Sign in to follow this  
VileBody

Outrage....

I'm sure we all recall the classic moments of the Emlyn Hughes experience last year. To fill the current tedious wait, whose death and subsequent discussion on the DL site would cause a similar degree of howling outrage across the nation and shameless hilarity here?

A few suggestions...

Paul McCartney

Um....

Actually I don't think anyone's going to get close to the amount of drivel that his demise'll set off.

And he's another Scouse git.

Any better ideas?

Guest Shuffler

Steven Gerrard?

Who's Paul Hunter? I've got a mate called Matt Hunter, but I don't think hundreds of people are going to give a monkeys if he pegs out.

Cancer-stricken snooker player, the subject of a thread a couple of months back.

One of the main reasons for all that ranting back then was the fact that a Google search for "Emlyn Hughes" brought up Deathlist as the first result. (Even now it is No. 4)

Going through a few likelies on the list I see at the Moment we have:

Gretchen Franklin: No 1 result

Peter O'Sullevan: No. 4 result

Ronnie Biggs: No. 8 result

Claire Rayner: No. 9 result

(Clive Dunn comes up as the 7th result but isn't on this year's list)

Kurt Waldheim brings us up as result No. 23. Not on the first page but should gaurantee a few angry Germans when his time comes.

So what we need is someone much-loved who is not mentioned much anywhere else on the internet so it's easy for their Deathlist entry to get on the first page.

Or presumably that we bang on about someone so much that we get higher up the Google list?

Paul McCartney's a wan*er!

etc....

While we're on the subject of Paul McCartney, I read yesterday that the late and blessed Linda arranged to have her £150m estate probated in New York through some fancy tax planning. Despite having lived most of her life in the UK the estate was therefore exempt from Inheritance Tax.

This meant that Sir "I-want-to-help-little-black-babies" Paul and the gorgeous pouting Stella were better off by about £60m. At the expense of British taxpayers, ie: me and the other bloke who doesn't work for the Government. Who will now no doubt have to cough up even more dough to buy a couple of extra Mercs for Robert Mugabe.

Just to put all this crashing hypocrisy and naked greed in context, the first Live Aid raised £50m.

While we're on the subject of Paul McCartney, I read yesterday that the late and blessed Linda arranged to have her £150m estate probated in New York through some fancy tax planning.  Despite having lived most of her life in the UK the estate was therefore exempt from Inheritance Tax.

This meant that Sir "I-want-to-help-little-black-babies" Paul and the gorgeous pouting Stella were better off by about £60m.  At the expense of British taxpayers, ie: me and the other bloke who doesn't work for the Government.  Who will now no doubt have to cough up even more dough to buy a couple of extra Mercs for Robert Mugabe.

Just to put all this crashing hypocrisy and naked greed in context, the first Live Aid raised £50m.

Thanks, I was already having a sh*t day without reading about more financial success for Sir smug Mcartney.

Or presumably that we bang on about someone so much that we get higher up the Google list?

Paul McCartney's a wan*er!..................

etc....

The way to do it would be to click on this link, then on the Deathlist link which comes up on the results page.

Then come back here, and do it again.

About 70,000 times.

About 70,000 times.

Middle England loves to get worked up about nowt much.

I reckon the hilarity and high fives that will greet the eventual ends of Cliff Richard, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Tim Rice and Edward Heath would get several Daily Mail readers worked up to the point of writing letters to their favourite paper.

That should read....

About 70,000 times.

Make that 700,000 times.

A search for Paul McCartney on Google brings up more than 3,000,000 results.

I searched the first 1,000 but couldn't find us. :old:

I first found DL when searching Angus Ogilvy on google - you have Earl Gloomy to thank for my useless posts :old:

I reckon you're onto something there Windsor - I feel a "thread within a thread" coming on: "Who were you looking for when you first found Deathlist?" I just wanted to know if Fay Wray was still alive - can't remember why, probably just a conversation I was having with Mrs C - she was at the time.

"Who were you looking for when you first found Deathlist?"

Jeremy Thorpe.

Don't ask why. :old:

Jeremy Thorpe.

Don't ask why.  :old:

According to this he's had Parkinson's for the past 20 years. Maybe a possible for the 2006 list?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeremy_Thorpe

He was on the List in '94 and '96.

I'm sure the authorities are monitoring his condition closely for a possible re-inclusion.

The celebrity that hooked me was Oral Roberts

(work-related research, honest!)