Guest deathmeister

Charlie Drake.

From latest reports Charlie hasn't got long to go, will he make '06, who knows but if he does,he should definitely be on the list.

Any link would be meaningless,as these are only rumours DWB. Charlie has had a stroke and is blind,he sounds in a bad way.

Does that mean it is only a rumour he will make it to 2006?

Methinks Tempus Fugit speaks with forked tongue. ;)

Guest beep

I'm related to the fellow, he's my great uncle. He's still going of that its sure!

Guest the hair

I first met Charlie when i was 8 years old, it was november 5th , my pals and i had been out all day collecting money, you know "penny for the Guy". any way my two pals and i were in a sweet shop on Monument Hill, Weybridge, we were spending the money we had collected it was 4pm and getting dark, we only had a couple of bob between us (10pence today) and as my pals and i broused the display of fire works in walked this man, i'm not sure what he was buying but as he was paying he turned to look at us and said to the shop keeper " and give these lads a 10 bob box of fire works each" WOW! we thanked him after being prompted by the shop keeper, who was this man i asked as he walked out, Charlie Drake the shop keeper replied.

I have never forgoten that moment and it made me realise the pleasure you can give some one by giving.

When i 11 years old i my parents sent me to Haliford School , a year later 2 boys or was it 3, joined the school they were the sons of charlie Drake. he was often at the school, he obviously did not reconise me from that day, 5th november, and i never said. A nice man

Most neighbourhoods have a kind gentleman willing to help out young boys in a shop. Sounds like you got lucky cos this one didn't want paying back in kind.

I first met Charlie when i was 8 years old, it was november 5th , my pals and i had been out all day collecting money, you know "penny for the Guy". any way my two pals and i were in a sweet shop on Monument Hill, Weybridge, we were spending the money we had collected it was 4pm and getting dark, we only had a couple of bob between us (10pence today) and as my pals and i broused the display of fire works in walked this man, i'm not sure what he was buying but as he was paying he turned to look at us and said to the shop keeper " and give these lads a 10 bob box of fire works each" WOW! we thanked him after being prompted by the shop keeper, who was this man i asked as he walked out, Charlie Drake the shop keeper replied.

I have never forgoten that moment and it made me realise the pleasure you can give some one by giving.

When i 11 years old i my parents sent me to Haliford School , a year later 2 boys or was it 3, joined the school they were the sons of charlie Drake. he was often at the school, he obviously did not reconise me from that day, 5th november, and i never said. A nice man

Ah Well i've never seen Charlie Drake. I saw once in a local

supermarket one of the actors from Taxi. "Judd Hirsh" He was

walking with a cap on pulled down over his eyes with a hood

over it. I was going to say " Hey where's Louie! But i spaired

him from the embarressment.

I have never forgoten that moment and it  made me realise the pleasure you can give some one by giving.

Eee, there's nowt as grand as an old bloke willing to give explosives and gunpowder to whippersnappers for them to play the fool with. If only he'd kept a couple of grenades from the war you could have had a right good old time... :referee:

I have never forgoten that moment and it  made me realise the pleasure you can give some one by giving.

I used to live quite near Halliford School and had to walk past it to get the train to my hugely expensive and poncy prep school. This regularly involved being filled in by gangs of older lads from Halliford because I was obviously a toff and a poof.

Gosh, what japes we had...

It's not as if I hold any grudges tho...I just hope that one day a firework blows your f****n' hand off...

I used to live quite near Halliford School and had to walk past it to get the train to my hugely expensive and poncy prep school. This regularly involved being filled in by gangs of older lads from Halliford because I was obviously a toff and a poof.

Gosh, what japes we had...

It's not as if I hold any grudges tho...I just hope that one day a firework blows your f****n' hand off...

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

(Deathlist forms a circle around VileBody and The Hair clapping and chanting)

Guest Guest
Maybe Jim qualifies for the DeathList as "Man whose career has died" or "Man who died on stage" (unlike Tommy Cooper who was on the stage and died).

DWB :ph34r:

Charlie Drake is alive & living in an actors' home in Twickenham Middx.

Maybe Jim qualifies for the DeathList as "Man whose career has died" or "Man who died on stage" (unlike Tommy Cooper who was on the stage and died).

DWB  :ph34r:

You obviously haven't read the whole thread, poppet :ph34r:

Re Tommy Cooper, I didn't see him die on live TV. Is there a clip or still images on line anywhere?

DWB  :)

You obviously haven't read the whole thread, poppet :)

Gee, thanks rogue editor. You know who you are

You obviously haven't read the whole thread, poppet ;)

Guest david s-a

Charlie Drake is reputedly bedridden in a home.In his eighties and with one leg amputated Has a son, Paul....., his wife, Anne?, is a dementia sufferer.....news on Charlie is not good at all.

Can anyone tell me, please, the name of the British TV Series which included Dave King and Charlie Drake? It was many years ago.

My memory of it is that Dave King was connected with Boxing and Charlie Drake was chair-bound. I can remember him having a female servant and he would frequently say to her 'pump me up Judy' meaning to plump up his cushions.

George H.

Guest iain

Charlie Drake retired in 1995 after suffering a stroke.Ive no idea what his current state of health is.

Guest iain
Further to some of the tasteless postings above you should be aware that Charlie recently suffered a stroke which has left him blind and he is now in Brinsworth House, a home especially for retired show business people.

What a sad little forum this is, delighting in the demise of people with more talent than any of you will ever have.

I think its unfair to say that people are 'delighting' at the illness or imminent demise of the celebrities talked about.They may in face be quite concernecd about their welfare and are naturally and legitimately curious to know how they are doing ,especially if they havent been seen in public for many years.Sure there are some people who celebrate when someone dies,but I think it tends to be a minority.I think it sperfectly natural to be curious about whetehr people you once knew are alive or dead,and how theyre doing.

The man above speaks the truth, although - of course - there is some variety amongst us and the people we discuss.

It'll be sad and moving for me when Muhammad Ali finally dies. I think I'll cope without too much trouble when Richard O' Sullivan's room at Brinsworth House is listed as vacant.

Guest charles borromeo

Hi,

Just seen the thing about the sweet shop on Monument Hill and Charlie Drake.

Well, I was about 9 or 10 (in 1961-2) and scuffling about on the floor in the sweet shop on the Quadrant (next to Luxfords) getting at the kids sweets kept down there. I was crawling between some short man's legs. I realised from his voice who it was.

One of my few claims to fame!

www.imdb.com is your friend. Cant find anything though on both, only as individual shows. Good luck in your search.

Guest PWB

May Help:

Charlie Drake

SHOWS

Charlie Drake And Jack Edwardes UK 1954

Mick And Montmorency / Jobstoppers UK 1955

Christmas Cracker UK 1956

Tess And Jim UK 1956

Drake's Progress UK 1957

Laughter In Store UK 1957

Charlie Drake In... UK 1958

The Charlie Drake Show UK 1958

The Charlie Drake Show UK 1960

The Charlie Drake Show UK 1963

The Worker UK 1965

The Charlie Drake Show UK 1967

Who Is Sylvia? UK 1967

The Worker UK 1969

Slapstick And Old Lace UK 1971

The Charlie Drake Comedy Hour UK 1972

The Worker UK 1978

The Worker UK 1978

The Plank UK 1979

Rhubarb Rhubarb UK 1980

Mr H Is Late

Guest George H.

Sincere thanks.

I had been trying to recall what I thought was a series of his own.

In fact, I realised just this week, that it was a TV production of Charles Dicken's 'Bleak House' in which Charlie appeared as Smallweed.

For some reason I had previously been thinking that it was a separate series.

Regards,

George H.