Mr Stats

World's Oldest

On 19/02/2018 at 00:31, 123jeff said:

Update for SCs of Japan

THESE ARE THE LEGIT UNVERIFIED CASES
Pending cases:-
Unverified
Victoria de la Cruz (24 June 1907) (born in Spain) This is my personal favorite, a Spanish supercentenarian NUN who's stationed in Japan.

COURTESY OF GRG 110 CLUB

Dead just shy of her 111th birthday. Quite sad about this, I kept looking out for the wee Spanish nun! She died of a cardiac arrest which is unusual for someone so old.

• Like 1

On 05/06/2018 at 15:04, Clorox Bleachman said:

Dead just shy of her 111th birthday. Quite sad about this, I kept looking out for the wee Spanish nun! She died of a cardiac arrest which is unusual for someone so old.

Why would folks of advanced age not suffer cardiac arrest as often as those that are younger? Genuine question.

9 hours ago, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

Why would folks of advanced age not suffer cardiac arrest as often as those that are younger? Genuine question.

I'll preface this by saying that I'm not a doctor.

A cardiac arrest most commonly affects people in their 60s but it can also strike young, athletic people. Almost all of the time it's because of a pre-existing condition like coronary artery disease or cardiomyopathy.

Not only was Victoria inactive from being in a wheelchair, but until recently doctors believed that the oldest people have lived so long because they've beaten all those conditions with their amazing genes. They typically pick up an infection or they just stop eating.

That was until a Dutch woman called Hendrikje van Andel-Schipper died at 115 and donated her body to science. What did she die of? A cold? Dehydration? No, she had stomach cancer which had metastasized and would have killed a young person.

This is the first time I've come across a 110-year-old having a cardiac arrest but more research will be done in the future which might find that it's not uncommon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So you’re a nurse then? 

I'm a shamanic yoga teacher and undertaker.

• Like 1

Cardiac arrest just means the heart stopping and it happens when everyone dies but the term is normally connotated with sudden natural death like a heart attack or heart defect.My guess from the wording in this case is heart failure.

• Like 1

The MOST RECENT photo of chiyo miyako at age 115 (she's now somehow 117)

Holy shit her condition is probably even worse than Nabi Tajima.

Look at her legs (or whats left of them) :o :( :( 

She's the oldest person to ever had an amputation :( yet she's managed to reach 117 even with all the odds stacked against her. A survivor.

awfawf.PNG

? Her mum is a year younger?

A new record indeed.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, charon said:

? Her mum is a year younger?

A new record indeed.

her mom isn't living

felicite jandia 1881-1992

not sure if youre joking though

English isn't my first language, I can't detect sarcasm

10 hours ago, robwell said:

her mom isn't living

felicite jandia 1881-1992

not sure if youre joking though

English isn't my first language, I can't detect sarcasm

The way you put it made it sound like her mom was still living

• Haha 1

Ellie Lawther, the oldest person in Northern Ireland, died June 16th. 

http://www.funeraltimes.com/ellen-ellielawther245011586

Confirmation she was the oldest person in Northern Ireland:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/belfast-telegraph-reader-ellie-lawther-108-now-oldest-person-in-northern-ireland-35507745.html

8 hours ago, alt obits guy said:

Former Nigerian politician Sarkin Fadar Kano has died at age 107.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/273365-sarkin-fadar-kano-dies.html

Definitely wrong thread. No one posted here the deaths of Barys Kit and Gillo Dorfles. Try the 100 club or simply Political Frailty.

5 hours ago, drol said:

Definitely wrong thread. No one posted here the deaths of Barys Kit and Gillo Dorfles. Try the 100 club or simply Political Frailty.

Or African Despots, but Political Frailty may be most accurate

Maria Emilia Quesada, who claimed to be the oldest person in the world, has died at the age of 117(?).

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-06/27/c_137282860.htm

http://www.plenglish.com/index.php?o=rn&id=30132&SEO=cubas-oldest-person-diesCuba's

An ID card stated that she was born on 5th January 1901, making her 4 months older than Chiyo Miyako. However, there have been 0 verified SCs from Cuba because of their shambolic record-keeping. There's something about this case that rings true to me and sets it apart from all the "130 year old jungle woman" claims; I can see her age one day being proven. Calling her "the Cuban faker" like someone did further up the thread seems a bit cold. There are a lot of intricacies to this story that suggest she may really have been the 7th oldest ever.

3 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Maria Emilia Quesada, who claimed to be the oldest person in the world, has died at the age of 117(?).

http://www.plenglish.com/index.php?o=rn&id=30132&SEO=cubas-oldest-person-diesCuba's

An ID card stated that she was born on 5th January 1901, making her 4 months older than Chiyo Miyako. However, there have been 0 verified SCs from Cuba because of their shambolic record-keeping. There's something about this case that rings true to me and sets it apart from all the "130 year old jungle woman" claims; I can see her age one day being proven. Calling her "the Cuban faker" like someone did further up the thread seems a bit cold. There are a lot of intricacies to this story that suggest she may really have been the 7th oldest ever.

no, lol

"There are a lot of intricacies to this story"

no, there's just a bunch of lies and false claims

3 hours ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

while you think this myth is legit, take a look at this case

http://gerontology.wikia.com/wiki/Marie_Laure_du_Serre-Telmon

born 1860 and died 1977, the first 117 year old ever. this is an actual legit claim

she has marriage records, birth records, census records, etc which is why she is pending and NOT the cuban faker

maria just has her word (not reliable) and her identity card (not reliable).

NO BIRTH RECORDS, NO CENSUS RECORDS, NO CHILDREN, NO FAMILY TREE, NO RECORDS WHATSOEVER

there's already been research on this case, trust me

while this may not be on the level of "130 year old woman found in zimbabwe" or "179 year old man discovered in india"

it's still fake, sorry

I'm already familiar with the MLDST case and it would be great if she were to become verified but if all the records were available then she would be.

9 minutes ago, robwell said:

NO CENSUS RECORDS

NO FAMILY TREE

Why's this any different for Telmon? All the family trees showing one Mme Marie Laure du Serre-Telmon, who died on 8th January 1977, say she was born in 1887/8.

There are early life records (including some retrieved from Venezuela, an area known for unreliable claims) and late life records, but there is a huge gap of half a century beginning in 1909. Only one or two pieces of evidence have been found in between. If a person of almost 40yo disappeared from records, would it be right to assume that someone alive 67 years later is the same person?

It would be nice if they could both get verified but another Lucy Hannah case is the last thing we want to happen. We know Quesada was a Catholic and there are baptism records from the 1900s for tonnes of people called Maria Emilia Quesada, maybe one will be a match. I have faith in the qualified gerontologists. They were able to verify Ora Holland (1900-2015) without a birth certificate. In time they might be able to determine Quesada's real age.

• Like 2