Guest Sathington

Arafat's (Inevitable) Death

An aide of Arafat says his illness is not fatal, according to this BBC news article.

Nabil Abu Rdainah told the Reuters news agency that whatever ailment Mr Arafat had was curable.

Earlier, doctors treating Mr Arafat said they had so far ruled out the possibility he had leukaemia.

Medical staff will not reach a diagnosis until Wednesday, according to a Palestinian spokeswoman.

I remember several heads of state whose expected demise was denied untill (and after) death, but I do hope old Yasser keeps on breathing another few months. I can't help thinking many Palestinian politicians who aspire to become Arafat's successor do the same.

regards,

Hein

How about "a faery ass rat"? :blink:

Nice to see the Middle English spelling of "Fairy" getting an airing again - I commend your knowledge of historical script!

Apparently his death has been swiftly denied, but he might be brain-dead according to the French, although they've also retracted that too.

Confused? You will be........

BBC says he is dead

CBS says he is alive, but fading fast

LBC says he was dead, but isn't dead anymore.

Now that is what I call flip-flopping

The Palestinian prime minister is denying

reports that Yasser Arafat has died.

Despite the denial, Israeli T-V is citing sources as saying

Arafat is dead.

The prime minister of Luxembourg also says Arafat is dead.

But French doctors say Arafat is still alive.

A reporter just told Bush during the news conference that Arafat has passed away.

:huh: Seems a bit random...I wonder who asked him for a quote, and why?

My Deadpool moderator has given all those who had him points because he WAS declared dead. I ask ya! :huh:

I wonder if the Prime Minister of Malta is willing to corroborate?

"Is he dead?"

"He must be"

"Why?"

"'cause the Prime Ministers said so, stupid".

LBC says he was dead, but isn't dead anymore.

...so do we assume the 72 virgins weren't quite what he was hoping for, so he thought he'd come back and give Earth another go?

Guest anonymous

virgins on earth? you must be dead if you think such things exist...

Too be honest, I believe the Israelis who say that he is already brain dead. Looks like they are keeping him on the life support machine until they can decide where to bury him.

The Halibut custom requires burial within 24 hrs of death and the French, Isreali and Egyptians are deciding where he should be burried. They are not going to declear him dead before this matter is resolved.

Check out this article below:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/11/04/...alth/index.html

:huh:

surely he's been brain dead since 2000, if not before......

Maybe the 72 virgins didn't fancy the look of him and sent him back. Anyway sitting in a building site in Ramallah for 3 years doesn't sound like martyrdom to me.

Latest from the Frogs is that they are hedging bets and sitting on fence. Nothing new there then...

http://news.tf1.fr/news/

Apparently his coma is now reversible, but the Indy seems to think he's dying and the French can't seem to find what's wrong with him or whether he's dead or not. Although by the time I've written this response he may have been declared dead again.............

Time to look back at Ron P's quote about the Pope, as it seems much more relevant here

The man is allready dead, only he doesn't know it yet!   :huh:

So essentially, they're merely keeping him alive by artificial means until the political argument over where he will be buried is resolved.

Suddenly makes me feel a lot better about my life that.

Guest iain

Should yasser arafat get an award for being the most indescisive death in the history of the forum..hes been alive and then dead about a dozen times so far ive calculated.Is it possible for old yasser to finally pop his clogs or will he just go down in history as being the biggest ressurection since jesus?!

The doctors and Palestinian officials are just playing the media for political reasons. They know that he will never recover from his illness and at best will just be a vegetable being kept alive by life support machines. As long as the fight over where he is to be burried continues between Israel, Egypt and the Palestinian officials, they will continue to put a spin on the inevitable. Mark my words, as soon as it is decided where he is to be burried, they will turn off that machine and declear him dead. He is not going to be walking out of that hospital. He will be leaving that place in a box.