Death in Pixie Boots

Sheikh Down

Hazza bin Sultan dead at 58

• Like 1

No, no, no.

This is Hazza bin Sultan, the son of Sheik Mohamed bin Zayed! The one you found is Hazza bin Zayed, his brother.

• Thanks 1

Hamed Bin Suhail Al Khaili, one of the original friends and bodyguards of UAE founder Sheikh Zayed, prematurely dead at 104.

• Like 1

On 23/05/2024 at 13:04, drol said:

Hamed Bin Suhail Al Khaili, one of the original friends and bodyguards of UAE founder Sheikh Zayed, prematurely dead at 104.

Another of the original bros of Sheikh Zayed, Saeed bin Ahmed Al Otaiba, prematurely dead at 108.

• Like 4

Paging @arghton.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Kuwait’s Salem Al-Ali Al-Sabah (wikidead at 98.

salema.png.9a1b2ef45bffcf419c9d8e92752702d1.png

He always looked so healthy. Definitely taken before his time.

Points for me in Hares and Electoral atleast. And another for the DDP LotM.

Princess Latifa dead. Just says she died on 3rd. No age given.

She was a sister of the current king Salman, and one of his 71 siblings. There can't be more than 5 of the 72 left now?

@drol @arghton, any idea?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Princess Latifa dead. Just says she died on 3rd. No age given.

She was a sister of the current king Salman, and one of his 71 siblings. There can't be more than 5 of the 72 left now?

@drol @arghton, any idea?

I think there's been a bit of discussion on these before, but I can't find it at the moment.

Definitely still alive:

Salman (1935)

Abdul Elah (1939) Former governor who didn't have the most succesful career but has maintained good relations with Salman and crown prince bonesaw. Seems to be in frail health.

Mashour (1942) Minor businessman, father-in-law of crown prince bonesaw

Ahmed bin Abdulaziz (1942) Former Minister, purged in 2020 and under house arrest. With Salman, one of the two remaining of the Sudairi Seven. Seemed in relatively good health before being purged.

Muqrin (1945) Most prominent after Salman. Purged a few years ago and under house arrest.

Might be alive, most of these probably aren't:

Mishari (before 1940-?) son with Bazza. No further information on him on the Arabic or English wikipedias.

Noura (1930) Daughter with Haya

Mashal and "Zubri" (before 1953-?) Daughters(?) with Haya. No birth dates given.

Shaikha or Sheikha (1922) Daughter with a Bani Khalid woman named Mudhi.

Al Anoud (before 1919-?) Daughter with Al Jawhara. Date of birth and death unknown, but her mother died from the Spanish flu in 1919.

In other news, major Emirati royal Humaid bin Rashid Al Nuaimi III seems to be in good health for 93:

I wonder if there are any older prominent Sheikhs now that Salem Al-Ali is dead.

• Like 2

@arghton may I say your knowledge on this forum is really really impressive. I really do bow to your wonderful insights and knowledge along with @Ulitzer95and @drol. I feel like I always learn something new on here thanks to your detailed information.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah (wiki), Prime Minister of Kuwait from 2011 to 2019, dead at 82.

• Like 5