Guaranteed no deaths in that episode then!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Sly Ronnie said:

Guaranteed no deaths in that episode then!

I've heard he's writing the Beatles episode and it's going to be about the 'Paul is dead' conspiracy, and McCartney is going to get trapped in another dimension and be replaced with a Zygon duplicate, however the portal reopens years later during the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and the 2 Pauls reswap places but Zygon Paul sucks Johnny Depp into this other dimension with him and now Johnny Depp has been replaced with a cactus duplicate (like in Meglos). And the episode ends with Johnny Depp making love to the Zygon on a different planet, but watching on from the shadows is Kel the council worker from the 2006 episode Fear Her. Oh and Danny Devito guest stars as modern day McCartney and archive voice recordings of Barbara Castle are used through out as a supercomputer called Glhobile

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Moffat is coming back.

Blimey, it's like 2005 all over again! Good news, though, his single episodes are often superb (the RTD era ones were almost all standouts).

6 hours ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

I've heard he's writing the Beatles episode and it's going to be about the 'Paul is dead' conspiracy, and McCartney is going to get trapped in another dimension and be replaced with a Zygon duplicate, however the portal reopens years later during the filming of Pirates of the Caribbean 5 and the 2 Pauls reswap places but Zygon Paul sucks Johnny Depp into this other dimension with him and now Johnny Depp has been replaced with a cactus duplicate (like in Meglos). And the episode ends with Johnny Depp making love to the Zygon on a different planet, but watching on from the shadows is Kel the council worker from the 2006 episode Fear Her. Oh and Danny Devito guest stars as modern day McCartney and archive voice recordings of Barbara Castle are used through out as a supercomputer called Glhobile

You should have written for the show in the Chibnall years. Those suggestions aren't any worse than some of his were. 

• Haha 1

New Trailer, looks utterly insane, budget clearly on display. Am I right in thinking that the elderly woman who is screaming half way through is June Hudson?

• Like 4

So all the episode titles have been announced and here are my predictions on what each of them will be about

Space Babies - It's just an episode of the Rugrats set in space and The Doctor locks all of the infants in an escape pod and shoots it into the sun.

The Devil's Chord - This episode focus's on a small American town run by evangelicals who think that rap music is making their kids become liberals, Paul McCartney is there too.

Boom - Andrew Garfield returns as Frank from the series 3 Dalek episodes and becomes an aspiring composer in New York City who is worried he made the wrong career choice, whilst navigating the pressures of love and friendship, Annette Badland also returns as Margaret Blaine (Blon fel fotch).

73 Yards - It's just the plot of Edgar Wright's 'The Worlds End' but the aliens are Zygons and every actor from that film who was also in Doctor Who reprises their Whoniverse roles, ie Simon Pegg returns as the Editor from series 1.

Dot and Bubble - An AI recreation of June Brown is playing the Rani who has disguised herself as an actor and joins the cast of BBC's Eastenders in 1985 and changes history by adopting a dog called Bubble.

Rogue - The Doctor and Ruby get sucked into the 90s X-Men cartoon and fight Magneto with the character Rogue

The Legend of Ruby Sunday - A sequel to The Legend of the Sea Devils where Ruby is revealed to have a Sea Devil the whole time, John Bishop is there too.

Empire of Death - It's just a 60 minute documentary on the bad bits of the Byzantine empire, narrated by Sir David Attenborough.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ok I want to insert the new trailer here but for some reason it won't let me.

Anyway check it out.

• Like 1

Looks epic, but I was hoping for maybe at least a cameo from Mrs Flood in that trailer. If it wasn't for those rights issues with the BBC I'd be seventy to eighty percent sure that she was the Rani.  

On 28/01/2024 at 20:41, Bibliogryphon said:

A lot of people want to seem to make some drama out of Millie Gibson moving on so quickly but keeping the show moving has always been important. I am hoping that it is because her story is told and wrapped up. 

Most of the New Era Doctors have done three years. In the history of the show only Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker did more.

Like David Tennant and Matt Smith, Ncuti Gatwa is a rising star and so will naturally want to take bigger opportunities as they come along

Following up on this, the news that Varada Sethu is joining Who was officially confirmed this week, but it seems Ruby's going nowhere and there will be 2 companions on the TARDIS in Season 2 instead!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, RoverAndOut said:

Following up on this, the news that Varada Sethu is joining Who was officially confirmed this week, but it seems Ruby's going nowhere and there will be 2 companions on the TARDIS in Season 2 instead!

Considering I saw set pictures of S2 before Millie news of Ruby/Millie filming. I was slightly confused by all the drama.

16 hours ago, ladyfiona said:

Considering I saw set pictures of S2 before Millie news of Ruby/Millie filming. I was slightly confused by all the drama.

I kind of assumed from the initial rumours that Millie was being demoted to a kind of 'secondary companion' status for Season 2, similar to Martha Jones' role in Series 4 (god, this numbering scheme is a mess) and that her main story arc would be pretty much wrapped up in her first season. 

BTW: I'll also assume from now on we're using 'series' for pre-Ncuti New Who seasons and 'season' for post-Ncuti/Disney+ seasons. 

9 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

I kind of assumed from the initial rumours that Millie was being demoted to a kind of 'secondary companion' status for Season 2, similar to Martha Jones' role in Series 4 (god, this numbering scheme is a mess) and that her main story arc would be pretty much wrapped up in her first season. 

BTW: I'll also assume from now on we're using 'series' for pre-Ncuti New Who seasons and 'season' for post-Ncuti/Disney+ seasons. 

I still am using series for new who (including Disney) and season for old who just because it's too complicated for my brain to figure out. It's not like American TV shows don't have long running shows that go on past 20 seasons (Days of Our Lives is on like season 59).