Death Watch Beatle

Stephen Hawking

Americans? Not here! Firmly residing in the Square Mile, and as British as queuing, that's us!

A british firm... in the square mile! Are you serious? You mean there are some left.

There are some....of course, that doesn't mean it's not staffed with Aussies, Kiwis and Canadians of course :(

Guest hugeb112

yes stephen Hawkings is truly an unknown mystery the news in my country is that his body has been frozen so when more ideas about the universe come forth his huge ass iq can further on some ideas, or can goven future geniuses

Guest Soul Shaker
There are some....of course, that doesn't mean it's not staffed with Aussies, Kiwis and Canadians of course ;)

That's just the British way- we delegate such menial tasks to the likes of the colonials.

Guest Juan Kerz

Some of the postings in this thread are pretty repugnant, the guilty parties should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. We live in a very strange world: 'racist' jokes cost people to lose there jobs, but mocking the afflicted is quite 'acceptable'...

I love a good joke, but taking the proverbial out of someone who's severely handicapped is absolutely sick. What do you do for fun, throw stones at people with Cerebral Palsy?

Better to mock people with a "comedy" name then, I take it :(

I think it was Jeremy Hardy who said he couldn't believe Stephen Hawking because he never trusted anyone who suffers interference from minicabs.......

Guest Juan Kerz

Oh dear, I can only deduce that you must lead a very lamentable existence; I feel genuinely sorry for you. Like I said, I love a good joke... but you have definite psychological problems that need to be addressed.

If you're under the age of sixteen, then 'fair enough', you'll 'grow-up' one day...

I used to tell similarly sick jokes when I was young and psychologically immature. If you're 21+, then you deserve to be shot!

Mocking the afflicted is the last refuge of the socially inadequate/ (former) child abuse victim. Maybe you're disabled yourself, and you're trying to 'fit in' on the internet. Perhaps your father's dead, and you never avenged the abuse that you suffered; hence your morbid interest in all things necro-related.

Most interesting...

I bet that wasn't the response you anticipated!

I used to think Jeremy Hardy was pretty amusing...until Juan Kurz came along :(

Are Juan Kerz's initials PC by chance ?

Can you die from a Sense Of Humour Bypass ? Here's hoping.

Guest Guest

Sick b@stards.

Don't worry .. you can write 'bastards' in full quite happily without it being censored.

Oh dear, I can only deduce that you must lead a very lamentable existence; I feel genuinely sorry for you. Like I said, I love a good joke... but you have definite psychological problems that need to be addressed.

If you're under the age of sixteen, then 'fair enough', you'll 'grow-up' one day...

I used to tell similarly sick jokes when I was young and psychologically immature. If you're 21+, then you deserve to be shot!

Mocking the afflicted is the last refuge of the socially inadequate/ (former) child abuse victim. Maybe you're disabled yourself, and you're trying to 'fit in' on the internet. Perhaps your father's dead, and you never avenged the abuse that you suffered; hence your morbid interest in all things necro-related.

Hmm, it's true I lead a lamentable existance but not for the reasons alluded to in that tirade ;)

I wish I was under 16, sadly closer to double that which I think qualifies me for grown up but fortunately not canterkerous curmudgeon (just yet). I was unaware that thinking people deserve to be shot was a sign of maturity - here's me with my juvenile pacifism and all!

Having established I'm grown up I would consider it unlikely I could be a current child abuse victim, I don't think I'm disabled (although it's not for me to judge really :D ) and last I checked my father is still going strong. I hope the same can be said of your father, once you have determined who he is.

If you haven't got a morbid interest in all things necro-related, what are you doing hanging around a site with the unambiguous title "The Death List"? What did you think it was for goodness sake? A forum for swapping recipes??

Thank you, I feel better now :(

Guest User Name

Great forum but I have to say taking the piss out of the disabled is pretty lame. Tell a joke about a black person and youll go to jail/lose your job/be osrtacised. Tell a joke about a paralysed peron and its quite alright. Kind of fcked up to be honest. whos the one who cant fight back?

You should know when to draw the line.

Interesting one this, would disabled etc people prefer to be treated differently (i.e. no jokes about them) or are they happy to being integrated into society? I've only ever heard able bodied people complain about disabled jokes - all the disabled people I've met seem to laugh at them and then find something about me to laugh at.

I seem to recall David Baddiel saying about a charity trip to Africa to play football against various sides to raise money for drought hit areas etc that he thought that his team would win easily because all the Africans would be malnourished so wouldn't be able to keep up, but as it turned out they trashed the charity side every time.

Now, this is, in some circles, a sick joke for which David Baddiel should be chastised but he went over to Africa to raise awareness and money for people that he didn't have to or probably would ever meet otherwise. Is it therefore acceptable for him to say this as he quite clearly isn't laughing at them and has done more to help than you or I probably ever will?

Discuss over several pints in your local tonight!

I'm sure Mr. Hawkin's could fight back (at least on the internet, even if it seems he can't in real life), if he should ever find this site and be so bothered. But I would think we're the least of his problems.

Anyway, what sick joke are we supposed to have told ?

That he has a Dalek for a voice box ? Oh wow, we're really hitting low.

Go watch South Park, and be properly offended. I'm sure they have a website you could complain to once you have. That should keep you occupied for a few weeks, and keep them laughing at you for just as long.

i thought he sounded more like a texas instruments speak and spell,

that is correct.

Guest User Name

Thanks for the reply 'The Four Horsemen'- I'll ignore the immature posting which followed yours.

So why's Bernard Manning so 'bad' then? Surely black people want to be integrated into British society...

I would largely agree with your points, if certain jokes were barred by the Thought Police. Anyway, I have told Hawkins jokes myself- but have felt guilty afterwards. I certainly wouldn't leave my jokes on a public forum. I've learnt from it, and feel extremely sorry for people who's quality of life is so restricted. :(

Anyway... like I said- great forum- very unique.

Guest User Name

Amendment:

...I would largely agree with your points, if certain jokes weren't barred by the Thought Police!!

Guest Guest

Have to agree with The Yeti. If Mr. Hawking cared to take on any of us in a battle of wits he'd be the favorite horse.

Guest Guest
Have to agree with The Yeti. If Mr. Hawking cared to take on any of us in a battle of wits he'd be the favorite horse.

Favourite

Guest Guest
i thought he sounded more like a texas instruments speak and spell,

that is correct.

He sounded more like your mum when I had my... down her throat!

Hmm - what a lively thread with some good points made by the forum regulars.

I remember a Jerry Sadowitz joke from a few years ago...

(Something like...)

"Terry Waite - what a c**t! Lend somebody a fiver and you never see em again!" (when Terry was missing, presumed dead in Beirut) :(

Sadowitz was accused of delivering one of most offensive jokes ever, but defended it quite stylishly in a newspaper article. Too bad i cant find that article on the net because I recall it made some relevant points.

Anyway, as I posted a while ago...

In the new issue of Jack magazine, Hawking explains why his voice synthesizer does not share his English accent. "Women," he says, "prefer an American or Scandinavian accent."

This would suggest that Hawking actually has a sense of humour a little more edgy than Juan Kerz and some others posting to this thread

Guest Jack Hough

If the women can see past his condition, I'm sure the voice is immaterial. ;-)

Shaaaaaaall weeeee plaaay a gaaaame? His chat-up line??