Summer in Transylvania

James Hong

I am very surprised veteran actor James Hong does not have a thread. A very deathlisty name, and I wouldn't be shocked to see him on the main list in a few years. He is still rather active and could see 100, but anything can happen past 90 and he could be one of those actors to pass unexpectedly in the next few years. Credits include ManimalStar WarsKung-fu PandaTurning Red, and Trollhunters to name but a few. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Legit.

Hong is still acting, hopefully he will see 100 easily. He also has that Chinese magic in his blood...

• Like 3

I still remeber watching him in Bg Trouble in Little China, such a classic, loved that movie when I was a kid.

Some weeks ago he becomes oldest person to finally get a star on Hollywoods Walk of Fame:

JAMES-HONG.jpg

• Like 4

Was one of the recipients of a SAG award for Everything Everywhere All at Once. Looks and sounds great for 94.

• Like 2

Video from his 95th birthday:

Not the slightest sign of decline. Lisa Lu is his female equivalent, she is still acting as of 2024 and does not seem to age at all.

• Like 3

On 13/03/2023 at 23:49, FinalChapter said:

Would not surprise me to see him make it to 100. 

Wow how does he do it?  The man looks like he could pass to be in his late 70s possibly 80 to me.  I had him on some of my lists to go on as a possible in some of the pools coming up later this year like Windy City and Twisted DL because of his age.  But dang if he does not look like he would be a wasted pick at the moment

9 hours ago, livingbygrace said:

Wow how does he do it?  The man looks like he could pass to be in his late 70s possibly 80 to me.  I had him on some of my lists to go on as a possible in some of the pools coming up later this year like Windy City and Twisted DL because of his age.  But dang if he does not look like he would be a wasted pick at the moment

He seems healthy and is still acting - so he'd be a wasted pick until he isn't. Which could be any time - although not likely for a few years at least. Seriously, how the hell does he look that young when he's old enough to have gone to school with Jimmy Carter?

10 hours ago, Comped said:

He seems healthy and is still acting - so he'd be a wasted pick until he isn't. Which could be any time - although not likely for a few years at least. Seriously, how the hell does he look that young when he's old enough to have gone to school with Jimmy Carter?

The real secret ingredient in the noodle soup?

• Like 1