gertrude Baines

2 Beatrice Farve

3 Kama Chinen

4 Mary Josephine Ray

5 Manuela Fernández-Fojaco

6 Olivia Patricia Thomas

7 Neva Morris

8 Chiyo Shiraishi

9 Tomoji Tanabe

10 Maggie Renfro

11 Henry Allingham

12 Walter Breuning

13 Augusto de Oliveira

14 Jiroemon Kimura

15 Kiyoshi Igarashi

16 Aarne Arvonen

17 Takashi Hattori

18 Harry Patch

19 Susan Atkins

20 Abdelbaset Al-megrahi (aka Lockerbie Bomber)

I didn't pick a DDP team in time, and the above wouldn't have scored very well due to the ages of the first 18 nominees, but if it's all above board MPFC, it's the team I'd like to put forth. The list nobly omits the already deceased.

Yeah, I did concede it was shameless. If people feel strongly about this I don't mind forfeiting Clijsters's points, and just going with 19 people.

Don't see any impropriety here. It's the DDP team anyway, so there would be an evidence trail if anyone tweaked their line up to add a stiff for Deathrace. Raskolnikov's 361 points are already noted, for when we go live on January 8th,

OK, at the risk of violating innumerable Death Race rules and all sense of sportsmanship and fair play, may I submit the following:

The Hole in the Ground Gang

1 Gertrude Baines

2 Beatrice Farve

3 Kama Chinen

4 Mary Josephine Ray

5 Manuela Fernández-Fojaco

6 Olivia Patricia Thomas

7 Neva Morris

8 Chiyo Shiraishi

9 Tomoji Tanabe

10 Maggie Renfro

11 Henry Allingham

12 Walter Breuning

13 Augusto de Oliveira

14 Jiroemon Kimura

15 Kiyoshi Igarashi

16 Aarne Arvonen

17 Takashi Hattori

18 Harry Patch

19 Susan Atkins

20 Abdelbaset Al-megrahi (aka Lockerbie Bomber)

I didn't pick a DDP team in time, and the above wouldn't have scored very well due to the ages of the first 18 nominees, but if it's all above board MPFC, it's the team I'd like to put forth. The list nobly omits the already deceased.

Blimey, a shadow DDP team!

Whatever next? :referee:

Here's mine:

Konstabel Els and his Merry Harbingers

Norman Wisdom

Betty Ford

Leila Denmark

Hugues Cuenod

Ludovic Kennedy

Alfonso Antoniozzi

Milvina Dean

Ernesto Fonseca Carrillo

Alain Robert

Annette Funicello

Larry Hagman

Dai Llewellyn (joker)

Patrick Moore

Patrick Swayze

Felix Baumgartner

Paul Kraus

Claire Rayner

Rev Billy Graham

Jeremy Thorpe

Vasily Aleksanyan

Owt logged by midnight on Jan 7th goes in, and I'll get the masterlist,

Oi MPFC, Can I join in after that date? I don't see my team up yet on the DDP. I'm sure OoO will back up my team when it comes 'live'.

Oi MPFC, Can I join in after that date? I don't see my team up yet on the DDP. I'm sure OoO will back up my team when it comes 'live'.

Post your team here and I'll log it, though I'd appreciate you identifying the joker to save me having to chase you. The point of using the DDP teams is to ensure fair play so people don't just nominate everyone who has died since Jan 1st. So long as your DDP team goes up and matches the 20 you post here that's fine.

Post your team here and I'll log it, though I'd appreciate you identifying the joker to save me having to chase you. The point of using the DDP teams is to ensure fair play so people don't just nominate everyone who has died since Jan 1st. So long as your DDP team goes up and matches the 20 you post here that's fine.

I dont remember my team, but I'm sure Mr Wisdom is my joker

Please MPFC, I'd like in on this one too!

STAB in-the DARK

Abdel Basset Ali Mohmed al-Megrahi

Ronnie Biggs

Fidel Castro

Dominick Dunne

Eddie Fisher

Billy Graham

Sayed Abdul Aziz al-Hakim

Ted Kennedy

Shih Ming-teh

Brian Mulroney

Greg Page

Wendy Richard (Joker)

Sir Bobby Robson

Ariel Sharon

Rev Fred Shuttlesworth

King Norodom Sihanouk

Patrick Swayze

Margaret Thatcher

Zdravko Tolimir

Norman Wisdom

What fun. I make me 7 out of 20

C.A.Daber

lord roy mason

basil d'olivera

norman wisdom joker: j2

sean connery

liz dawn

ruby mohamed

seve ballesteros

cliff mitchelmore

zsa zsa gabor

ted kennedy

ronnie biggs

carl reiner

billy graham

robert mugabe

kirk douglas

margaret thatcher

bobby robson

richard attenborough

jack klugman

patrick moore

celebnamesub: milvena dean

Couldn't be arsed cleaning it up a bit, so copy and paste job done. :referee:

Edit - decided to clean it up a bit :blink:

Edited by heaven can wait

Ha ha ha ha ha. How dim are you not to jot down your team when you submitted it!

Hey OoO - looking forward to seeing your website up and running in the near future!

DWB :referee:

Edit: My joker was Mr. P. Swayze.

Ha ha ha ha ha. How dim are you not to jot down your team when you submitted it!

Hey OoO - looking forward to seeing your website up and running in the near future!

DWB :party:

Edit: My joker was Mr. P. Swayze.

aha. Here we go:

BROWN BREAD

1. Seve Ballesteros

2. Ronnie Biggs

3. Fidel Castro

4. Kirk Douglas

5. Farrah Fawcett

6. Paul Gascoigne

7. Jade Goody

8. Tony Hart

9. Genaro Hernandez

10. Pervez Musharraf

11. Denis Norden

12. Barack Obama

13. Wendy Richard

14. Sir Bobby Robson

15. Yitzhak Shamir

16. Ariel Sharon

17. King Sihanouk

18. Patrick Swayze Joker!

19. Amy Winehouse

20. Sir Norman Wisdom

DWB :)

Okay, the entries are closed. The scoreboard and masterlist are up. The rules are up too, though you'll be doing well to find them at the moment. The rules should appear, as if by magic, amongst the first three posts sometime soon.

On a serious note:

I did my best to be totally accurate but those of you entered may want to double check your teams, jokers etc. If I've made a mistake, just PM me.

You'll note that I decided to let the Cowboy Ronnie shadow team in, and in a mood of New Year bonhomie then went and offered a mate at work an entry as well, it'll be interesting to see if CR or Paul the Postie can trounce the regulars.

Thanks to everyone who's shown an interest, I'm hoping it'll be fast-moving and a different slant on the usual deadpool tensions. This one is all about timing. So-o-o-o.........LET BATTLE COMMENCE!

Joanne Evans local paper, good enough for point scoring on the Deathrace. The biggest points bonanza in our short-lived history, scoreboard update pending.

Bloody Hell, that was a good start

Thanks for adding me MPFC, I totally missed this thread.

Should we get double points for jokers in this game too? I wonder if it's too weighted to someone with an early joker hit. If that is the consensus, then I'd be happy to have some points removed - perhaps only 50/100 point bonus for a joker success?

Dunno...

Bloody Hell, that was a good start

Thanks for adding me MPFC, I totally missed this thread.

Should we get double points for jokers in this game too? I wonder if it's too weighted to someone with an early joker hit. If that is the consensus, then I'd be happy to have some points removed - perhaps only 50/100 point bonus for a joker success?

Dunno...

Nah, always intended it would be a sprint rather than a marathon. Re elderly jokers; using DDP teams - sort of - makes them unlikely. I made sure the two non DDP teams that I accepted didn't have 'instant hit' jokers, so I'd say it's fair.

Be interesting to see if your joker gets national news coverage. I'm guessing she will qualify for DDP points.

Yes, frantically searching the major media, nothing showing up.

Just about to email the news desks of various papers - is that cheating? :ph34r:

Yes, frantically searching the major media, nothing showing up.

Just about to email the news desks of various papers - is that cheating? :ph34r:

Sort of, but when Stefano Borganovo dies, there'll be a message winging it's way to AC Jimbo at The Guardian

and the rest can sort itself out... ;)

We've had the Plymouth Evening Herald as listed earlier.

Now she's in the dizzy heights of The Cornish Times

Can only be a matter of time before it's a front page of The Times with a black border.