Moosey

Billy Smart

Anyone heard anything about Mr Smart's current status? :referee:

From what's been discussed here previously, he was supposedly at death's door.

News anyone?

News anyone?

He may have "big topped" himself.....?

News anyone?

Or he's in "in-tent-sive" care...

wow, I'm on a roll....

Guest Marcus22
:old: you know nothing!!! my uncle Billy is  doing    just fine!!

sickos like you get a job and am surprised you can afford newspapers on benefits!

Smart family

I can only speak for myself, not the rest of the "sickos" on this list, but I for one do know something, I have a job, I am not on benefit and I can afford newspapers thank you very much.

Incidentally, barging in on a forum as a guest and refering to the posters as "sickos" in your first post would generally be regarded as poor form. If you'd taken the time to look around the forum, you'd see that we wish Mr Smart no ill will, we are just debating the extent of his illness. If his prognosis really is as good as you say, then surely you should feel glad and even a little proud that your uncle's reputation and general standing in life achievements has meant that he's being discussed on this forum, in all corners of the globe. Something most of us will never achieve, yourself included.

P.S. One of the things I do know, is that "I am" or "I'm" is usually spelled like that. Not "am."

P.P.S. Another one of the things I know, which you may also be interested to learn, is that sentences usually start with a capital letter. I hope that helps.

P.P.P.S. And whilst I'm at it, I may as well point out that you seem to be missing the words "need" and "to" in your sentence for it to make sense. If you are going to rant, at least you could try to make it look like you're semi-literate, nephew Smart.

Well I am not apologising for my grammatical errors, but to be a member of a sick organisation needs an apology in its self.

I saw him recently and he is doing very well and should be taken off this disgusting list.

As for yourself, your life must be very sad joining this group! I only stumbled across you sad people whilst going through a search engine.

Maybe one day you may be on here?? i doubt it.

I saw him recently and he is doing very well and should be taken off this disgusting list.

Hes not on the list chief..

But theres always 2006. . .

Well I am not apologising for my grammatical errors..

As for yourself, your life must be very sad joining this group! I only stumbled across you sad people whilst going through a search engine.

We're so glad you don't feel the need to apologise, Mr Marcus.

Using the singular form of address instead of the plural is a commonly made mistake.

As is repetition of adjectives.

• Haha 1

Stylistically very weak, certainly.

Such rank literary ineptitude would probably have detracted considerably from the impact of your remarks, had they been of any worth in the first place.

Just searching on the internet for references for your sickly famous uncle, no doubt. Then you go to those sites and abuse people who you disagree with.

And you think we're the sad ones. :old:

Poor Billy's gone I'm afraid....

Gone where? :o

Only God knows that.....

Is he a big circus fan then?

Yes, he loves it. There's a reference in the bible somewhere but I can't quite find it.

As reported by the Guardian:

Billy Smart Jr, one of Britain's circus legends who once tamed a frisky herd of performing elephants when they stampeded in the ring in response to a too-loud Gypsy number, died yesterday, aged 71.

Smart, familiar in the gossip columns of the 50s and 60s as an eligible bachelor, belonged to the golden age of circus when the family firm could tour with a four-mast, 6,000-seat big top and attract 22 million viewers to one of its television shows.

attract 22 million viewers to one of its television shows.

I remember watching it on our telly in the days of monochrome. It seemed to be on every Saturday.

I remember watching it on our telly in the days of monochrome. It seemed to be on every Saturday.

What colour were the elephants on a monochrome telly then?

They weren't any colour at all ... they were monochrome

They weren't any colour at all ... they were monochrome

Very good smartypants... :o

smartypants... :o

Very good. Intentional of course :o .

No

I'm not normally one to blow my own trumpet, but...

Billy Smart, heir to the £30m circus fortune, is 70, mentally confused  & terminally affected with small cell carcinoma lung cancer.

The Sunday Times reports that he has already outlived doctors' expectations and could die within 6 weeks.  :o

A rock-solid nominee for 2005, surely (if he passes the famousness test).

I told you so, you know.

Billy could have been hit number 6 on the year, but instead you went and padded the list out with fit & disappointingly healthy people like Herbert Lom. (Go on Herb, pop your clogs & prove me wrong!)

*Sigh*

Nobody listens to a word I say.

Although, for balance, I should confess that Maradonna's was my pick of the year for 2005 & he's now supposedly fitter than he's been in ages. The bastard.

smartypants... ;)

Very good. Intentional of course ;) .

What's intentional? ;)

Guest linky

Billy Smart was one of Windsors greatest residents and poorly traeted by the local council. I remember the problems they gave him when he tried to improve the Safari park and when he tried bringing his circus to town. He did more for our town than most of our local dignatories, and i feel the statue that stood outside his winter quarters should have replaced the one of Queen Vic outside the castle gates.

Guest linky
Good afternoon, from one of the corners of the Earth

Are you a member of the 'Flat Earth Society'?

I notice that you have a William Pitt quote. Did you know that Billy Smart once owned Pitts house for quite a considerable time but was persecutted out by the local council who did everything they could to restrict one of his greatest buisness ventures