Death Watch Beatle

Stephen Hawking

Guest iain

Did you know that Stephen Hawking is the longest surviving person in this country with his disease?By rights he should have died decades ago apparentely!

Did you know that Stephen Hawking is the longest surviving person in this country with his disease?By rights he should have died decades ago apparentely!

Perhaps he did die decades ago but has been too busy to notice ever since.

regards,

Hein

regards,

Hein

Or perhaps he died quite a while ago and his wife controls his wheelchair via remote control, wheeling him into the public domain every now and then to encourage book sales. After all, when was the last time anyone saw him actually saw him move?

regards,

Hein

Or perhaps he died quite a while ago and his wife controls his wheelchair via remote control, wheeling him into the public domain every now and then to encourage book sales. After all, when was the last time anyone saw him actually saw him move?

:lol: Of course if he was dead, she wouldn't have the fun of slapping him around anymore.

Did you know that Stephen Hawking is the longest surviving person in this country with his disease? By rights he should have died decades ago apparentely!

Er, yes ...

Look above you.

Without having read the rest of the thread, Stephen Hawking isn't all that strange of a choice, despite his age (64 on January 8th of next year). When he was 21, he was told that he'd only have two, three years tops with his ALS. Seeing as how he's exceeded his own life expectancy 14 times over, one has to assume that it'll be getting the best of him sooner or later. Also, as we saw with Christopher Reeves in 2004, paralyitcs are such that they can be quickly felled by minor ailments. He got a pressure wound one day and was gone the next.

Having said that, however, I believe that there are far more "qualified" candidates for '06 including, to an extent, Ron Santo (although he's definetely not in my top 15 choices).

That's why we have a forum I suppose. I should go over and read the discussion you've all had. :(

Minus six pages of morality, looks like Mr. Hawkings has pretty much been covered. :(

World Famous (in Germany) artist Jörg Immendorff also has ALS and quite a nice looking wife. Not sure if she beats him up though.

He got into quite a bit of trouble a couple of years ago due to cocaine and prostitutes.

Actually It's just an excuse to post this potato-related picture:

immendorf.jpg

He got into quite a bit of trouble a couple of years ago due to cocaine and prostitutes.

How was that? Did he try to snort a prostitute?

Actually It's just an excuse to post this potato-related picture:

:(

regards,

Hein

One last one, here's my thoughts on Stephen Hawking. On the basis of age alone, he'll only be 64 next year, which sets his base percentage at 30%.

Firtst thing to take into consideration is, of course, his ALS, which adds 17% off the bat, plus 5% for its advanced nature, plus another 5% for being the longest survivor in this history of England. Paralytics are a grave danger, as we saw with Reeves, so there's a 7% on top of that, along with 5% for a treachotomy. Although he's rather young, he has nevertheless had none of the "usual" health problems (stroke, heart attack, illness, pneumonia etc.), and thus has a high chance of surviving his first, if he has any at all, so minus 5%.

Final percentage: 64%

And that's why I don't find him to be all that great of a contender. My point in doing all of this is that if you take what you know about a person and add arbitrary, albiet consistent and reasonable "point" values to the facts, you can get a pretty good estimate.

Does he get any extra points for having flatlined in the last couple weeks?

World Famous (in Germany) artist Jörg Immendorff also has ALS and quite a nice looking wife.

Isn't he the guy from Little Britain

He may be the one that will escape the reaper, if you believe his theories on black holes he may have decided to be sucked into one & reappear in a parallel universe.

he may have decided to be sucked into one & reappear in a parallel universe.

I think that's what Herr Jörg Immendorff was attempting, albeit with cocaine and a prostitute

Guest DanD

I've always wondered why anybody who is paralysed from the waist down would feel the need to procure the services of a postitute. In the name of equality I'm meeting representatives from Channel 4 in the new year for a disabled version of pimp my wheelchair. I'm still waiting for Stephens reply to my invitation to be guest of honour with the added incentive of a chair upgrade with built in jukebox/karaoke machine and a V8 nitrous charged engine.

This man has to die!!! (unless of course Channel 4 decide to proceed with my programme and I need him to present it - he carries a real air about him on the small screen - he's done the Simpsons....) :P

Mild Pacificc air is slowkly spreaduing east accordign to the weathere channel. As for Hawking I wish him a long and healtthy life and look foreawrd to his nexrt contribution to science.

Mild Pacificc air is slowkly spreaduing east accordign to the weathere channel. As for Hawking I wish him a long and healtthy life and look foreawrd to his nexrt contribution to science.

Has someone been drinking?

You'll regret it in the morning.

Unless you can get your hands on an orange Scottish potion known locally as 'the Bru'. :)

Mild Pacificc air is slowkly spreaduing east accordign to the weathere channel.  As for Hawking I wish him a long and healtthy life and look foreawrd to his nexrt contribution to science.

Unless you can get your hands on an orange Scottish potion known locally as 'the Bru'. :)

Drinking lots of water beforehand is an excellent way to avoid a hangover the next day. And by "beforehand," I mean before drinking, before going to bed, etc. etc.

Unless you can get your hands on an orange Scottish potion known locally as 'the Bru'. :lol:

I wonder if "the bru" is one of the reasons men in Glasgow have the shortest life expectancy in Western Europe, I do wonder what they put in that stuff. I suppose consuming vast amounts of heroin and Buckfast Tonic Wine may also have something to do with it. :)

Drinking lots of water beforehand is an excellent way to avoid a hangover the next day. And by "beforehand," I mean before drinking, before going to bed, etc. etc.

And drinking water instead of industrial-strength Slivovitz often helps.

And drinking water instead of industrial-strength Slivovitz often helps.

Everclear is also a popular choice among America's youth these days... ;)

Guest iain
John Kenneth Galbraith, liberal economist (b. 1908)

W. Mark Felt, aka Deep Throat (b. 1913)

Nancy Reagan, former U.S. first lady (b. 1921)

George McGovern, former U.S. Senator and presidential candidate (b. 1922)

Ramsey Clark, former U.S. attorney general and defense attorney for Saddam Hussein (b. 1926)

Boris Yeltsin, former Russian president (b. 1931)

Stephen Hawking, theoretical physicist (b. 1942)

I havent heard from Stephen Hawking for a while..could he be at deaths door allready I wonder?Anyone know any latest news about him?

John Kenneth Galbraith, liberal economist (b. 1908)

W. Mark Felt, aka Deep Throat (b. 1913)

Nancy Reagan, former U.S. first lady (b. 1921)

George McGovern, former U.S. Senator and presidential candidate (b. 1922)

Ramsey Clark, former U.S. attorney general and defense attorney for Saddam Hussein (b. 1926)

Boris Yeltsin, former Russian president (b. 1931)

Stephen Hawking, theoretical physicist (b. 1942)

I havent heard from Stephen Hawking for a while..could he be at deaths door allready I wonder?Anyone know any latest news about him?

channel 4

STEPHEN HAWKING: PROFILE

Tuesday 13 April 2004 10.30pm-11pm; rpt Thursday 15 April 8.30pm-9pm; 2.50am-3.20am

i will be watching that

[Posts moved -- MH]

Edited by Magere Hein