Sign in to follow this  
Guest Guest_Billy The Squid

James Doohan

Well, didn't take long for some wee Scottish numpty to jump on the bandwagon

Scotty was born here!

Shouldn't that read: Scotty will be born here?

regards,

Hein

Or even : Scotty will have been born here...?

or Scotty will have going to be born there?

I am convinced that the English language is already up to this challenge.

I make it:

"Scott, had he been going to have existed, would have been going to have been born here"

Someone should write a book on the subject.

Someone of a literary bent, and with a passion for grammar bordering on obsession, perhaps.

How about it Banshees?

Someone of a literary bent, and with a passion for grammar bordering on obsession, perhaps.

How about it Banshees?

According to Douglas Adams this book, had it been going to have been written, would have been going to have already been written by Dr Dan Streetmentioner:

[T]he main

work to consult in this matter is Dr Dan Streetmentioner's Time

Traveller's Handbook of 1001 Tense Formations. It will tell you

for instance how to describe something that was about to happen

to you in the past before you avoided it by time-jumping forward

two days in order to avoid it.  The event will be described

differently according to whether you are talking about it from

the standpoint of your own natural  time, from a time in the

further future, or a time in the further past and is further

complicated by the possibility of conducting conversations whilst

you are actually travelling from one time to another with the

intention of becoming your own father or mother.

My head hurts. :lol:

regards,

Hein

Doohan's wife plans to send the actor's ashes into space via the private launch service that carried Roddenberry's remains into orbit after his 1991 death.

Perhaps they could do the same for William Shatners' hairpiece, or even his Bassoon.

The locations of several other bassoons that could profitably be included in this incineration and expulsion are available upon application. :D

July 20, 2005 - James Doohan passed away at 5:30 am PST, pneumonia and alzheimers. "to boldly go where no man has gone"

Can I point out that he has gone where a lot of men (and women, and, well just about every other damn living thing in the universe) have gone before.

And those that haven't, will go soon enough.

Like the likes of you reading this. :D

And those that haven't, will go soon enough.

Like the likes of you reading this. :D

What!? Damn!

Guest Jabba

Yes!!! Doohan is DEAD finally! Chalk up another one for deathlist.com. I'm marking off next week on my calendar so I can dance on his grave partake in the festivities!!!

Seriously, though. There are plenty of people on this list who I hope don't die. And I'll miss old Scotty... I didn't even know he was that old. Boy, I bet if his relatives see this, they'll mail the webmaster a dead fish.

Yes!!! Doohan is DEAD finally! Chalk up another one for deathlist.com. I'm marking off next week on my calendar so I can dance on his grave partake in the festivities!!!

I don't think it will be the webmaster who is getting the dead fish.

If you want to dance on his grave - good luck to you. He's being blasted into space (aparently) so I hope you are a multi-millionaire.

Boy, I bet if his relatives see this, they'll mail the webmaster a dead fish.

Huh? Why would they send him a dead fish? Makes no sense at all but then again neither do you Jabbles.

How about it Banshees?

:D

How about it Banshees?

Sure Grammer Queen laugh. I guess i just don't

match up to the qualitys of a grade A english school

teacher. "In all respect Mr. Honez" :D

And as far as writing a book goes..I could always try, but i think

Mr.Honez may be just a bit more suitable for the idea. :P

Sure Grammer Queen laugh. I guess i just don't match up to the qualitys of a grade A english school

teacher. "In all respect Mr. Honez"  :P

My dear BS,

I don't know how you got the idea that I'm an English Teacher, but you're wrong by a country mile.

D- Must try harder. Young Master Scream is too easily distracted in class. :D

Sure Grammer Queen laugh. I guess i just don't match up to the qualitys of a grade A english school

teacher. "In all respect Mr. Honez"  :D

My dear BS,

I don't know how you got the idea that I'm an English Teacher, but you're wrong by a country mile.

D- Must try harder. Young Master Scream is too easily distracted in class. :P

I must be mistaken? I recall you saying that you were an english

teacher of some sort but perhaps my eyes are defying me?

Also just out of curiosity honez if it is not the occupation of

a school teacher then what is it in fact that you do for a living. :D

Work it out.

My job description is an anagram of "free carpet monster"

Very nice 'Mr feces penetrator.' Your family must be so proud.

:P

Work it out.

My job description is an anagram of "free carpet monster"

:P

So you're a master pet enforcer. Oh, well, if it keeps you busy.

regards,

Hein

Oh ho ho ho!

I know a man who is going to love that!

Especially as I suspect he may have a bit of a sair heid this morning.

:P;):)

Scotty's Birthplace.

When will people settle down and realise that Star Trek is fiction?

When will people settle down and realise that Star Trek is fiction?

Fiction??? What are you talking about?

Would it be a good idea to have a thread devoted solely to whether cast members of Star Trek should appear on DL? Messers Takai and Nimoy are getting on a bit and although I hate to say it Shatner can't last forever.

I must admit, I'm sadly disappointed by the lack of drive by ranters since Mr Doohan's departure.

I had kind of hoped that we'd see something of Emlyn Hughes proportions given the number of Trekkies out there in cyberspace.

They're probably all hunkered down in dedicated Trek forums come to think of it, and too geeky to and click on the first thing that appears on Google under their noses.

Oh, well, I'll just have to wait for Ronnie Biggs or Claire Rayner. Those two should pull in a few bewildered Googlers.

What can I tell you honez? It's difficult to get more people here to search engine land. Not only the lack of dilithium crystals, put who do they ask now to beam them down from their spacecraft?

As for extra tidbits of info it turns out Ma and Pa Doohan were expecting little Jimbo when they headed out of Belfast Ireland and off to Canada where the wee lad was birthed. So there he was with his drunkard father and his mother (who I have found no more information on). Eventually he left home with nothing but his old kit bag in which he'd packed up his troubles and so he was now able to smile, smile, smile.

World War 2 came along and young Jim found himself as a Lieutenant in His Majesty's Service (He was serving in the British/English forces). Okay. Well along around D-Day, he led his boys up onto Juno Beach First he shot at 2 Gerry snipers (he never knew if he killed or injured them or maybe even hit them judging from what happened next and was continuing in securing the land with the fellows when rat-a-tat-tat trilled through the air. His compadre Tommy O'Brennan was unscathed; but our beloved Doohan had been nearly amputated and nearly killed which would have kept him from ever attaining the fame he deservedly desired and which makes me wonder who would have filled his slot on DL if he had been killed. Well, he was shot in his hand, his leg and chest. The chest bullet is said to have been some 4 inchs from his heart but was deflected by the silver cigarette case his brother Bill had given him when Jim served as best man at Bijoux's wedd... I mean Bill's wedding, Bijoux was the nickname Jim had for Leonard Nimoy, long story best held for later.

So the thing is Jim Doohan had no middle finger on his right hand. Watch old Star Trek episodes and movies. You won't see his right hand in anything other than odd angles or clenched fist.

(Amazing what you can find in a Google Search. Problem is Montgomery Scott brings up other things including for some reason Coretta Scott King. Oh, I get it. Corretta Scott King>>>Martin Luther King>>>Montgomery Alabama>>>Montgomery Scott, thanks ever so much for the unnecessary mulch Google. All I wanted was...huh? Oh, I should shut my yap now? Okay.)

;) One more thing... ;) alright I'm leaving. BEAM ME UP SCOTTY!