Sir Creep

World Cup 2022 (Qatar)

The two matches yesterday were the first in the tournament I have actually watched 

• Shocked 2

1 hour ago, Bibliogryphon said:

The two matches yesterday were the first in the tournament I have actually watched 

I can beat that.  I still haven't watched any.

Except for the Croatia-Brazil penalties.

• Like 1

I've watched the Ned-Arg and Eng-Fra quarter finals so far, as well as the Spa-Mor & Cro-Bra penalty sessions. Have probably watched no more than five matches in the same amount of years.

9 hours ago, Toast said:

I can beat that.  I still haven't watched any.

Except for the Croatia-Brazil penalties.

I haven't watched any, including penalties and I don't intend to. I hate football, footballers and every representation except maybe Morocco.

20 minutes ago, Tower1 said:

I haven't watched any, including penalties and I don't intend to. I hate football, footballers and every representation except maybe Morocco.

I have similar thoughts on the sport, not necessarily the players unless they deserve it, but I find football itself dull as well as a waste of space and money. It has been said many a time before, but footballers get paid way too much. I am fully aware they used to have not a pot to piddle in, but there is an in-between. Everyone else's wage. Inter-team rivalries are too ridiculous. It does not bloody matter which team someone supports, and whether or not you agree with that. If you do, great. If not, also fine. The fact that so many people follow a group of people kicking a ball around a field for 90 odd minutes still astounds me, as does the so-called "devotion" that can turn some supporters as far as violent, solely because some millionaire who doesn't know them and probably never will has or hasn't kicked a ball into a net. This is a controversial statement, of that I have no doubt, but it is my opinion on football, in all of its supposed "glory", take it or leave it. 

33 minutes ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

I have similar thoughts on the sport, not necessarily the players unless they deserve it, but I find football itself dull as well as a waste of space and money. It has been said many a time before, but footballers get paid way too much. I am fully aware they used to have not a pot to piddle in, but there is an in-between. Everyone else's wage. Inter-team rivalries are too ridiculous. It does not bloody matter which team someone supports, and whether or not you agree with that. If you do, great. If not, also fine. The fact that so many people follow a group of people kicking a ball around a field for 90 odd minutes still astounds me, as does the so-called "devotion" that can turn some supporters as far as violent, solely because some millionaire who doesn't know them and probably never will has or hasn't kicked a ball into a net. This is a controversial statement, of that I have no doubt, but it is my opinion on football, in all of its supposed "glory", take it or leave it. 

The reason why footballers are paid that much is because they sell the best stories, especially to young people. They sell the story 'you can be successful like me if you do this and that...'. In other words, they are very good sponsors in consumer society which is why corporations love them. But what really annoys me the most are the blind masses that 'participate' in all this by yelling at their TVs and other psychotic behavior. They think they're participating in football but they're only giving their time and money to corporations. A creepy demonstration of mass psychosis... 

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 23:11, maryportfuncity said:

Bit gutted tbh, maybe a mistake to let Harry take the second penalty because it'd have spooked Lloris to have another taker. Other than that the two best remaining sides going at it and creating some chances. Stats wise 57% possession, twice as many shots and eight on target against their five. Though - fuck knows - Morocco had about a third of the possession and they're still standing. I'll stick by my prediction with the family ahead of tonight's game. The winners will go on and lift the trophy. In other news, anyone looking for a home victory and dominance over Europe's best should be on the red button around 8-30 tomorrow. We usually swipe more silverware than anyone else in the European Cross Country Championships!

_127935107_gettyimages-1358590650.jpg

Telt yers, individual and team medals, WAY better performance than the French - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/63936049

13 hours ago, Summer in Transylvania said:

I think their wages too high and also the gulf between top and low earners a travesty. It's impacted the level I watch to the extent there's now an interchangable bunch of talent that shuffles between lower league clubs for years and whenever I'm at a match there's almost always one of our former players on the opposing team. The lower leagues seldom get the big stars on the way down and I know from discussions over a pre-match pint that we recently lost out on snagging an ageing ex-talent from Carlisle simply because he'd sooner retire off the back of a final contract that gifted him £16 grand a week than spend a season or two on £2 grand with a fourth tier team. That said, the rest of it just being about 90 mins kicking a ball around misses the pre-match pubs, the people and...basically the fact at the level I go it's community, it's history and it's partly about who you are and where you came from. I've yet to turn violent and the lower you go the easier it is to find yourself in the same pub/chip shop etc. as an opposing supporter - most of whom share the same kind of experience and happily banter. Yesterday Man Utd and Man City women played in front of 44,000 fans and so far as I'm aware it didn't turn into a riot and no knife crime was recorded. I'm guessing many girls in the crowd want to be footballers, one way or another. So, there's more to this than massive wages and the national team.

• Like 2

Taking Giroud out of the match in minute 42?  May as well waive a white flag and board Air France.  If they think taking Giroud off the pitch was the answer, they didn’t understand the question.

Croatia wore those godawful red checked kits, then switched to blue and had their arse handed to them.

France has been wearing those high red socks every match.  Now they switch to blue.

Just sayin’

On 09/12/2022 at 14:40, Sir Cunto said:

So after watching all the matches in the group stage, the team that looked the sharpest to my eyes was Argentina.  That’s my pick to carry the wee cup home.

SC

C8C098C6-BF1C-471B-B96B-5FD6078B2050.jpeg

I've been following a Youtuber who has been going to the country of one of the teams to watch the match with a group of people with a flip of a coin and sometimes less than 24 hours notice. This time he went to Argentina for the final...

• Like 1