Death Watch Beatle

Stephen Hawking

I can tell you that I saw him in Soho two Saturdays ago (corner of Berwick Street and Broadwick Street to be precise) being pushed in his chair by two women who I took to be his wife and daughter.I couldn't tell you if he loooked well or not.

What's the point of this post if you're not going to tell us whether he looked good or not? You should have used this opportunity to inquire about his state of health, thereby providing the DL committee with the knowledge required to include/exclude him from next year's list. Frankly, I am disappointed. <_<

I can tell you that I saw him in Soho two Saturdays ago (corner of Berwick Street and Broadwick Street to be precise) being pushed in his chair by two women who I took to be his wife and daughter.I couldn't tell you if he loooked well or not.

What's the point of this post if you're not going to tell us whether he looked good or not? You should have used this opportunity to inquire about his state of health, thereby providing the DL committee with the knowledge required to include/exclude him from next year's list. Frankly, I am disappointed. <_<

And stand around for 10 minutes while he waits for his voice box machine thing to warm up. I don't think so. Also I don't think his wife/mother/ woman he hangs around Soho with would have appreciated me going up to him and saying

"Excuse me Mr Hawking, no don't ry to get up. I was just wondering if you were planning on dying anytime soon because I belong to a web forum that tries to work out which 50 celebrities are going to peg it this year. In particular I am responding to a request by a rude interfering twat named after a slightly good Rolling Stones song. He can't be bothered to find out if you will die soon himself you see. Anyway how is your geberal health? And , what is the nature of time ?"

If yopu put a little imagination into it you would realise that a man in his condition being in the West End on a Saturday night was a fair indicator of reasonable health. I said he wasn't looking in any particular state of health.

Problem?

And stand around for 10 minutes while he waits for his voice box machine thing to warm up. I don't think so. Also I don't think his wife/mother/ woman he hangs around Soho with would have appreciated me going up to him and saying

"Excuse me Mr Hawking, no don't ry to get up. I was just wondering if you were planning on dying anytime soon because I belong to a web forum that tries to work out which 50 celebrities are going to peg it this year. In particular I am responding to a request by a rude interfering twat named after a slightly good Rolling Stones song. He can't be bothered to find out if you will die soon himself you see. Anyway how is your geberal health? And , what is the nature of time ?"

If yopu put a little imagination into it you would realise that a man in his condition being in the West End on a Saturday night was a fair indicator of reasonable health. I said he wasn't looking in any particular state of health.

Problem?

Ouch. That cut me real deep.

What's the point of this post if you're not going to tell us whether he looked good or not? You should have used this opportunity to inquire about his state of health, thereby providing the DL committee with the knowledge required to include/exclude him from next year's list. Frankly, I am disappointed. :ph34r:

I could agree with SFTD. We aren't here to listen to good news

on a possible DL canidate. When we here bad menecing news

we become quite joyus and we feel like celebrating. Otherwise

if there's any word of them doing well it's like opening a christmas

present and finding nothing inside..

What's the point of this post if you're not going to tell us whether he looked good or not? You should have used this opportunity to inquire about his state of health, thereby providing the DL committee with the knowledge required to include/exclude him from next year's list. Frankly, I am disappointed. :ph34r:

I could agree with SFTD. We aren't here to listen to good news

on a possible DL canidate. When we here bad menecing news

we become quite joyus and we feel like celebrating. Otherwise

if there's any word of them doing well it's like opening a christmas

present and finding nothing inside..

Hence my originally saying that all I can tell you is that he was in Soho the other saturday. Posted in the context of a thread that was already up and running and which didn't seem to have any firm opinion on his demise either.

Maybe there shouldn't be a Hawking thread at all.

Hopefully he will last until at least 2006 so that he can be included on the deathlist.

And he is famous enough - he was on the Simpsons once. :)

And he is famous enough - he was on the Simpsons once. :)

and Futurama:

Stephen Hawking: "Great. The entire universe was destroyed."

Fry: "Destroyed? Then where are we now?"

Al Gore: "I don't know. But I can darn well tell you where we're not: The universe!"

Nichelle Nichols: *sigh* "Eternity with nerds. It's the Pasadena Star Trek convention all over again."

Gary Gygax: "Anyone wanna play Dungeons & Dragons for the next quadrillion years?"

Nichelle Nichols: "Sure, I guess"

Stephen Hawking: "Yes, please."

Deep Blue: "Pawn to rook A."

Al Gore: "I'm a tenth level vice president!"

You don't have to be quite so honest about why your asking about his health. Just say you're a big fan and are wondering when is next book is coming out - and if his wife still beats him up (ohpps).

Mr. Pond may have to lend an extra hand...

:D what about stephen hawkins?? did i read he's not to well?

:D  what about stephen hawkins?? did i read he's not to well?

:D I don't know, what have you heard?

:D Me too, does this mean if his hand stops completely, he will become mute? :D

:D  did i read he's not to well?

:o How should we know what you've been reading :D

Lucky that none of you know how to close tags, or we would all be dazzled :D

:D

Lucky that none of you know how to close tags, or we would all be dazzled :D

Like this?

Rats....! you beat me by seconds :D