Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bearer

Georgie Fame

Was watching the 60’s music channel last night/this morning when the “video” for Bonnie and Clyde song came on.  

Got to wondering about him and found he was very much alive and kicking at the age of 80.

He teamed up with Alan Price (81) for a short while.  (I’ll create a thread for him too) 

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Is he the brother of Georgie Fame?

Caught me out as I was editing it. 

Definitely not a mobile as he was, sadly. He attended the unveiling of a plaque for Eddie Cochran at Bristol Hippodrome on 22 April using two canes and a walker with a seat. Next to him with the purple jumper is Vince Eager (83). I remember reading at the time that legendary drummers Brian Bennett (83) and Clem Cattini (85) were going to be there, but it looks like they weren't.

0_JS300665360.jpg

0_JS300665348.jpg

• Like 2

Actually had some dealings with Vince Eager almost exactly a year back -  clearly on the ball, he said he was "very much busy" and "in the middle of writing my second book". His website still presents the 83 year old as a going concern (live talks more than musical gigs these days): https://vinceeager.co.uk/

Given his colourful early career (pals with Eddie Cochran, had a stab at Eurovision and was part of the Larry Parnes stable), he's likely obitable. 

• Like 1