honez

Sir Joh Bjelke-petersen

Time to go for Sir Joh...

Back in hospital.

This report sounds a bit cheerier than the news report I've just seen on the telly--his doctor described his situation as a wait-and-see, watching vigil. Everyone has their time and I think this is Sir Joh's, she said.

• Like 1

Guest The Messenger of Joh's Death

Hey... it might interest you to know that Joh died today. Being a citizen of Queensland, I can tell you he certainly does pass the fame test down here.

He was a downright lunatic...

Hey... it might interest you to know that Joh died today. Being a citizen of Queensland, I can tell you he certainly does pass the fame test down here.

So...lunacy is a sure sign of fame in Queensland? That figures.... :sicktherm:

Don't know what planet you come from, but as of this morning, he's still alive.

So that either makes you wrong, or Sir Joh is the second coming of Christ. Take your pick.

According to this Sir Joh is "struggling to breathe".

It's interesting to note that a search for his name on Google brings DeathList up as the top result. Maybe that's a good indication of famousness.

So...lunacy is a sure sign of fame in Queensland? That figures.... :banghead:

This is the guy who suggested blowing a channel through the Great Barrier Reef with atomic weapons to increase the output of Queensland's ports. 'Mad as a cut snake' as they say.

It's interesting to note that a search for his name on Google brings DeathList up as the top result. Maybe that's a good indication of famousness.

Or the contrary, if Bjelke-Petersen is not four times more famous than Emlyn Hughes and several thousand times more famous than His Late Holiness Pope John Paul II.

I'm not sure what you mean Notapotato, I meant that it indicates he's not very famous.

You are right. The more famous someone is, the further down a Google search his Deathlist entry will be. So for "more" simply read "less". Then it makes perfect sense. Sort of.

Guest Guest

he's still a goer at 22 April :)

This is the guy who suggested blowing a channel through the Great Barrier Reef with atomic weapons to increase the output of Queensland's ports. 'Mad as a cut snake' as they say.

I don't know, you could get together with the French government and kill two birds with one stone.

Guest Guest

If the test is will he ``get an obit in the telegraph or the times,''

then yes, Joh would qualify.

Just seen on the news--Sir Joh Bjelke-Petersen died today Sat 22 Apr, at 6:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.

A feather in your cap there Honez, as I know you have championed Sir Joh since last year.

DWB :lol:

Does Sir Joh's death mean that Honez will be proposing another token antipodean? Perhaps we should listen this time. :)

I'll go token hunting and see what I can come up with...

Guest Gold Coaster

Please. The man was a complete and utter scumbag. Sure he did a lot for Qld, but that only coincided with his personal needs.

For the man who fed the chooks, now he feeds worms. And the world is ever so slightly better off.

Guest Josu

It will be so sad not to hear his pearls of wisdom such as:

"Who wants to stick together with them and get your stick feet? You know, if you get, stick foot on sticky paper, you get both of them on, you fall over and Mr. Hawke asks us to stick with him. You put your foot on sticky with him, his and Keating, his government’s got their feet on sticky paper, my word they have!!!".

He was a one man laugh riot. :)

@YoungWillz, thanks for bumping this, I've spent an interesting 10 minutes reading about Sir Joh, who I've never heard of before.

• Like 1