Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2014

When I click on "View New Posts", for some reason this thread never appears in the list. Does this happen for anyone else?

I have done some number crunching.

In 2013 there were 171 individuals picked on Deathrace teams.

11 of them were scored points within the game which ended on day 55 (05th Mar)

Of the remaining 160 picks 39 died during the remainder of 2013 and another 14 of them have died in 2014.

So far in 2014 there have been 30 scoring deaths so we are reasonable compared with last year in number terms.

However none of this answers the questions as to whether we will get over the finish line.

Of the remaining 160 picks 39 died during the remainder of 2013 and another 14 of them have died in 2014.

So far in 2014 there have been 30 scoring deaths so we are reasonable compared with last year in number terms.

However none of this answers the questions as to whether we will get over the finish line.

Awesome, if we ever get sponsorship for this event you'll be first on salary. My - non-number crunching - take on this is to suggest that the fancied big hitters have really let us down. Deathraces get one when one or two bankers fall and bring a handful of potential winners up to a high score, at which point their unique picks do the rest. Our current failure is down to Wilko, Billy Graham and a few others not doing the business and one or two more - like Farmiloe - doing it later than expected. I think we will get a winner, but not until the autumn.

• Like 1

Awesome, if we ever get sponsorship for this event you'll be first on salary. My - non-number crunching - take on this is to suggest that the fancied big hitters have really let us down. Deathraces get one when one or two bankers fall and bring a handful of potential winners up to a high score, at which point their unique picks do the rest. Our current failure is down to Wilko, Billy Graham and a few others not doing the business and one or two more - like Farmiloe - doing it later than expected. I think we will get a winner, but not until the autumn.

This year there are 190 picks so we have a bigger pool to draw from. On a pro-rata basis we should be on 32 deaths by now so we are slightly behind but a lot of deaths last year came in very late. A few other noticable spoilers are Clive James and the collection of supercentarians who at this very moment are probably planning to release a collective work out fitness video.

This year there are 190 picks so we have a bigger pool to draw from. On a pro-rata basis we should be on 32 deaths by now so we are slightly behind but a lot of deaths last year came in very late. A few other noticable spoilers are Clive James and the collection of supercentarians who at this very moment are probably planning to release a collective work out fitness video.

I need to revise that number down by one to 189 as Alice Herz-Sommer was under both H & S. I still think we should be at 32 for the year and 55 by the end of the year.

FFS!! That's a genius idea, it would clean up in the Christmas market.

I need to revise that number down by one to 189 as Alice Herz-Sommer was under both H & S. I still think we should be at 32 for the year and 55 by the end of the year.

Interesting spot Biblio... I checked and points were only awarded for the second listing for Chorizo. I think Alice Herz-Sommer's points put me at a point where I only need one more death to win, not three...

Interesting spot Biblio... I checked and points were only awarded for the second listing for Chorizo. I think Alice Herz-Sommer's points put me at a point where I only need one more death to win, not three...

Apologies. seriously remiss and now remedied so's di sits atop the listings with 1960 points. 54 short of a winning total. ONE death away from glory, or summat.

When we get the multi-million pound Deathrace TV show I could be Richard Osman to your Alexander Armstong.

When we get the multi-million pound Deathrace TV show I could be Richard Osman to your Alexander Armstong.

I would have replied sooner but the sponteneous sexual pleasure I experienced on reading your post obliged a change of underwear on my part (heh heh). I'd say our chances of the above are marginally better than Alan Partridge's desperate attempts to pitch monkey tennis to a television producer. For better or worse this site is probs our true home.

• Like 1

You probably don't want to hear this right now but did you award points to dk for Aldofo Suarez because as far as I can see his name is missing from the carkers that count list.

Doesn't affect the overall result and doesn't do me any good as it puts him further out of my reach.

Cheers for the above, DK is now mid-table/four digits on the scoreboard.

On a related matter, the first 2015 Deathrace team has just been entered.

Closing date 30th December for everyone else!

Just wait till Amorth needs his own exorcism, Frank gets Bough'd, Ferlinghetti beats off, and Kessler reunites with his Soviet buddies - then we'll have a winner alright!

(I know, I know, he's not in the bottom few one year and he gets ideas above his station...)

All of these events are yet to happen, but Chapman did get Pincher'd, so that'll be more points to me.

On a related matter, the first 2015 Deathrace team has just been entered.

Closing date 30th December for everyone else!

To be fair I have drafted my list for next year but I am expecting to revise it substantially before December.

Pincher points duly awarded and the current standings now fully amended and copied below:

Scoreboard

Death Impends – 1960

Rotten Ali - 1609

The Engineer - 1494

Maryportfuncity – 1332

MSC – 1219

Damon Killian – 1046

Book – 996

Estuarian Float – 974

Toast - 870

Time – 823

Captain Chorizo - 685

Bibliogryphon – 673

Uschi – 669

Whitehouse - 515

Just spent a couple of days dodging heavy showers whilst mountain biking through Norfolk forests. Did I miss any qualifying Deathrace deaths?

Raymond Gravel seems likely. (recently been to hospital, little news since)

The race has finally concluded as Raymond's heading into the gravel.

Indeed, giving DI 2102 points and a clear lead as he crosses the line with nobody else in sight.

Congratulations are due all round.

DI message me please once you've decided whether to go the consumer goods route and take a physical prize, or whether you'd like a small charity donation made on your behalf to mark the well fought winning Deathrace campaign.

• Like 2

Indeed, giving DI 2102 points and a clear lead as he crosses the line with nobody else in sight.

DI message me please once you've decided whether to go the consumer goods route and take a physical prize, or whether you'd like a small charity donation made on your behalf to mark the well fought winning Deathrace campaign.

So Kathleen Ollerenshaw doesn't get her points included.

Now the race is over they will be dying in droves.

So Kathleen Ollerenshaw doesn't get her points included.

Now the race is over they will be dying in droves.

Apologies, came back and was still playing catch up from a brief holiday.

Reet, the final reckoning including 143 new pts for MSC.

Scoreboard

Death Impends – 2102

Rotten Ali - 1609

The Engineer - 1494

MSC – 1362

Maryportfuncity – 1332

Damon Killian – 1046

Book – 996

Estuarian Float – 974

Toast - 870

Time – 823

Captain Chorizo - 685

Bibliogryphon – 673

Uschi – 669

Whitehouse - 515

Please pour congratulations on our deserving winner (who has chosen a charity donation and is considering the lucky animal charity to benefit by around a tenner).

Assuming myself and the Deathlist continue in business for a few more months entries for the 2015 Deathrace will close at midnight on December 30th.

• Like 1

Death Impends has made the highly commendable decision to have a donation made to the UK's Cats Protection League as a celebration of his winning performance, meaning every winner from the second competition onwards has chosen an admirable and public spirited prize. This fact should be regularly celebrated on the Irate Visitors thread. £10 will be donated tomorrow, I guarantee.

C'mon guys, post some admiration for Death Impends on this thread and then allow it to slowly sink down the listings.

• Like 2

OK. Well done DI.

• Like 1

Death Impends has made the highly commendable decision to have a donation made to the UK's Cats Protection League as a celebration of his winning performance, meaning every winner from the second competition onwards has chosen an admirable and public spirited prize. This fact should be regularly celebrated on the Irate Visitors thread. £10 will be donated tomorrow, I guarantee.

C'mon guys, post some admiration for Death Impends on this thread and then allow it to slowly sink down the listings.

But there is only 138 days until Deathrace 2015 starts.

Have Sky Sports been in touch yet?

Well done DI!