Sign in to follow this  
Spade_Cooley

Utter Wastes Of A Dead Pool Pick, 2010

Chopper Read/Reed/whatever: Why did I listen to this earless Ozzie gobshite telling the newspaper "yeah, I've got cirrhosis of the liver, totally only got 18 months to live, y'all" and then rub my hands when he cancelled a tour of the UK with "health issues"? Does that really increase your hardman steez, people thinking that your liver can't process any alcohol?

Dawood Ibrahim/Toto Riina: This is what I get for being one of those tragic fucks who only reads books about organised crime in order to make themselves think "yeah, there's some similarities between the life of me and the life of Lucky Luciano, totally". No matter how many heart attacks these crazy kids have, they're not going anywhere.

Dump Matsumoto: What I get for sourcing a dead pool pick predicated entirely on one message board posting on a wrestling board saying "I just read in Japan that Dump Matsumoto has terminal cancer", despite no other corroborating evidence.

Do share your own.

Chopper Read/Reed/whatever: Why did I listen to this earless Ozzie gobshite telling the newspaper "yeah, I've got cirrhosis of the liver, totally only got 18 months to live, y'all" and then rub my hands when he cancelled a tour of the UK with "health issues"? Does that really increase your hardman steez, people thinking that your liver can't process any alcohol?

Dawood Ibrahim/Toto Riina: This is what I get for being one of those tragic fucks who only reads books about organised crime in order to make themselves think "yeah, there's some similarities between the life of me and the life of Lucky Luciano, totally". No matter how many heart attacks these crazy kids have, they're not going anywhere.

Dump Matsumoto: What I get for sourcing a dead pool pick predicated entirely on one message board posting on a wrestling board saying "I just read in Japan that Dump Matsumoto has terminal cancer", despite no other corroborating evidence.

Do share your own.

I have Lisa Ray (who now seems to be completely cured?) as my DDP-joker.

I am also wondering if Nijmeijer was such a great pick, seeing that a lot of corpses can get lost (and remain unnoticed) in that FARC-jungle.

Atleast i had a strong pick with Simon Monjack

I have Sonia Sotomayor as a purposeful throw-away pick.

EDIT: I chose Sotomayor to add some spice to my team.

I'd say Raymond Hewlett and Joe Stone were absolute wastes, since neither was breating on 1 Jan and neither had been reported dead in the press.

I'm planning a minor memorial to Hewlett next year. Watch this space.....or somewhere nearby.

Most of mine it would seem. Still, I'll stick with them, its only a matter of time.

Abdelbaset Al-megrahi appears to have been a waste, as he's as fit and healthy now as he was when he was released (or possibly more so).

Ginsburg

Hallenga

Borgonovo

All let me down so far...

Sophie Anderton, Blake Fielder-Civil, Courtney Love - in fact all my team except the ones who have died.