Gooseberry Crumble

Rosalynn Carter

My favorite first lady and the only likeable famous person who shared my birthday...sad to see her go. At least she didn't have to spend a single day without the love of her life. Think the main reason Jimmy held on as long as he did (other than his exceptional genes, of course) was to spare her the sorrow of having to see him die. Or maybe that's just what my romantic soul wants to think. In any case, 77 years of marriage is something most of us will never be lucky enough to even come close to. So her and Jimmy is really as good as it gets. Rest in peace, Rosalynn :(

• Like 7

On 20/11/2023 at 01:37, Lafaucheuse said:

Actually, not sure his death is imminent. At this point i can see him reach 2024 but it’ll be difficult. I think he’ll be surrounded by all his family and everything more than ever… 

was trying to figure out the reaction of the family When they learnt that Rosalynn was the first one to go. That is still wild to me 

Jimmy will not cope her passing. He is 99 and in hospice care since February, he is at the imminent end of his life. I think that he will not attend the funeral of his wife, he is too much frail or maybe he will attend in wheelchair and in poor health and in these case it will be his last public apparition. I think, in one month, he will be at rest with his wife. I think Jimmy will joins his partner into the grave much faster than Queen Elizabeth joining Prince Philip or George Bush Sr joining Barbara Bush. 

• Like 5

On 19/11/2023 at 15:47, chiesa52 said:

You got your wish.

It wasn’t really a wish per se; I was just thinking of the mental anguish she would go through of being retold of her husbands death day in and day out. 

Lesser of the two even though I can’t imagine the sense of loss Jimmy is feeling right now. 

77 years of marriage. That is one for the ages. 

• Like 5

On 20/11/2023 at 10:34, The Daredevil said:

Laura Bush now assumes the title as oldest living former First Lady of the United States.

5 US Presidents are currently older than the oldest living former First Lady: Carter, Biden, Trump, Bush Jr and Clinton.

The Carter's marriage also went for longer than any of the living First Ladies' current lifespans.

• Like 4
  • Shocked 1