Amanda

Corey the Corrado

How to get money for Corey?  

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Not too sure about Corrados, but I think you have let him (her) go a bit cheap; another £150.00 might have been better.

However, if I had a penny for every pound I've lost on cars I could afford a Porsche again. I love cars, driving and talking about them. Mrs Josco can't understand it, when as now, I am looking for a replacement. It the whole potage, the looking and dreaming, the weekly purchase of Autotrader. Going out to look at and test drive some wholly inappropriate machines, pondering over the finances; essentially the whole 9 yards. The actual purchase is often an anticlimax.

Not too sure about Corrados, but I think you have let him (her) go a bit cheap; another £150.00 might have been better.

However, if I had a penny for every pound I've lost on cars I could afford a Porsche again. I love cars, driving and talking about them. Mrs Josco can't understand it, when as now, I am looking for a replacement. It the whole potage, the looking and dreaming, the weekly purchase of Autotrader. Going out to look at and test drive some wholly inappropriate machines, pondering over the finances; essentially the whole 9 yards. The actual purchase is often an anticlimax.

I find the same thing with men. I pick some poor unfortunate victim, have lengthy discussions & plans & a few tricks up my sleeves that pull 'em in. Sometimes this takes months of planning and hard work. And then I get them on a plate and am happy for 2 minutes and then don't want them anymore. Make excuses to get away before they've even opened their mouth (although of course there's no point in making smalltalk as I've obviously done all of my research and know everything worth knowing about them). The 2 minutes that I am happy for are purely because I know I've still got 'it'. Does that make me a strange stalker-type freak? Probably. But I enjoy the thrill of the chase. No wonder I'm bloody cellibate.

Corey. The thing is, now I've sold him, I really don't want to sell him. If I just had a few hundred quid going spare I could fix him & all would be great again. I just really really really don't want to sell him now. I'm quite friendly with the local VW garage and I'm sure they could repair him. And the thing is, it took me 7 years to get a Corrado and now I just don't think I could him up so easily and in such awful circumstances. We used to have so much fun together.

You used to have a Porsche? WOW! What is your replacement car going to be?

If I won the lottery, here is the vehicle list I would purchase:

*Range Rover (for ferrying the dogs about in)

*1275GT Mini (just for a bit of fun - used to have one and it was FAB)

*Corrado VR6 (obviously)

*DB7 (I don't think much of the DB9)

*Mitsubishi L200 (I think they're called that - I went off roading in one once and it was superb)

*Ford GT (Just think they're cool)

*Citroen (the one from the TV advert that dances!!! I would love it if my car did that and each morning I'd have to shout at it "Get down! Stop it! I have to go to work!!" Ahhhhh..... if only)

*A really big car like a 7 series, or Bentley or Lexus or something, for my chaffeur to ferry me around in.

I wish. Can't even afford to keep Corey!!! Have made self miserable now. Oh and check out the sad 24 year old loser sat in front of her computer at 22:35 on a Saturday night!

This is a long post. Sorry. Good night.

Used to have a Porsche..........

Ah that was some years ago now. When I did not have to work too hard and all was well. These days I work a lot harder, earn less and am too busy earning a living to make any money. Plus ca change............

This is a good car: The Alfa 164. Fun to drive. Particularly the 3 Liter version. They don't cost that much any more but the running costs are fairly high. A friend of mine had one and I enjoyed driving it very much.

Alfa%20164_sm2.jpg

Don't be sad Amanda. Remember the words of Mr. Josco:

"When one door closes, another opens."

Had one! The version with two back doors and no back seats. In canary yellow.

Makes me proud, a country that has produced cars where seats and doors are optional extras.

Had one! The version with two back doors and no back seats. In canary yellow.

Makes me proud, a country that has produced cars where seats and doors are optional extras.

Old French cars, I love them.

The four I had was this model:

g14.jpg

I used to have a DS as well. Lovely car, but bloody expensive to keep running.

regards,

Hein

Or even "When one door closes, another one slams in your face"

And it traps your bloody fingers!

My exboyfriend managed to trap his 'bits' in the boot of a Maxi (whatever that is) when he was seven. He had to wait, in considerable agony, whilst his parents unlocked the boot and freed him.

My exboyfriend managed to trap his 'bits' in the boot of a Maxi (whatever that is) when he was seven. He had to wait, in considerable agony, whilst his parents unlocked the boot and freed him.

I felt a shudder run through me when I read that... :unsure:

Due to your self confessed celibacy, we won't know whether his bits were in working order.

it traps your bloody fingers!

maxi.gif

maxi.gif

"It's life, Jim, but not as we know it."

regards,

Hein

My first car was a smokers-cough green Yugo Zastava 120L Five - now if anyone could find a picture of one of them I'd be seriously impressed!

Is this the right one?

yugo.jpg

Or was it more like this one?

yugosm.jpg

Perhaps there's a picture of your car here.

Yugo homepage don't miss the jokes.

My first car was a smokers-cough green Yugo Zastava 120L Five - now if anyone could find a picture of one of them I'd be seriously impressed!

VW Beetle 1200, reg FNW 745K 1971 vintage.

colour?

My Dad had one of these when I was about three:

chickmagnet0xb.th.jpg

Oh, how impressed my friends must have been... <_<

As a child I was driven around the Scottish countryside in one of these - Austin Eight - black (of course). FFS 256

AustinEight.jpg

Wow! Looks like it could knock the local Vicar off his bicycle with no trouble at all <_<

My Dad's car was frequently overturned by collisions with kids on rollerskates...

Wow! Looks like it could knock the local Vicar off his bicycle with no trouble at all  :)

The vicar was driving! <_<

Wow! Looks like it could knock the local Vicar off his bicycle with no trouble at all  :)

The vicar was driving! ;)

<_<

Dear me! That car is out of the ark! I wouldn't be surprised if I heard of my great grandfather driving about in one of those. <_<

Edited by Notapotato

colour?

White. Pristine when I got it, sold with a ding in every wing. It was replaced by an H reg Mini 1275GT. What a car.... driven at 110% all the time, drunk or sober. I've had some memorable times behind the wheels of various cars whilst inebriated. Don't do it at all now of course, it seemed to be less serious in those days. In fact the local bobby once gave me a lift home after I had put my car in the ditch on the way back from the pub!

I've had some memorable times behind the wheels of various cars whilst inebriated. Don't do it at all now of course, it seemed to be less serious in those days. In fact the local bobby once gave me a lift home after I had put my car in the ditch on the way back from the pub!

And no doubt a clip round the earhole with it...