GAME ON ...

FORT WILLIAM FC v TURRIFF UTD
Press & Journal Highland League
Saturday, 28th April 2018
Claggan Park, Fort William
3pm kick-off

So, the good news - Fort scored three goals today

The bad news - Turriff scored seven!

With one game to go Fort can't escape bottom place and have a goal difference of -153

Looks like me and MPFC will still be able to have our regular meetings here for the next season, at least.

LEAGUE DECISION ...

Following many months of meetings and discussions involving Management, Players, Directors, Committee and members of the public, the Club have taken the decision to continue their journey in the Scottish Highland Football League.

As a result of these meetings, the Club have secured new Directors and several new Committee members who, along with the existing Board and Committee, will help run the Club.

Preparation has already begun for the 2018/19 Season.

FORT WILLIAM FOOTBALL CLUB

• Thanks 2

But Paul, that's only half the battle I heard.

Depending on who goes up the pyramid, it might leave the HL with an odd number of teams, and The Fort might have been getting hosed anyways.

Plus a severe lack of players.

Hopefully they survive but if not we can to the West Wales Raiders of league one rugby

Highland league used to have 15 teams in it when I got into football iirc? With Fort rock bottom, of course. If that's an issue, Banks 'o Dee applied in 2009, or there's Deveronside (Banff) who voted to join the league or just replace Cove with another Aberdeenshire club. I vote for Theologians, based on the name alone. :D

• Haha 1

Aye, but the rumour was it would be used as the excuse to get rid of the Fort.

Lot of players bussed in from afar as is.

* Aberdeen is NOT, and never will be in The Highlands.....

^ That's as may be but Cove Rangers (ie the champs who might go up) are from Aberdeen iirc

Whit is it msc ???

Aberdeen city isn't in Aberdeenshire?

Or something like that.

GAME ON ...

Come along and support the Team in the last league game of this Season.

FORT WILLIAM FC v KEITH FC
Press & Journal Highland League
Wednesday, 2nd May 2018
Claggan Park, Fort William
8pm kick-off

I stand corrected!

Aberdeenshire Council is headquartered at Woodhill House, in Aberdeen, making it the only Scottish council whose headquarters are located outside its jurisdiction. Aberdeen itself forms a different council area (Aberdeen City).

Well, that's just needlessly complicated. :D

Only been in that neck of the woods once in my life, on way to see a game in Peterhead. And time in what I was going to say was a nearby pub, only Google tells me its nearly 60 miles away and shut now. Anyhow, I digress...

• Thanks 1

Cheers. And I think there's more than that from memory.

Nah, that was it.

Aberdeen isn't in Aberdeenshire.

Aberdeenshire Council is in Aberdeen.

3 hours ago, Deathray said:

Hopefully they survive but if not we can to the West Wales Raiders of league one rugby

Speak to me of these Raiders

I know they're so bad Whitehaven actually look forward to those games, but how bad, exactly, are they?

Further to the post above

West Wales Rangers are bottom of the league - five games in - scored 26, conceded 432 (pts difference - 406)

Our kinda guys and busy when the Fort are in close season

41 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Speak to me of these Raiders

I know they're so bad Whitehaven actually look forward to those games, but how bad, exactly, are they?

As you've pointed out into your post, pretty bad. Suffered a world record 144-0 defeat at the weekend, a pretty staggering points difference of -406 and PA of 432. Have played 5 games and lost 5.

Current Scoresheet

West Wales Raiders v Newcastle Thunder - POSTPONED

West Wales Raiders v Doncaster POSTPONED

Working Town 74 v 6 West Wales Raiders

West Wales Raiders v Coventry Bears POSTPONED

West Wales Raiders 6 v 54 North Wales Crusaders

London Skolars 76 v 8 West Wales Raiders

Whitehaven 84 v 6 West Wales Raiders

York City Knights 144 v 0 West Wales Raiders (World Record Defeat)

In another note their head coach Jon Ellis has been "released with immediate effect" following their world record defeat, will be interesting to see if this makes things slightly better for the team or as I personally predict leads to them breaking their own world record in a few weeks....

If a mod wants to move this discussion to a new thread feel free, although I think it fits the fort william theme. And as msc they're actually playing for the next few months unlike FWFC.

Final game gives us a 3-3 draw against Keith.  YAY!!!!!!?

11 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

Final game!

PA - they're back in action next season, for us to enjoy. 

If I'm getting the gist of the news posted above about their survival correct there are new directors coming into place but nobody is expecting a massive increase in the playing budget, huge crowds or indeed much of anything beyond continuation. 

12 hours ago, Deathray said:

As you've pointed out into your post, pretty bad. Suffered a world record 144-0 defeat at the weekend, a pretty staggering points difference of -406 and PA of 432. Have played 5 games and lost 5.

Current Scoresheet

West Wales Raiders v Newcastle Thunder - POSTPONED

West Wales Raiders v Doncaster POSTPONED

Working Town 74 v 6 West Wales Raiders

West Wales Raiders v Coventry Bears POSTPONED

West Wales Raiders 6 v 54 North Wales Crusaders

London Skolars 76 v 8 West Wales Raiders

Whitehaven 84 v 6 West Wales Raiders

York City Knights 144 v 0 West Wales Raiders (World Record Defeat)

In another note their head coach Jon Ellis has been "released with immediate effect" following their world record defeat, will be interesting to see if this makes things slightly better for the team or as I personally predict leads to them breaking their own world record in a few weeks....

If a mod wants to move this discussion to a new thread feel free, although I think it fits the fort william theme. And as msc they're actually playing for the next few months unlike FWFC.

First off there's an agreeable and amusing typo up there. Working Town!

Workington is commonly understood to mean working town. funny because it's been an unemployment blackspot since the steelworks closed in 1982. 

Secondly, there's a serious question here. Is there any percentage in opening up this thread to general ironic appreciation of ongoing sports calamities? I mean, the cosy tete and tete sessions I've been enjoying with PA might become a little more crowded, but I could live with it.

11 hours ago, Paul Bearer said:

7 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Final game!

PA - they're back in action next season, for us to enjoy. 

If I'm getting the gist of the news posted above about their survival correct there are new directors coming into place but nobody is expecting a massive increase in the playing budget, huge crowds or indeed much of anything beyond continuation. 

Sorry, I meant final game of this season. 

I think next season may be more entertaining.

Whos PA?  Or perhaps should have read Pah!? 

Just now, Paul Bearer said:

Sorry, I meant final game of this season. 

I think next season may be more entertaining. 

Indeed fella - I'm telling you now if I ever scoop a Euromillions jackpot I'll stand about a dozen lucky souls a DLCon including a game at Claggan Park. My last visit was August 1996, so it's about time I did summat about that.

The odds against that DLCon occurring and probably about the same as those against the Fort gaining promotion to League Two in Scotland, right?

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

The odds against that DLCon occurring and probably about the same as those against the Fort gaining promotion to League Two in Scotland, right?

The odds against you winning the euromillions are about the same as FW getting promotion. 

• Like 1

Hi all the Fort William Youths Award Ceremony and race night will be held on Sat 23rd June at Fort William golf club.

Please make a note in your diary so that you can attend this fantastic event.

Remember this night is not only a cracking social evening and celebration of the season, but an opportunity for you to help support the club's finances as we prepare for next season.

Details to be confirmed, but the race night will start after the awards and so likely be 8 to 10pm. The boys will be welcome to stay with their parent / guardian for the race night.
We are fortunate to have boys from p3 up to u17s involved in the club now and so current thoughts are to have the awards ceremony for the p3s and p4s from 6 to 7pm and the rest straight after.

As well as the race night we'll have a raffle. The race night prizes / sponsors is being sorted separately, but if anybody is able offer a raffle prize please PM me.

FW Youth FC

Wonder if we should send up some DL merch to raffle? 

6 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Hi all the Fort William Youths Award Ceremony and race night will be held on Sat 23rd June at Fort William golf club.

Please make a note in your diary so that you can attend this fantastic event.

Remember this night is not only a cracking social evening and celebration of the season, but an opportunity for you to help support the club's finances as we prepare for next season.

Details to be confirmed, but the race night will start after the awards and so likely be 8 to 10pm. The boys will be welcome to stay with their parent / guardian for the race night.
We are fortunate to have boys from p3 up to u17s involved in the club now and so current thoughts are to have the awards ceremony for the p3s and p4s from 6 to 7pm and the rest straight after.

As well as the race night we'll have a raffle. The race night prizes / sponsors is being sorted separately, but if anybody is able offer a raffle prize please PM me.

FW Youth FC

Wonder if we should send up some DL merch to raffle? 

So none of the squad are on World Cup duty, then

• Haha 1