Drewsky1211

The 11th Death of 2022

The 11th Death of 2022  

136 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Tanya Roberts and Julie Strains were also falsely pronounced dead, before their eventual deaths.

who the fuck is julie strains

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Toast said:

Deaths like Tom Petty are not really a case of misreporting.  He died, they attempted to bring him back but were eventually unsuccessful.  There are also cases like Anne Heche where she had unsurvivable injuries but was kept technically alive to enable organ donation.

Petty was still alive when his death was reported.

“We apologise for any inconvenience in this reporting,” it said. CBS and Variety amended their stories and CBS News maintained it “reported information obtained officially from the LAPD about Tom Petty”. CBS and Variety then cited TMZ reporting that said Petty was “clinging to life” after suffering cardiac arrest.

https://web.archive.org/web/20171003234241/http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/how-confusion-spread-over-news-of-tom-pettys-death/news-story/c07ec7cd7d255b5e698c5e90be90f92c

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lewd_Squirrel said:

Tanya Roberts and Julie Strains were also falsely pronounced dead, before their eventual deaths.

Basketball player Lamar Odom was erroneously reported dead from an overdose and he's still alive 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, When The said:

who the fuck is julie strains

Julie Strain *shrugs?* something close to that.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Undead In Ohio said:

Petty was still alive when his death was reported.

“We apologise for any inconvenience in this reporting,” it said. CBS and Variety amended their stories and CBS News maintained it “reported information obtained officially from the LAPD about Tom Petty”. CBS and Variety then cited TMZ reporting that said Petty was “clinging to life” after suffering cardiac arrest.

https://web.archive.org/web/20171003234241/http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/music/how-confusion-spread-over-news-of-tom-pettys-death/news-story/c07ec7cd7d255b5e698c5e90be90f92c

It's debatable.  "Clinging to life" means he was on life support.  He was "unresponsive" when found, which usually means dead. Modern medical procedures mean they can get hearts beating again, but if it's unsustainable it doesn't mean the person is alive in real terms. 

I think the definitions of death vary in some states, is that so? 

• Like 1

Didn't the BBC report Brian Matthew as dead a few days early? I feel like Jerry Lee may turn out to be a similar deal to that one. 

• Like 1

Wouldn’t be surprised if Jerry Lee Lewis turns out to be the 12th hit and if someone unexpected like Desmond Morris or Cleo Laine die before him 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Jerry Lee Lewis turns out to be the 12th hit and if someone unexpected like Desmond Morris or Cleo Laine die before him 

Plausible, although Desmond Morris seems the healthiest 94 year old male I’ve ever seen. My bet is he will be one of this list’s last standing candidates.

But yes, someone entirely unexpected, like Alan Greenspan or Sandy Gall could very well beat Jerry to the cut.

I also still have that feeling that this is Leslie’s month...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

I have had a feeling about Cleo Laine recently. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheKeysOfMarinus said:

I have had a feeling about Cleo Laine recently. 

It will be her big 95th tomorrow. I bet she’ll make it.

• Like 2

15 JLL guesses - 6 before the TMZ gun jumping.

Thread closed.

• Like 1