Paul Bearer

The Real World Cup

Well, it's half time in the In-gur-lund game. Looks as if good ole DWB's predictions are coming true. Did you have a line on DW?

This whole affair is so, so England. I love my football but my enthusiasm for the national team is no better than that of the players that represent us. I felt I had wasted two hours of my life watching that dross tonight. I have no doubt we will qualify but will make no friends in doing so.

DWB :evil2:

Tonights game reminded me of the Scotland -v- Peru game in 1978. Boy, we were shite. I suppose you could always say you're undefeated.

Well, it's half time in the In-gur-lund game. Looks as if good ole DWB's predictions are coming true. Did you have a line on DW?

This whole affair is so, so England. I love my football but my enthusiasm for the national team is no better than that of the players that represent us. I felt I had wasted two hours of my life watching that dross tonight. I have no doubt we will qualify but will make no friends in doing so.

Tonights game reminded me of the Scotland -v- Peru game in 1978. Boy, we were shite. I suppose you could always say you're undefeated.

Not only that but we hold a record. This is our tenth no score bore at a world cup, the most by any team in world cup history according to FIFA.

This could well be England's version of Scotland's disasterous 1978 campaign. Hopefully it may change English attitudes to probable success in future tournaments.

As in they have nae chance and should just enjoy the moment.

And get rid of those fucking eyesore flags...

Does this basically mean that England are out of the World Cup?

(I understand that they are not officially out, but realistically speaking...)

Well, so far, so bad.

Tomorrows results

Netherlands 2 Japan 2

Ghana 3 Austrailia 1 (appologies to honez again)

Cameroon 1 Denmark 2

Considering your previous success in prediction I expect a solid Dutch win. I've been told Japan's coach Takeshi Okada is confident his side will win. Should that happen, there's the consolation that the Dutch aren't the only ones to fail miserably at the World Cup.

regards,

Hein

They need to beat Slovenia. Not a given, considering the performances of both sides so far...

They need to beat Slovenia. Not a given, considering the performances of both sides so far...

Is that the only condition?

Not something along the lines of they qualify if the beat Slovenia, but only provided the team x wins or loses to team y?

Not something along the lines of they qualify if the beat Slovenia, but only provided the team x wins or loses to team y?

If they beat Slovenia, they're through regardless. Whether they go through in first or second spot depends on the results and scores.

If they beat Slovenia, they're through regardless. Whether they go through in first or second spot depends on the results and scores.

Ah. I see.Now I can seem knowledgable in real life...

By the way, raise your hand if you find this offensive?

Well, so far, so bad.

Tomorrows results

Netherlands 2 Japan 2

Cameroon 1 Denmark 2

Considering your previous success in prediction I expect a solid Dutch win. I've been told Japan's coach Takeshi Okada is confident his side will win. Should that happen, there's the consolation that the Dutch aren't the only ones to fail miserably at the World Cup.

regards,

Hein

Does 1-0 qualify as a solid Dutch win? I suppose a win is a win.

A win is indeed a win, and I'm delighted with the result. The match was disappointing, though. The Japanese chanches to equalise the score were scary, considering that the Dutch strikers aren't exactly productive. I should've put Sneijder in my fantasy football team. I'll swap him for Van Persie as soon as I can.

regards,

Hein

A win is indeed a win, and I'm delighted with the result. The match was disappointing, though. The Japanese chanches to equalise the score were scary, considering that the Dutch strikers aren't exactly productive. I should've put Sneijder in my fantasy football team. I'll swap him for Van Persie as soon as I can.

regards,

Hein

I did have Schneider in my team and was celebrating my first goal of the campaign only to find out I'd swapped him out for Mascherano. Damn rotation policy!

Here we go with tomorrows scores - law of average, I must get at least another one right. (maybe)

Slovakia 1 Paraguay 1

Italy 6 New Zealand 0

Brazil 4 Ivory coast 1

Edited by heaven can wait
changed my mind - went for 6 instead of 5

Well, so far, so bad.

Tomorrows results

Netherlands 2 Japan 2

Cameroon 1 Denmark 2

Holy shit! Result!!!!! 2 correct predictions out of about 30 (ish) games. :evil2:

Germans will have an anti-climax from the Australian demolition and the Serbs will sneak a draw - 1-1.

USA to find themselves in a good position to qualify 1-0 against Slovenia

Ingerland vs Algeria: Why do I think this has echoes of Monterrey 1986? 0-0 anybody?

oh alright, 2-0 to Ingerland then!

Should have stuck to my original prediction then..

By the way, raise your hand if you find this offensive?

What? Do we find the tee-shirt offensive, the fact that the shops were visited by the plod, or the article? You really need to be a little more precise Mr Windsor.

Just for the record, I think the shirts are great, the fact you can buy them in stores on the High Street is great, but the plod wasting their time on it is ridiculous.

OK, England were crap, but what are German, French and Italian fans saying about their teams?

I can't believe the white flag waving surrender monkeys actually drew with the minnows of New Zealand. FFS. Next predictions comming up soon.

Guest strangeronthedoor

i no england will win .

Portugal 2 N Korea 3

Chile 1 Switzerland 0

Spain 3 Honduras 0

Portugal 2 N Korea 3

Chile 1 Switzerland 0

Spain 3 Honduras 0

HCW how can you put yourself through this ritual humiliation day after day? Must be like playing for England.

Portugal 2 N Korea 3

Chile 1 Switzerland 0

Spain 3 Honduras 0

HCW how can you put yourself through this ritual humiliation day after day? Must be like playing for England.

I guess I have too much time on my hands.

i no england will win .

Five words, four mistakes and misspelled your own moniker (or you like standing on doors).

A definite, dyed-in-the-wool England fan.

i no england will win .

Five words, four mistakes and misspelled your own moniker (or you like standing on doors).

Five mistakes, England won't win.

i no england will win .

Five mistakes, England won't win.

Not sure about the misspelled moniker, He could be known as Strange Ron - the Door.