Lafaucheuse

French Deathlist 2024

Le Trou is a great movie, coincidentally watched it like a week ago. But maybe this is a hint and I should watch a Bardot movie next...

On 01/06/2024 at 22:36, drol said:

Philippe Leroy dead at 93.

RIP ! He was a legendary actor in Italian cinema, more famous in Italy than in its own native country. Father of famous actress Philippine Leroy-Baulieu. 
An other hit for my FDL.

A French legend is gone ! Very sad news her passing !

On 19/05/2024 at 18:54, drol said:

Edgar Morin hospitalised, but well enough to send a video from the hospital for a public gathering with Pope Francis.

Still able to give interview about the dissolution of the National Assembly, exhorting young people to wake up. Ok boomer ! 
if the photo is new, he looks ok to me

7 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Still able to give interview about the dissolution of the National Assembly, exhorting young people to wake up. Ok boomer ! 
if the photo is new, he looks ok to me

I agree 60% french people between 18-25 didnt vote last week-end and 65 who are between 25/30... 

1 minute ago, Fantomasss said:

He's agree 60% french people between 18-25 didnt vote last week-end and 65 who are between 25/30... 

no I know he’s right, I just jumped on the wagon to use ok boomer given his age and his comments about young people ;) 

For Hardy obituary…the title could be :

« Voici comment lui dire adieu »  (reference to her song)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, La Tombe said:

For Hardy obituary…the title could be :

« Voici comment lui dire adieu »  (reference to her song)

Yes a lot of titles are possible "comment lui dire adieu" "Le temps de la mort" "Du tronc au cercueil", "Voilà"...

Legendary French actress Anouk Aimée dead at 92. She was frail from sometimes.
(She was known notably to be the partner of Jean-Louis Trintignant : « A Man and A Woman » movie of Claude Lelouch)

An other huge loss for French cinema this year.

• Like 9
  • Sad 9

OMG but what's this year ?

Are there still french legends alive for 2025 ???

And shit I believed that she was in the deathlist but finally not :o

First big miss for our list but a personal hit of mine and a DDP pick also. Really sad, such a classy and talented woman ! She was frail for some times, not surprised but still 

• Like 1

Anouk Aimée is my second hit (after Francoise Hardy) within a week for my theme team (but only the third overall).

19 minutes ago, Lafaucheuse said:

First big miss for our list but a personal hit of mine and a DDP pick also. Really sad, such a classy and talented woman ! She was frail for some times, not surprised but still 

Yes not surprised too that she died, but more by the fact that she's not on french deathlist, a big miss that we didnt choose her. Also my 13th hit for my personnal french list

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Fantomasss said:

Are there still french legends alive for 2025 ???

At this moment, my eyes are on Alain Delon, Jean-Marie Le Pen and Bernadette Chirac as the best 2025 DL considerations- but the way things are going this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they all don't make it, especially Delon.

I neglected choosing Aimée this year partly because 92 seems to be a rare age death for celebrities compared to other ages (e.g., 91, 93).

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, The Daredevil said:

At this moment, my eyes are on Alain Delon, Jean-Marie Le Pen and Bernadette Chirac as the best 2025 DL considerations- but the way things are going this year, I wouldn't be surprised if they all don't make it, especially Delon.

I neglected choosing Aimée this year partly because 92 seems to be a rare age death for celebrities compared to other ages (e.g., 91, 93).

Delon’s family is getting worryingly silent recently, wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a summer hit. 
also, does Aimée’s death leaves Yvonne Furneaux as the last Dolce Vita actress alive ? 

1 hour ago, Lafaucheuse said:

Delon’s family is getting worryingly silent recently, wouldn’t be surprised if he’s a summer hit. 
also, does Aimée’s death leaves Yvonne Furneaux as the last Dolce Vita actress alive ? 

Also still living from La Dolce Vita (1960) are Ida Galli (b. 1939) and Valeria Ciangottini (b. 1945).

11th of June 2024

Hit n°12

309504689_8232472573459733_8177853646616666353_n.thumb.jpg.a0f2b435527219f1797c6ce2beedbbc9.jpg

"Tu m'admirais hier et je serai poussière, pour toujours demain 

French icon, singer and model Françoise Hardy has died aged 80 on the 11th of June providing our French list with our thirteenth hit. Hardy was born in Paris in 1944 during a bomb alert. During her teenage years, she was drawn to music and began composing her first songs around 15 or 16 years old. In 1961, aged 17, Vogue hired her to produce a first solo album which should be a counterpart to Johnny Hallyday's music. Her first hit was ''Tous les Garçons et les Filles'' in 1962, sold over 500,000 copies in 6 months. In the meantime, Hardy met French photographer Jean Marie Périer who would ultimately introduce the young Françoise to fashion and make her one of the best-known ambassadors of French style and the face of a new generation of women. In the following years, Hardy composed and sang numerous hits and now classic French songs such as ''Comment te dire adieu ?'' (cover of Vera Lynn's ''It Hurts to Say Goodbye''), "L'amitié'', "La Maison où j'ai grandi"' or "Mon Amie la Rose" which now sounds like a poetic epitaph. In 1981, Hardy married another French iconic singer, Jacques Dutronc with whom she sang several songs and had a son, Thomas. She continued composing and singing melancholic songs till the end of her life and was ultimately considered one of the most talented and famous French singer-songwriters alongside such icons as Serge Gainsbourg, Véronique Sanson, Michel Berger and others… In 2004, she was first diagnosed with cancer of the lymphatic system which should eventually worsen in 2014 before being cured in 2016. However, in 2019, Hardy was diagnosed with pharyngeal cancer which should ultimately claim her life five years later. In the later years of her life and during all her health problems, Hardy made front-page news and was therefore a clear choice for our first common deathlist, jumping straight on at number 12 despite our common wish to avoid her being a hit this year…

• Like 2

My my @Lafaucheuse you are getting carried away. Francoise Hardy is hit number 12. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Steve said:

My my @Lafaucheuse you are getting carried away. Francoise Hardy is hit number 12. 

Arff thanks fixed that ;) 

On 25/05/2024 at 16:56, La Tombe said:

Roland Dumas, since Micheline Presle and him are born one day apart the same month, the same year, there is great chance that he will follow her these year, like Milan Kundera born the same day as Marcel Amont, and died 4 month after these latter in 2023. It's destiny ! Roland Dumas is not as frail as André Chandernagor is tough.

Roland Dumas has died aged 101.

• Like 7