Jump to content
Deathray

Hares Death Pool 2020

Recommended Posts

Just now, YoungWillz said:

And?

was a pick for my team

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CaptainChorizo said:

was a pick for my team

Ah yes, I've had to go looking. I'm puzzled as I can't confirm from what I can understand a date of death. Help?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Ah yes, I've had to go looking. I'm puzzled as I can't confirm from what I can understand a date of death. Help?

Quote

Monsignor Piñera, who was 104 years old, and was one of the oldest bishops in the world, died on the morning of June 21 at the Hogar Santo Cura de Ars de Santiago, where he was being treated after being admitted a few weeks ago at the Clinic UC San Carlos de Apoquindo, after registering a coronavirus outbreak in the home of the Little Sisters of the Poor where she previously resided.

 

21st June :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wikipedia has June 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaptainChorizo said:

wikipedia has June 21

 

So does the article you linked if Willz had ran it through google translate... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CaptainChorizo said:

wikipedia has June 21

I'll come back to this - apparently some ceremony is being carried out today and that's all I've got - implies he died earlier. :blink:

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I'll come back to this - apparently some ceremony is being carried out today and that's all I've got - implies he died earlier. :blink:

 

See my post above if you'd take me off bloody ignore. The article clear states he died on the morning of June 21st. 

 

@CaptainChorizo  - Willz has me on ignore so you might want to quote the direct translation of the article in one of your own posts......

 

He was being treated for medical issues and died whilst being treated this morning. No idea where Willz is getting celebration from. 

 

Quote

This June 21, the death of Monsignor Bernardino Piñera Carvallo, who was auxiliary bishop in Talca, bishop of Temuco and Archbishop of La Serena, has been reported.

 

Monsignor Piñera, who was 104 years old, and was one of the oldest bishops in the world, died on the morning of June 21 at the Hogar Santo Cura de Ars de Santiago, where he was being treated after being admitted a few weeks ago at the Clinic UC San Carlos de Apoquindo, after registering a coronavirus outbreak in the home of the Little Sisters of the Poor where she previously resided.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

This June 21, the death of Monsignor Bernardino Piñera Carvallo, who was auxiliary bishop in Talca, bishop of Temuco and Archbishop of La Serena, has been reported.

 

Monsignor Piñera, who was 104 years old, and was one of the oldest bishops in the world, died on the morning of June 21 at the Hogar Santo Cura de Ars de Santiago, where he was being treated after being admitted a few weeks ago at the Clinic UC San Carlos de Apoquindo, after registering a coronavirus outbreak in the home of the Little Sisters of the Poor where she previously resided.

 

 

 

 

Seems like he died this morning from the translation as his death was reported by relatives right to the national press right away

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, CaptainChorizo said:
Quote

This June 21, the death of Monsignor Bernardino Piñera Carvallo, who was auxiliary bishop in Talca, bishop of Temuco and Archbishop of La Serena, has been reported.

 

Monsignor Piñera, who was 104 years old, and was one of the oldest bishops in the world, died on the morning of June 21 at the Hogar Santo Cura de Ars de Santiago, where he was being treated after being admitted a few weeks ago at the Clinic UC San Carlos de Apoquindo, after registering a coronavirus outbreak in the home of the Little Sisters of the Poor where she previously resided.

 

 

 

 

Seems like he died this morning from the translation as his death was reported by relatives right to the national press right away

What is this quote from please? All I see is his funeral taking place today.

 

That's a quick funeral if he died this morning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

What is this quote from please? All I see is his funeral taking place today.

 

That's a quick funeral if he died this morning.

 

There's nothing in the article regarding the funeral. That's a direct translation of the link. 

 

Re the funeral it presumably means next Sunday? Unless Chile is on lockdown funerals due to Covid? In which case it would be today?

 

Given they're mass producing caskets this is likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Willz, I know we don't get many of these foreign obits in the Hares but dead is fucking dead, whatever language it's in. Run up to the translate button and click English,,,,

 

 

Death Notice 1

 

Quote

In this morning, the death of Bernardino Piñera Carvallo , archbishop emeritus of La Serena and uncle of President Sebastián Piñera , was confirmed at the age of 104 .

 

Death Notice 2


 

Quote

 

Monsignor Piñera, who was 104 years old, and was one of the oldest bishops in the world, died on the morning of June 21 at the Hogar Santo Cura de Ars de Santiago, where he was being treated after being admitted a few weeks ago at the Clinic UC San Carlos de Apoquindo, after registering a coronavirus outbreak in the home of the Little Sisters of the Poor where she previously resided.


 

Death Notice 3

 

The morning death confirmed 104 years age. (I can't CP this one)

 

All dated today - June 21st within the past few hours. He died this morning and is worth 172 points

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we can wait until an English speaking source is available.

 

I'm not going to quote all the obits I waded through.

 

No rush, we have months yet. If nothing in a couple of days, I'll post it up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

I think we can wait until an English speaking source is available.

 

I'm not going to quote all the obits I waded through.

 

No rush, we have months yet. If nothing in a couple of days, I'll post it up.

 

Chile is in a state of catastrophe (their version of a state of emergency) due to Covid they're literally burying the dead the way Italy were - wheeling them out of hospital and doing the burial. Like Italy. 

 

He died this morning, his funeral was 2.30pm this afternoon. I don't think you'll get the English obit you're looking for and denying someone points because you can't read is daft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

 

Chile is in a state of catastrophe (their version of a state of emergency) due to Covid they're literally burying the dead the way Italy were - wheeling them out of hospital and doing the burial. Like Italy. 

 

He died this morning, his funeral was 2.30pm this afternoon. I don't think you'll get the English obit you're looking for and denying someone points because you can't read is daft.

Any chance you could fuck off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Any chance you could fuck off?

 

I'm just explaining the situation. 

 

I'm not surely an expletive laden rant is the most appropriate response. Although at least you appear to not be ignoring me anymore. Good signs. 

 

I've provided 3 death notices from Chilean sources (acceptable under the rules in page 1 that I am more familiar with than you, trust me) and show he died on the morning of 21st June 2020. I'm not sure what more you need.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

 

I'm just explaining the situation. 

 

I'm not surely an expletive laden rant is the most appropriate response. Although at least you appear to not be ignoring me anymore. Good signs. 

 

I've provided 3 death notices from Chilean sources (acceptable under the rules in page 1 that I am more familiar with than you, trust me) and show he died on the morning of 21st June 2020. I'm not sure what more you need.

No you are not.

 

You are entering into a dialogue on this particular day.

 

2 hours ago, YoungWillz said:

 If nothing in a couple of days, I'll post it up.

 

2 hours ago, Miracle Aligner said:

 you can't read

You said it yourself.

 

Nobody is denying anybody any points, ok? Christ, Deathers used to take months to post up scores and you are demanding I immediately award points.

 

Now kindly fuck off out of nothing that is any of your business.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

No you are not.

 

You are entering into a dialogue on this particular day.

 

 

You said it yourself.

 

Nobody is denying anybody any points, ok? Christ, Deathers used to take months to post up scores and you are demanding I immediately award points.

 

Now kindly fuck off out of nothing that is any of your business.

 

Yes I am explaining the situation. 3 death notices and a contextual explanation for the fast funeral turnaround.

 

And whilst Deathers might have a took a bit longer to do the scores, at the very least he could actually do the maths and read obituaries ran through a basic translation app. 

 

It is very much my business and your either being deliberately obtuse or are actually thick if you haven't worked out why it's my business yet. 

 

Now, either do the job you were specifically chosen by the previous host to do rather than inventing your own bloody rules. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Miracle Aligner said:

 

Yes I am explaining the situation. 3 death notices and a contextual explanation for the fast funeral turnaround.

 

And whilst Deathers might have a took a bit longer to do the scores, at the very least he could actually do the maths and read obituaries ran through a basic translation app. 

 

It is very much my business and your either being deliberately obtuse or are actually thick if you haven't worked out why it's my business yet. 

 

Now, either do the job you were specifically chosen by the previous host to do rather than inventing your own bloody rules. 

What part of fuck off don't you understand?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, YoungWillz said:

What part of fuck off don't you understand?

 

All of it. I don't tend to listen to people who talk to people with an unnecessarily holier than thou attitude for no good reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tenor.gif?itemid=12611099

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11th hit of the year for me,just 4 away from tying the Hares record for hits in a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, I'm sure the new host will take it from here.

 

Me and my team well...withdrawn.

 

Retro 'Doctor Who' Reviews – Volume 4.4 | Funk's House of Geekery

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Yep, I'm sure the new host will take it from here.

 

Me and my team well...withdrawn.

 

Retro 'Doctor Who' Reviews – Volume 4.4 | Funk's House of Geekery

Illustration Featuring Baby Throwing Tantrum Stock Vector (Royalty ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use