Sign in to follow this  
MadMac

Elaine Stritch And Donald Sinden

Stars of "Two's Company", He's 81, she'll be 80 in February, possible contenders?

I do have a faint memory of that sitcom. As a kid in the 70's, I used to watch it on the tele. It's a shame that Three's Company, which was started later is the more famous of the two.

Although I'm sure that Two's Company was a fine show, the John Ritter opposite Don Knotts combo in Threes company cannot be beat. That show should have lasted longer than it did, just my opinion though.

Elaine Strich is a horrible, horrible woman.

Briggs: Please dish the dirt. Have you had dealings with this woman?

Guest Guest

Donald Sindens wife died last year so he might decide to give up the ghost himself soon

Elaine Strich is a horrible, horrible woman.

What can I say. Met her, didn't like her.

She sat eating muesli from a tupperware container and talking about the sacrifices of performing.

Guest MICHAEL

That hardly constitutes 'horrible'. I've had the eperience of meeting Ms Stritch a few times over the years and her behaviour has always been, em, 'interesting'. But nobody ever said she was nice - she does not do nice, it is not in her repertoir, in fcat as an American friend pointed out after one opf my encounters with her, it would be sort of dissapointing if she was a sweet old dear.

That hardly constitutes 'horrible'. I've had the eperience of meeting Ms Stritch a few times over the years and her behaviour has always been, em, 'interesting'. But nobody ever said she was nice - she does not do nice, it is not in her repertoir, in fcat as an American friend pointed out after one opf my encounters with her, it would be sort of dissapointing if she was a sweet old dear.

Point taken. But it was equally dissapointing to meet her and find that she was a mad old fool.

Aye, somewhere hereabouts his well-being was discussed. If we keep punting this thread to the top a mod will spot it and put in a link to Windsor's thread.

Here's a link to the Windsor Davies thread

I've always enjoyed seeing Elaine Stritch at work....she is a strong old broad and talented too.

I've always enjoyed seeing Elaine Stritch at work....she is a strong old broad and talented too.

At work yes.

Elaine has broken her hip, at 87 and it being Winter could this be the beginning of the end for her?

http://www.contactmu...ken-hip_3425128

Nothing more has been reported on her and she is scheduled for an appearance with someone in a program in March so I figure she is probably doing well in recovering although she may be in a wheelchair or with a walker for a long while.

Thing about hip breaks is that there's a very high risk of blood clots which can terminate the person in year one even if they are back up and waltzing about. This makes her recent hip incident an excellent reason for her being on the list this year although I would be saddened if she did cease breathing before she turned 90.

Nothing more has been reported on her and she is scheduled for an appearance with someone in a program in March so I figure she is probably doing well in recovering although she may be in a wheelchair or with a walker for a long while.

Thing about hip breaks is that there's a very high risk of blood clots which can terminate the person in year one even if they are back up and waltzing about. This makes her recent hip incident an excellent reason for her being on the list this year although I would be saddened if she did cease breathing before she turned 90.

There were a lot of rumours about Elaine's health being in decline long before her fracturing her hip. A few months ago there was talk of her retiring and moving back to her home town. She also is gaining a reputation for forgetting her lines on stage, though this is not uncommon for a person of her age; Carol Channing can no longer get through Hello Dolly without prompts, Angela Lansbury wears an earpiece and has lines prompted to her.

If Elaine can manage to get through this latest health problem and the many issues that come with it, I think she only has a few years left at best. Though old lady actresses seem to cling on loner than most.

Guest Guested

Only really know of Elaine through the "Tales of The Unexpected" series. I think she was in one episode where her late husband was kept alive in rather strange circumstances. A very creepy series but quite entertaining.

To be fair, I have only ever known her to look like she was dead anyway.

I cant remember seeing anybody look so emaciated and skeletal.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Just seen that she is doing a farewell tour. 5 dates in New York