Sign in to follow this  
Arnold

Edmundo Ros

The master of the Latin American beat is 95 today. Remember Edmundo Ros and His Rhumba Band?

Ok, Perhaps not.

He was a favourite of the immediate post-war generation and very close to the British Royal Family so he will get his prominent obits.

Here is his pedigree:

http://www.spaceagepop.com/ros.htm

I would like to recommend him to the Death List Committee for consideration for next year's list.

(Along with Hitchcock actress Norah Baring, 99 and Will Hay director Val Guest, 94).

My other two actress nominations from last year (Kay Walsh and Constance Cummings) have popped off this year and I think this trio will give us a similarly good chance of success regardless of their present state of health.

This is an Edmundo Ros thread. I never heard of him but Arnold knows his stuff. I have a problem with this fame and celebrity thing. Somewhere on this site there is a picture of one of those Big Brother slags. I know it was used ironically but I'm not sure that passing celebrity is enough. I'm just so glad I've forgotten her name. The merge police should stand back a bit. I'm still suffering from the snuffing out of my ailing Yorkshiremen (and Mollie Sudgen) thread. Brian Close can't be far off and I thought of another one then forgot him. That's what happens when you're threadbare.

Obviously you don't listen to Desmond Carrington and his ilk on Radio 2. I'll cough to the fact that my main interest in Mr Ros was his potential role in my DDP XX for 2006.

If they weren't in the Beano and Dandy I don't know these people. Still Mollie Sugden wasn't. Still I don't know her either. But I've heard about her pussy.

If they weren't in the Beano and Dandy I don't know these people. Still Mollie Sugden wasn't. Still I don't know her either. But I've heard about her pussy.

Oh Please! Try to keep it above the equator...

Nothing on his health that I could find. Any reason besides age that we should be considering him?

This is an Edmundo Ros thread. I never heard of him but Arnold knows his stuff. I have a problem with this fame and celebrity thing. Somewhere on this site there is a picture of one of those Big Brother slags. I know it was used ironically but I'm not sure that passing celebrity is enough. I'm just so glad I've forgotten her name. The merge police should stand back a bit. I'm still suffering from the snuffing out of my ailing Yorkshiremen (and Mollie Sudgen) thread. Brian Close can't be far off and I thought of another one then forgot him. That's what happens when you're threadbare.

Let me remind you.

Jade Goody. :lol:

I'd say This is one to keep an eye on.

I don't think even Mary Whitehouse complained about Mrs Slocombe's pussy. See second in list.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q=Mrs+Slocombe&meta=

Since you ask, it's Tiddles

Now you're quoting yourself goDot ? That is downrite creepy and undenieabley weird.

I was undeniably bored

Oddlly I can relate to that at times thoughj not since I found this place it just keeps me on the edge of my tombstone chair at all times waiting to see whats next

Oddlly I can relate to that at times thoughj not since I found this place it just keeps me on the edge of my tombstone chair at all times waiting to see whats next

Moderators-If you click on Dino de Laurentis on the main page it takes you to this thread.

Oddlly I can relate to that at times  thoughj not since I found this place  it just keeps me on the edge of my tombstone chair at all times waiting to see whats next

Moderators-If you click on Dino de Laurentis on the main page it takes you to this thread.

Ooo, bloody hell, he's right you know. This looks like a job for the Admins. Over to you GR or DWB.

Oddlly I can relate to that at times  thoughj not since I found this place  it just keeps me on the edge of my tombstone chair at all times waiting to see whats next

Yes, well this chap seems much more interesting than Dino anyhow... :unsure:

Guest Toke Deltorso
The master of the Latin American beat is 95 today. Remember Edmundo Ros and His Rhumba Band?

Ok, Perhaps not.

I remember him well, clicking his maraca's together! :ph34r::P

As the Death List Committee prepares to debate candidates worthy of inclusion in next year's list, I would like to take the opportunity to remind them of dear old Edmundo. He's 96 next month. I've no health report to offer as evidence of his imminent demise. But I've a feeling in my waters, as my old mother-in-law used to say. Much the same as I did with Val Guest, Constance Cummings and Kay Walsh. And er...Norah Baring...who eventually embarrassed me by revealing that she actually took her final curtain call in 1985! Well at least we opened up a useful debate on on her whereabouts which finally resulted in the IMDB updating her entry!

I confess that Richard O'Sullivan has failed me miserably on the hanging front. And Patrick Moore looks fairly comfortable in his trousers.

But Edmundo must surely be about to perform his final rhumba pretty soon.

Alas, where will that leave us for Saturday evening entertainment?

We should bring Edmundo Ros - band leader and arranger - into consideration if only because he's 29 days short of his 100th birthday.

We should bring Edmundo Ros - band leader and arranger - into consideration if only because he's 29 days short of his 100th birthday.

and its been 4 years since his thread had a new entry.

Edited by Magere Hein
Moved 2 posts from 'Ideas And Possibilities For 2011' to 'Edmundo Ros'

Just beat me too it!

I've been sitting here waiting since last November!

Just beat me too it!

I've been sitting here waiting since last November!

Now, THAT'S dedication.

I've been waiting here since December 2005!